User Tag List

Page 195 of 728 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 7274

Thread: The Rant Thread

Ginkgo

Friend, you let too many insignificant things bother you.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Snark time!

People by me need to wake up and realize that all the supposed businesses that claim to have jobs for people are lying to them... these businesses that are coming into the area are dirty industry, low-paying jobs, where they hire non-local workers... and most of these business will end up devaluing real estate property in the area. "It's jobs!" people think... but these companies are deceiving the local people. Poisonous flies in the marketplace, and the people will be stung by their bites.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I wanna go surfing SO bad, weather, wind and waves are PERFECT for it! But nope, I have to work on an accounting group project because the fucking cunthead group members are incompetent.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Srsly people, STFU!!!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Naglfar.

Permabanned Array

I really dislike having inferior Fe. It isn't very comfortable having no idea how to deal with emotions in the first place..and at the same time having no idea what you're feeling at the time you are feeling it. It's quite annoying realizing that the whole reason you're in a crappy mood is because you feel guilty for not doing something..when you've been searching for a reason as to why you've been in a crappy mood for like two weeks straight. It's also annoying having your emotions being so easily influenced by people you don't even know. It's a weird feeling wanting someone to like you...and not understanding why they wouldn't...because you honestly haven't met many people who you don't "like" in some way...or rather...you don't even think of people in terms of "like" and "dislike"..people have qualities that you may or may not find very acceptable personally, but you know those few undesirable qualities don't define the whole person..and they're personal decisions are just that, theirs, and you don't think it your place to even mention anything, unless they show you they would be willing to listen to what you have to say.
    I dislike having emotions. It would be a lot easier if I could just be logical all the time. I wish Ne was more people focused.
    Also..
    Nice guys finish last, as any woman would tell you they should...
    It's weird I still have no idea what I'm feeling. It isn't pleasant...baghh

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I just received this email:
    Hi XXXXX,
    I have been filling out my xxxxxxx applications for xxxxxxx and am about to send them in. I was wondering if you were available anytime today to talk with me and go over any questions I have. I will stop by your office after all of my classes.
    Thanks,
    xxxxxxx
    Really?? Are your other advisers available all day every day for drop-ins, or something? My drop in hours are on Tuesday! Other than that, make an appointment.

I have the afternoon free, but I told her to schedule and appointment anyway. It's the principle.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Sniffles

*sigh* German history.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Sigh... It's frustrating talking with my friend whose husband is trying to get a visa application through to live in this country. I knew when she precipitately married the guy that it was going to be a nightmare for many reasons, among them the visa stuff. She just thought true love would conquer all. Unfortunately, there's a million other things to think through including financial stuff and visa requirements. All of which went through my head when she told me she'd eloped with him, and apparently very few of them had gone through her head.

He has to pass an English exam to even be able to apply for a visa here first - and it's very difficult apparently and he's failed once already (a common experience.) Thing is, she can't just accept that this is how it is and that she rushed headlong into this situation. She's like "oh but people come from all over the European Union to live here and they can't speak English. Polish people come here and mooch off the system." I wanted to say that the Polish people (among others) who I have met here speak excellent English and work very hard. And even if they don't speak English, Poland and the UK are EU countries. So they can come and live here without the language requirement. That's just how it is. It may not be 100% fair, but there are advantages to being an EU citizen. (Also, I strongly suspect that if her husband does get over here eventually, he's going to be "mooching off the system" to a certain extent anyway. She's supporting him now and will probably be supporting him for a long time, at least.)

She pointed out that if expats want to go live in Dubai, there's no requirement for them to speak Arabic and they don't integrate. (This was partly in response to me mildly saying that in principle I agree with the language requirement thing because integration is a good idea - etc). This is true. I did however want to point out that the non-integrating English speakers in places like Dubai aren't in the habit of inciting terrorism or encouraging forced marriages or honour killings, all of which are a lot more likely in the UK with people from places such as the Middle East who haven't really integrated. Obviously there was no point in saying this and it would have got a bad response so I kept my mouth shut and kind of nodded along. I don't agree though that the language law is "racist" as she calls it. I think basically it is a good idea. I care a lot about her but it kind of reminds me why (among other reasons) we don't speak as much as we used to. She doesn't understand that the world doesn't revolve around the Middle East or people from there. I doubt she would give a damn about this "racist" law if she wasn't married to someone from the Middle East who is having visa problems.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING