User Tag List

Page 181 of 727 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 7270

Thread: The Rant Thread

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You should really get some sleep.
    I can't. Today is a big day. I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready.

The reason I'm asking Roar that is because their apostrophes are inverted and my keyboard doesn't feature those on its standard symbols.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Oh, I know what you mean. I would love to do that too, except that I'm rather protective of my (already somewhat damaged) feelings. I'd probably be happy if I could just get confirmation that he was miserable. Last I heard through another mutual friend a few months ago, it kind of sounded like he was!

At least my friend and I have been amusing ourselves with speculation and evil comments about him. I needed an ESFP around to get me laughing about this stuff. He's Pakistani-Italian but grew up here in England, so he's kind of a wannabe Italian (dating an Italian now, lives next door to his Italian mom) and doesn't like his Pakistani background, though his name is about as Pakistani as they get. She wanted to send him another message calling him a Paki bastard. She's French, and the first time she met him apparently she said "oh, so you're a Paki!", possibly due to language differences not realising (so she says) that it's a major racist slur. (she does speak excellent English though.) I wish I'd seen his face. Although I know how racist the expression is, every time the words "Paki bastard" go through my mind I'm laughing my head off.
    That makes me decidedly uncomfortable. I don't think you need to stoop to that to have some fun at his expense/teach him that actions have consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I can't. Today is a big day. I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready.
    For?

The reason I'm asking Roar that is because their apostrophes are inverted and my keyboard doesn't feature those on its standard symbols.
    The phrasing was a bit unusual, for many reasons.

Not that I haven't come to expect that from you.

Ginkgo

For?
    My time to shine. You could read my blog.

The phrasing was a bit unusual, for many reasons.

Not that I haven't come to expect that from you.
    I didn't know how I should have articulated it; some keyboards are designed for English speaking consumers and some aren't. I'm guessing Roar's is not, which is a deciding factor in how I'll figure out whether Roar is a dupe account. For you see, Roar seems to be a bit too familiar.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

My time to shine. You could read my blog.
    I said YOU needed to sleep; not me. :P

I didn't know how I should have articulated it; some keyboards are designed for English speaking consumers and some aren't. I'm guessing Roar's is not, which is a deciding factor in how I'll figure out whether Roar is a dupe account. For you see, Roar seems to be a bit too familiar.
    Ah ok.
    Insomnia and paranoia are frequent bed-fellows.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That makes me decidedly uncomfortable. I don't think you need to stoop to that to have some fun at his expense/teach him that actions have consequences.
    Yeah, it's admittedly not great. I would never actually say that to someone. (I did choose to believe her when she said she didn't know how bad it was, though. She did also say to him "I don't mind if you call me a Frog," but she's pretty insane.) I think I'm just in a weird mood at the moment.

Even in terms of just teaching people that their actions have consequences...etc...I dunno, last time I wrote a letter to an ex (although this guy isn't actually an ex) telling them what I thought of their behaviour, it relieved my feelings a bit, but it kind of made things more awkward. Hence my entry into the rant thread...

He kind of insulted me about being middle class...that makes me feel slightly less guilty.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Ginkgo

I said YOU needed to sleep; not me. :P
    Nice one. Perhaps you could join me in partaking of the morning coffee. I promise, your peppiness will be on par with Wayne Brady's by your second cup of joe.

Ah ok.
    Insomnia and paranoia are frequent bed-fellows.
    Blessed are the paranoid, for they are ever-watchful of our enemies.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Yeah, it's admittedly not great. I would never actually say that to someone. (I did choose to believe her when she said she didn't know how bad it was, though. She did also say to him "I don't mind if you call me a Frog," but she's pretty insane.) I think I'm just in a weird mood at the moment.

Even in terms of just teaching people that their actions have consequences...etc...I dunno, last time I wrote a letter to an ex (although this guy isn't actually an ex) telling them what I thought of their behaviour, it relieved my feelings a bit, but it kind of made things more awkward. Hence my entry into the rant thread...
    I guess you know best.
    Bridge-burning is kind of a hobby of mine, but it's not for everyone.

Nice one. Perhaps you could join me in partaking of the morning coffee. I promise, your peppiness will be on par with Wayne Brady's by your second cup of joe.
    I've abused caffeine to the point that it no longer has any effect.
    Besides, I'm currently sucking on something far more satisfying.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I guess you know best.
    Bridge-burning is kind of a hobby of mine, but it's not for everyone.
    I'm more likely to burn the bridge without fanfare, ie. cut people out of my life without much discussion (on very very rare occasions only - when I can't handle having them around any more). I know it's avoidant. I guess there are different consequences whichever way you do it.

Sorry about the racism. It is EXTREMELY out of character for me. I think it was so inappropriate/offensive that I found it funny...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Ginkgo

I've abused caffeine to the point that it no longer has any effect.
    Besides, I'm currently sucking on something far more satisfying.
    I knew you were a creature of the night. :P