User Tag List

Page 234 of 727 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 7270

Thread: The Rant Thread

ReflecTcelfeR

These inane matters are given too much weight. STOP over reacting... It gets me in trouble.

Why the FUCK should I have to be waitlisted for my 101-series Calculus and Linear Algebra classes?

If you're gonna be a university with a good math and science department, make sure you can accommodate for the fact that a lot of people will want to take math and science classes.

Am I missing something here?

Ginkgo

I give you the answer to your riddle, one you already thought of but didn't want to accept, and then you ditch me after we exchange contact information. Just because you're "invisible" doesn't mean I don't want to interact with you ffs.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh my god, construction right outside my office wind... SUCK!!! Not enjoyable.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Oh my god, construction right outside my office wind... SUCK!!! Not enjoyable.
    Same here

This was about a week ago. Right now, when I look out my window, all I see is a big pile of dirt

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Same here

This was about a week ago. Right now, when I look out my window, all I see is a big pile of dirt
    Ick. I had chainsaw noises all morning here, but luckily it stopped this afternoon! /headache

Another rant:

Lady, I do not want to hear about how stressed and busy you are in your job as Entertainment Manager for Fest. Our group was promised a contract this year, has not yet received it though most groups received theirs months ago, and when our director tried to contact you early this summer before you got too busy and stressed, you waved her off until now. So now it is less than 2 weeks before opening, we still haven't had our contract meeting. We have over 30 people waiting to make plans based in this, and since we are having to bother you to fit it in, we're now going to get on your bad side. Well, if you'd have done your job EARLIER when we asked you to meet, we wouldn't have this problem, would we? So by all means, sit in your corner and eat paste, but please do it AFTER we get our goddamn contract.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

garbage

Do insurance salespeople cry when I hang up on them? Probably not, as they are likely desensitized to it.

Still, I suppose it's not their stupid fault that they're calling me; it's the stupid people who gave them my number in the first place.

They also introduce themselves with much more of my information than I'm comfortable with.
    "Hi! I'm with [some company that you've never dealt with or even heard of]. I understand that you are [doing something that said company probably shouldn't know anything about]. Let me offer you [related service]."

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Do insurance salespeople cry when I hang up on them? Probably not, as they are likely desensitized to it.

Still, I suppose it's not their stupid fault that they're calling me; it's the stupid people who gave them my number in the first place.

They also introduce themselves with much more of my information than I'm comfortable with.
    "Hi! I'm with [some company that you've never dealt with or even heard of]. I understand that you are [doing something that said company probably shouldn't know anything about]. Let me offer you [related service]."
    I used to work in a call center [albeit we were doing fundraising for various colleges] - the way those things tend to work are fairly universal. People get preset 'calling pools' - with lists of people the computer automatically dials. With sales, I dunno how they obtain the people's contact info.. that's sketchy, to me. At least with my job we were calling specific college alumni or other previous donors for a ''gift.''

Anyway, this part is important for you to know: When there's a hangup with a 'prospect' [ie YOU], the computer either automatically dials the next person on the list, or the caller has to click an option beside your name like 'no answer/disconnect/try later.' It's annoying, I know..

However, if YOU - the prospect - say the magic words - DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN, TAKE ME OFF OF YOUR LIST - they will; there's an option for this on the computer, but they're only allowed to use it if they're directly told by the prospect. They may try to persuade, and you can say, look I know that's your job to make more than one attempt per call, but I'm not interested, remove me from your list... and THEN hang up.
    They will never call again, but you have to say that.

Also, if you live in the US, you may reduce unwanted calls by entering your phone # into the National Do Not Call Registry.

https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx/
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Aren't you on the Do Not Call list? I am, and now only get a few calls from charities and political groups, who are exempt. Yes, sometimes I tell them not to call again and then hang up on them. Or, I just put the phone down and walk away, and let them fiigure out no one is listening any more. If I am not in the middle of anything, sometimes it can be fun to see how far off their script I can get them.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Also, if you live in the US, you may reduce unwanted calls by entering your phone # into the National Do Not Call Registry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Aren't you on the Do Not Call list? I am, and now only get a few calls from charities and political groups, who are exempt. Yes, sometimes I tell them not to call again and then hang up on them. Or, I just put the phone down and walk away, and let them fiigure out no one is listening any more. If I am not in the middle of anything, sometimes it can be fun to see how far off their script I can get them.
    I very rarely pick up for numbers that I don't recognize, and I am on the Do Not Call List, and so I very rarely run into this problem.

Although, this company explicitly mentioned another company that I've been working with. If there's an exception in those situations, then.. .. fine; if not, I'm gonna raise some hell with someone.

I'm also gonna contact the 'base' company--the one that I've been working with--to figure out what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    However, if YOU - the prospect - say the magic words - DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN, TAKE ME OFF OF YOUR LIST - they will; there's an option for this on the computer, but they're only allowed to use it if they're directly told by the prospect. They may try to persuade, and you can say, look I know that's your job to make more than one attempt per call, but I'm not interested, remove me from your list... and THEN hang up.
    They will never call again, but you have to say that.
    Oh snap, I forgot about that. I'm gonna do it next time they call.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If I am not in the middle of anything, sometimes it can be fun to see how far off their script I can get them.
    ... I might just do this, too.

:hifve: