Page 2 of 729 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread

Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Are all dogs ESTP, or do you know that particular dog is ESTP somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Aleksey!
    I was looking for the link that would display the avatar and type, but the one I cited turned out to emphasize the user's face, my mistake.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

Oh.

Nevermind.

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Lately, Christianity has been pissing me off. Majorly. All the rules and judgements, and going to church and hearing about how bad we are and really being brought down by all of the negativity. PRAISE JESUS, BOW DOWN AND GIVE UP YOUR SOUL FOR THOU AREN'T PURE. How practical is that? How practical is being told you should worship something with all of your heart, pray over every single decision you plan to make, and obey a strict code of rules or face the wrath of Satan and Hell. And secondly, how 'corporate' some churches are becoming. I was at a fairly large Methodist church with a congregation topping 3,000 loyal church goers, and I felt like the focus was less on a spiritual connection and more on the finances and politics of the church. Same goes for Vatican city. So much of it is fake earthly power and money that people think will bring them to salvation and make them better people. I guess the same applies to most religions though. But Christianity has really been pissing on my lawn lately.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?
    Likes morganelise48 liked this post

One day and the next Array Rainne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Some people aren't meant to be on teams.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

all these papers and projects for classes should be optional at differing due dates. And I can translate this desire into MBTI theory:

As we all know, unless your class is something like english or the like, generally all of the big assignments come later in the semester. A common trend I've noticed is, near the end all your papers and projects piled up and due around the same time you should be studying for exams. I believe this is actually horrible for strong Perceivers such as meself, IMO. I think this is counter-intuitive, and that some mbti whores might believe perceivers would rather have their due dates way in the future, so they can do what they're famous for. However, this type of assignment pattern that is so common more suits judgers. Judgers can look at a deadline in the distance and work at it early or at least have enough motivation/interest to still push to get it done later on. A Perceiver should have earlier deadlines that are spread out among each other because after all that time they may lose interest and not do their best (even when they're cramming).

All of this time I could have been enjoying the cool-down portion of the semester as the work load wanes alongside my interest in still showing up to classes and/or actually giving a shit. But I'm forced to live in a J society, where all the deadlines are at the second to last week and by that time I'm way over school.

Nickle Iron Silicone Array Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I don't understand why people jog, walk, and ride their bicycles in the street when they have the option to use the sidewalk. I hate it.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm not that good at ranting, so I found some profecional rants online. Listen and enjoy.

Getting old rant
    http://www.ranting-gryphon.com/Audio...rant-aging.mp3

If you get a little error message, just hit the refresh button at the top of your screen.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

I am annoyed because I just realized that a certain prolific poster on this site fits the profile of an abuser in their political speech.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    All dogs are ESTPs, there is one below that is an ESTP, hence I can conclude the entire specie shares the type!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum.../whatever.html
    I'm not a dog!

though I identify with the bouncy waggy ones who chase frisbees in a way

my dogs have always seemed signifigantly more IxFJ though... they don't like new people and they pout alot
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not a dog!
    But your avatar....
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."