Thread: The Rant Thread

Patron Saint Of Smileys Array Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I get really irritated at people who seem to think writing is easy or should be easy.

I get really irritated at people who cannot shut up about all the books they love but turn around and give me crap for my odd creative habits (researching odd topics, being emotional about the characters I create, holing up for hours-to-days at a time if I'm on a good streak). I get irritated they seem to think their favorite authors just magically pulled those stories out of their asses and sent them to a publisher.

I get irritated at the mean spirited jerks who see someone going after a dream and want nothing more than to kick it down, devalue it, and tell that person how unlikely it will be their dream will come to fruition.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I get really irritated at people who seem to think writing is easy or should be easy.

I get really irritated at people who cannot shut up about all the books they love but turn around and give me crap for my odd creative habits (researching odd topics, being emotional about the characters I create, holing up for hours-to-days at a time if I'm on a good streak). I get irritated they seem to think their favorite authors just magically pulled those stories out of their asses and sent them to a publisher.

I get irritated at the mean spirited jerks who see someone going after a dream and want nothing more than to kick it down, devalue it, and tell that person how unlikely it will be their dream will come to fruition.
    Don't ever let anyone discourage you from going after your dream. Ever.
    If you can see it in your mind's eye, you can make it happen.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

There is a cricket outside my window.

It really needs to go away. I would kill it...but I have an irrational fear of bugs and their prospective family members who would swarm about me and eat me like some bad early nineties film.

NOISY NASTY CRITTERS. Eeee, gives me the creeps just thinking about bugs.

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I hate having feelings. I want to kill them.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

I wish someone would invent something to successfully melt gallstones.

They could do it, you know...they just want to take your money, satisfy their sadistic urges by cutting you open, and talk shit about you while you're unconscious with your body open and exposed.

Bastards!

Please turn down your stereo. No one else wants to hear your rock n roll gangster rap or whatever the hell that shit is.
    Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

"Grow up... no seriously, grow up and stop dreaming for the impossible. Life isn't fair, just grow up and deal with it. Not everything works out the way you wish for it to. Stop worrying about what other people think, wishing for things to be popular. As long as you enjoy the things you do in life, that's what matters. Hey, if the other people out there don't care, go screw them. Keep enjoying what you do in life for your own sake."

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

The whole purpose of an express lane is for it to be EXPRESS, right!?

Stop writing checks, tying up the line, and then proceed to bitch and moan that it takes five whole minutes to go through. Get with the times and upgrade to a damn debit card already. I can not make your check process faster, so please stop giving me the stink eye already. Bahhhh.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    The whole purpose of an express lane is for it to be EXPRESS, right!?

Stop writing checks, tying up the line, and then proceed to bitch and moan that it takes five whole minutes to go through. Get with the times and upgrade to a damn debit card already. I can not make your check process faster, so please stop giving me the stink eye already. Bahhhh.
    People who are unnecessarily rude to cashiers/service employees need to shut up and grow up.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    People who are unnecessarily rude to cashiers/service employees need to shut up and grow up.

Tell me about it, eight hours of people being rude for no reason is enough for me to hate all people.