User Tag List

Page 201 of 727 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 7269

Thread: The Rant Thread

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    How were you able to get on in the first place? Can you replicate it?

*crosses fingers*
    Small change in router settings... but it appears the change was temporary in allowing me into Vent. Not sure what specific change let me in... but now I'm stuck in synchronizing mode here on Vent... fun times!

Where's my sledgehammer? LOL

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Small change in router settings... but it appears the change was temporary in allowing me into Vent. Not sure what specific change let me in... but now I'm stuck in synchronizing mode here on Vent... fun times!

Where's my sledgehammer? LOL
    has your firewall blocked vent?

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    has your firewall blocked vent?
    Might be possible... will have to experiment with this one on the main computer. I know I've played with it before, and I've been able to get to the server, but not past the synchronizing step. It's like something isn't quite connecting, or is being blocked.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Might be possible... will have to experiment with this one on the main computer. I know I've played with it before, and I've been able to get to the server, but not past the synchronizing step. It's like something isn't quite connecting, or is being blocked.
    http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=45287
    I had a similar problem once, and there was a malfunction with packet acknowledgement. However, mind figured itself out.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=45287
    I had a similar problem once, and there was a malfunction with packet acknowledgement. However, mind figured itself out.
    Thank you for the link... I hope that the steps in it work on my end. *fingers crossed* Will see what happens when I smoke test it.

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

NPcomplete

Do you have to nag? Every 5 minutes? Every day?

MBTI
    ENTP

I dislike Christmas. Specifically, as a Jew, I dislike being forced to celebrate it because my dad's family is Christian. I cannot stand the traditional food, the 'cheery' Christmas movies make me nauseous, and the songs are endlessly annoying. I hate the assumptions behind it. I hate how everyone assumes that, as an American, I must celebrate.

I guess I celebrate Chanukah. But it's not a major holiday. It's a bit of tasty food, gambling (no, really, that's what playing dreidel is), and, because parents want to satisfy their children's desire for gifts, a few small gifts. It's fun. But it's not the sort of holiday you decorate for, it's not the sort of holiday you prepare for months for. It's a small, fun holiday. Christmas is all consuming. Chanukah isn't. I'm more comfortable accepting the New Year as my holiday of choice out of the "Happy Holidays" than Chanukah, because the New Year seems quite important, and it's the most secular.

I don't care if the tree was a Pagan tradition. I don't care if Santa is too. I'm not Pagan either.

When I explain my discomfort to other people, I apparently seem overly sensitive, or grinch-like. I don't want to begrudge you your holiday, but can you please leave my out of this nonsense? It's not my holiday, it's not my beliefs. Celebrate, enjoy yourself, but please, please don't try to 'include' me in your celebrations. It just makes it all the more obvious that I'm not part of it, that I don't belong.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I was working part-time as an admin assistant in a real estate management company while finishing up my graphic design degree. I try to be helpful around the office, so I've learned parts of many other positions in the 3.5 years I've been there.
    Since I had graphic design training, they had me cover for a coworker's maternity leave in the marketing department. I liked it and was good at it, even though the other guy in marketing was a complete douchebag and made the environment bad. Later on, right as I finished with my degree, the douchebag in marketing got himself fired.
    I was super excited, because that meant I could apply for his job. While it wouldn't be a dream job, I knew I could do it (since I already had), it would be great experience, and it'd be a raise of about $9/hr. My supervisor (who was also the HR and office manager) asked me if I wanted to apply and I said HELL YES, got my resume all spiffed up, wrote a really nice cover letter, tidied up my portfolio, and handed it all over to her. She also asked me to help out in the marketing department while they were waiting to get a new person and I readily agreed, thinking it couldn't hurt my chances.

Time passed. They weren't interviewing people, so I was gradually getting more excited about my possibility of getting the job. A couple of weeks went by and I still hadn't heard anything, so I finally went to my supervisor and asked her what was going on. She told me that the main boss hadn't even looked at the cover letter, resume, or portfolio. He'd simply told her "I don't want my admins transferring to other positions in the company." At first I wondered if he just didn't like me, but then I heard a couple of the other admins were also blocked from getting better-paying positions in the company the same way. It didn't make me any less furious, but at least it wasn't just me.

It's really hard not to tell him to fuck off every time I see him and he says hello to me. Asshole.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by celesul View Post
    I dislike Christmas. Specifically, as a Jew, I dislike being forced to celebrate it because my dad's family is Christian. I cannot stand the traditional food, the 'cheery' Christmas movies make me nauseous, and the songs are endlessly annoying. I hate the assumptions behind it. I hate how everyone assumes that, as an American, I must celebrate.
    That sucks! Things like this are just one of the problems with assuming the majority way is the right way. Good for you for trying to explain how this makes you feel... hopefully your family, etc, will start to understand.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Boy, I really love it when I send an email with two questions, and only get a response to one of them.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/