User Tag List

Page 205 of 728 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 7273

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Damn cats! I was feeding them, but apparently, according to them, not fast enough!

Need I say that the fingertips are a highly sensitive area?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IsFJ

I've noticed a recent trend of classic novels being published with comic book-ish covers, without being actual comic book adaptations of them. As some who likes comics, it really bugs me, turning a genuine storytelling medium into a gimmicky attention-catching technique.

If they start using a manga-esque style for that, I might cry. And, hell, I like the manga style as a whole.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Ginkgo

So I'm watching the first season of Heroes. Simone treats Isaac like he's royalty when he's on heroin, but once he's clean, she treats him like garbage. Jesus.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Dang. I find a website where I can watch Big Windup! outside the US without that MegaVideo BS, and they take the episodes down. Fiddlesticks.

/firstworldproblems
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

My random thought has now become a not so random rant. This same newsstory appears with different headlines from different news organizations. I'm listing them worst to best:

Are we really surprised? Fox News: Many Earths Out There? Nearly All Kepler Planets May Be The Real Deal

CNN's headline originally read Two Earth-like Planets 2 days ago, then yesterday they changed it to... Two new Earths and the search for life

Accurate presentation... NYTimes: Two Earth-size Planets Are Discovered

If we were to arrange these three media sources on viewers/readers, would it indicate whether or not responsible journalism sells better or worse? Can we get hold of that kind of data?
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

STOP WEARING PAJAMA PANTS OUT IN PUBLIC!
    7w6 so/sx

" The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." - John Berry

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    So my mom asks me if I want to watch a movie now or later. I say "in a little bit", and she gets mad and says we'll have to watch it tomorrow then. So why did she ask in the first place? This is so frustrating, my parents get upset like this whenever I don't want to watch something with them immediately, even when they give me a choice. So I'm supposed to sacrifice my needs/wants for theirs every time? If I say "yes", I'll get frustrated because they're controlling my time like they always do, and if I say "no", I'll get frustrated because of their reaction. There's no way to win.

Your post sounds like you're in the habit of controlling their time, not the other way around.

They gave you two reasonable options, "now," or, "later," and offered to let you choose one of the two reasonable options. If you had chosen "now," they could watch the movie and get shit done later. If you had chosen "later," they could do a load of laundry, or call a friend without getting interrupted by you, or generally use their time how they want to use it, knowing they have a chunk of time to focus on their needs. You answered with an in-between third option, one that doesn't respect the fact that they have shit to do, too. You're not a dependent baby, your parents shouldn't be waiting on your moods to dictate how they spend their time.

She's offering you cooperation as an adult, so cooperate. She revoked that when you didn't act like an adult. It's not like your parents are telling you the plan, they're letting you cooperate by asking for your input. It's taken for granted that you will respect their time by cooperating and coming to an agreement that works for everyone. Your mom is ticked because you disrespected the fact that she is a human who has a right to focus on herself for a few hours a day instead of a mom whose sole purpose in life is to respond to her child's moods. Yes, she's oversensitive about it. But who wouldn't be, after parenting young kids? Genuinely putting others first hard, so don't push the boundaries by constantly expecting it when you're a mature teen.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Your post sounds like you're in the habit of controlling their time, not the other way around.

They gave you two reasonable options, "now," or, "later," and offered to let you choose one of the two reasonable options. If you had chosen "now," they could watch the movie and get shit done later. If you had chosen "later," they could do a load of laundry, or call a friend without getting interrupted by you, or generally use their time how they want to use it, knowing they have a chunk of time to focus on their needs. You answered with an in-between third option, one that doesn't respect the fact that they have shit to do, too. You're not a dependent baby, your parents shouldn't be waiting on your moods to dictate how they spend their time.

She's offering you cooperation as an adult, so cooperate. She revoked that when you didn't act like an adult. It's not like your parents are telling you the plan, they're letting you cooperate by asking for your input. It's taken for granted that you will respect their time by cooperating and coming to an agreement that works for everyone. Your mom is ticked because you disrespected the fact that she is a human who has a right to focus on herself for a few hours a day instead of a mom whose sole purpose in life is to respond to her child's moods. Yes, she's oversensitive about it. But who wouldn't be, after parenting young kids? Genuinely putting others first hard, so don't push the boundaries by constantly expecting it when you're a mature teen.
    Not really...it's not like there were things that needed to be done, and this was in the evening when it wouldn't have made much difference (and I was under the assumption that since they were giving me a choice of now or later, later would actually be an acceptable option). I should clarify that I rarely make them wait like this, so I'm really not "in the habit of controlling their time". I should also clarify that when I said "in a little bit", I meant "give me 20 minutes so I can finish what I'm in the middle of doing". The problem was really a communication problem. I have to admit I probably should have been more clear than just saying "in a little bit", but my mom also jumped to the conclusion that I was going to make them wait all night, and instead of giving me a chance to explain she got upset and left, saying we'd have to watch it tomorrow. Still, I'm inclined to say that the whole situation was probably my fault because I couldn't make up my mind quickly enough or express what I meant more clearly...

Am I selfish if I make them wait, even a little bit? Should I have just agreed to watch the movie right away? I feel bad now...

A window to the soul

What the heck, it's stupid question day and the dang smiley dialgue still has a friggin bug. It can't just open once and load, it has to reload itself at least a dozen times before it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    What the heck, it's stupid question day and the dang smiley dialgue still has a friggin bug. It can't just open once and load, it has to reload itself at least a dozen times before it's done.
    The smiley dialog has gotten grumpy?