Page 239 of 727 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 7266

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Ahgrrrrrrrr!!!

Not sure if this trainstation is smoking or nonesmoking, but I just saw an overweight boy of 10 to 12 years (legal age requirement in Germany is 16) smoking. Standing next to him was an adult woman, also smoking, who I assume is his mother.

Sometimes I think you should need a license to be allowed to reproduce.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISFP

God, damn class . . . just busy work that takes too much time. I feel like classes have always been about endless busy work. HW counts for 50% of our grade. I mean wtf? And we have sooo much of it. I don't like my professor at all. He isn't nearly as smart as he seems to think he is, just comes off as a prick, and on top of it he seems to emphasize things to learn that to me aren't that essential. He just is so arrogant. I feel like a jerk saying all this. When have I ever liked any of my professors? It's like he only got so far as regurgitating or at least just expects that from us -- to pound the information into our heads without much insight into what we're learning. I'd much rather be taking a course online. I do much better with self study, but you don't get a degree (a valid one anyway) from teaching yourself. I feel like what has been expected of me is to be a trained chimp. There's nothing brilliant left about higher education, at least from my experience this seems to be the case. It's just a factory churning out degrees and more automatons to keep what actually is an unjust and shitty system going.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Fucking annoying ESFJ neighbor and family and their crying baby won't let me sleep.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

garbage

yeah way to come up with infeasible ideas the week before our major event, organization

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

The deadline to confirm semester attendance at my school is today. If I don't confirm today, I get assessed a $250 late fee. I can't confirm semester attendance until I sign up for .5 more units. Sign up is tomorrow.

( . )( . )

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fuck people with no compassion and those with no balls to stand up for what is right.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Sometimes this world causes my inner nazi to get dangerously close to coming out. So I had it all perfectly timed, I'd get some snacks at the supermarket in the mall at the train Station and then hop on the train back home. Ha!

Let it also be said the only reason I had to do this is because friday, the day I want to Start the weekend by treating myself to a nice snack is also the only day Subways offers a sub of the week I'd never buy: tuna.yuck!!!

Anyway, so I am getting in line to pay, everything is planned to the second but the line moves slower than expected, the cashier is mentally slow and unmotivated. In front of me, blocking the way so I can't put my stuff on the belt is an elder gentleman who only used the shopping cart to lean on. He also wears a big backpack that's in the way. In front of him are more seniors, everybody is painfully slow. I see it coming that I might not be able to get my train. When it's my turn I have to leave behind the only healthy article, a banana, because I forgot to weigh it and it would take way too long to do that now. I pay, grab my stuff and run like hell.

Between me and the train I end up missing by one second, repeat, one second:
    an old man with just one eye, two or three old women with walking aids, two toddlers playing soccer inside the mall and a young gipsy (badly but all the more loudly) playing Que sera sera on the acordeon.

There was more later, but I'll cut this short.

Conclusion: To hell with the old, the sick, the weak, the helpless and the poor. Lock up everybody who does not belong to the working population between the age of 20 and 60, is physically fit and of at least of average intelligence. And I'm being generous here!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISFP

way too judgy.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

So I spent over 1000 pesos on this Mexican figurine (handmade by an indigenous artist) I bought in Yucatan. It is extremely fragile, but I managed to transport it on two international flights and get it savely back home. I put it on the highest shelf where I can't see it but where it is also out of reach for the cats. I wrap it in plastic to protect in from dust and the sun. I tell myself that it will get a place of honor in my next home when I move in a year or so.

Today I take it from the shelf for the first time in ages to draw it. I place it on the table. I turn away for one damn minute to type something into my laptop, turn back to the figurine...

.....only to see the fucking cat take a healthy bite into the damn thing!!!!!

Oh yeah, I wanted to draw it for the drawing challenges task #6 called "Draw your favorite well-loved object"

He broke out three little pieces of which two have reappeared, not sure if he swallowed the third. It's ceramics!

And no, it wasn't greedy, fat little Watson, it was shy and elegant Holmes. I yelled at him real loud when I saw it so that he ran away and kept hiding behind an armchair for quite a while. I even started to fucking cry which really isn't my style at all but I made such a frigging effort to keep this thing safe. It was expensive. I wanted it for the future, it symbolizes that future, the common apartment with MH and all that. And the furry little asshole bites right into the most visile part of the figurine and breaks it!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

On a more humorous note: I just found the Sony cable for which I begrudgingly bought an expensive replacement only 24 hours ago.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari