User Tag List

Page 246 of 729 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 7287

Thread: The Rant Thread

garbage

@gromit @Aquarelle do earphones adequately signal that you don't want to be bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    @gromit @Aquarelle do earphones adequately signal that you don't want to be bothered?
    Naw a lot of people wear earphones while they are working. Oh well. Don't work there anymore anyway!

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Nope. Half the time people don't notice I'm wearing them. Also, my computer faces the back of my cube, so many times if I have earphones in, I don't notice that someone is behind me and they startle me. I don't like being snuck up on, even if that's not the intent. So mostly I don't wear earphones. :P
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Sniffles

Life goes on people.....seriously.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

People, when you give a presentation do not, repeat not, read from a script. Just don't.

You're only going to bore your audience to death and if there's an interpreter translating your talk he or she will want to knock your teeth out. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

garbage

@gromit @Aquarelle maybe you should wear bigger headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    People, when you give a presentation do not, repeat not, read from a script. Just don't.
    God, this. Every college lecturer should try to understand this.

"Welp, I gave them the material and they all failed the final exam. This happens every semester in my class. The only logical reason is that every single student is just incompetent. I tried." *dusts hands*

Also, a rant: I have six final exams over material that I learned over three years ago, combined as one preliminary exam that's supposed to determine whether I should enter into my Ph.D. program, despite having been in it for about.. three years.

After that prelim, I get to take the qualification exam that determines whether I'm ready to pursue Ph.D.-level research.. despite my dissertation being about 75% complete.

Gotta love administrative procedures.

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I don't care about this storm/hurricane. The more people bitch at me about it, the less I care. It's not the way to get me to think evacuating is a good idea. It's not the way to get me to think leaving my home to go be potentially stuck somewhere else without any of my things for however long is a good idea. It's also not a good fucking selling point with the vibe of "Im going to bitch at you to make you come with me to the point where you want to deck me in the fucking face... oh but you have to spend your storm blackouts and floods and isolation with me". NO.
    & How is it a good idea to take my Dad, who recently had a heart attack, about 2 hours from our home to be stuck somewhere else with bad conditions? Because to me that still isn't the best of ideas.

& bitching at me the second I wake up? Go fuck yourself.
    I hope you're safe if you do leave, but go fuck yourself regarding harshing my morning mellow after I drank all night.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

garbage

Sorry, bro, but manipulation tactics don't work very well on a fellow manipulator.

Also: where the fuck is your moral compass?

garbage

Also, when you ask a question, you get an answer. Sorry, bro, but the "Maybe you didn't hear me right..." tactic isn't gonna change that answer. In this case, it just reinforces it.

Sniffles

I hate people who insist on talking on their cell-phones in the library. And if I can still hear the other person through headphones, then you're definitely need to take the conversation outside.