Thread: The Rant Thread

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I am getting sick of these dumbsh*** weather people they get on the news.... they point at a location on the map and say it's County A, when it's actually County B, say that a storm system is going towards a town that isn't even in that location, and doesn't report that there is a FLASH FLOOD WATCH. Seriously! If there's a severe weather alert, you report it! I wonder if this person even knows what the hell a hook echo or bow echo is on the radar screen. Poor geography skills, and poor reporting. This one gets a C- for weather reports.

Oh, and then there's these weather reporters on the news that look way too pretty for the job and really aren't all that knowledgeable about weather, don't even have a degree in meteorology, and yet they have the nerve to say that the National Weather Service is inaccurate with weather reporting. I'd like to see those weather reporters try analyzing several weather models from computer simulations and attempt to predict what is going to happen, without being delivered a script through a teleprompter.

I much prefer the true meteorologists that know what they are talking about.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    I am getting sick of these dumbsh*** weather people they get on the news.... they point at a location on the map and say it's County A, when it's actually County B, say that a storm system is going towards a town that isn't even in that location, and doesn't report that there is a FLASH FLOOD WATCH. Seriously! If there's a severe weather alert, you report it! I wonder if this person even knows what the hell a hook echo or bow echo is on the radar screen. Poor geography skills, and poor reporting. This one gets a C- for weather reports.

Oh, and then there's these weather reporters on the news that look way too pretty for the job and really aren't all that knowledgeable about weather, don't even have a degree in meteorology, and yet they have the nerve to say that the National Weather Service is inaccurate with weather reporting. I'd like to see those weather reporters try analyzing several weather models from computer simulations and attempt to predict what is going to happen, without being delivered a script through a teleprompter.

I much prefer the true meteorologists that know what they are talking about.
    All you need is the Weather rock. 100% chance of weather.
    Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    All you need is the Weather rock. 100% chance of weather.
    Pretty much as accurate as sticking your finger up in the air to figure out if it's windy! LOL

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Is it too much to ask for a Chinese restaurant where the take-out food comes in those cool little boxes instead of the lame-ass Styrofoam containers?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I'm angry at my mom.
    So I've self-published my second book and she's aggressively selling it. I've told her repeatedly not to do that. I've told her I didn't want her to bully people into buying my book.
    Now I hear from sister that she'd done it again, and when sis complained (rightly) she said that she had a whole box full of books and she had to sell them. That was NOT the intention! Why, if I tell her "I'd like to be a writer" and "I'm happy to be a teacher, too" and "I've got a rough week at school, Class Such-and-so was acting up again" and "Don't push my book unto unwilling people" and "Here's a box so you've got some extras for when you need it", she only hears "Tamske wants to be a writer that badly, she's unhappy at her teacher's job, she's given me a full box and I feel obliged to sell them"?!?!
    Now is as good a time as any to take this rant back. Turns out sister was exaggerating and in a foul mood herself (for an unrelated reason) at the time of our conversation. Sorry mom.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

OMG this is fucking ridiculous!!

(Simultaneously quite enjoyable. My god, I am fucked up. )
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESFJ

Why, oh Why???

From my efforts you made £17850 in July. You are now going to back pay some employees to April. I ask and i'm told 'NO' .. Just because today was my final day, i was still working for you when this decision was made public. *Deep sigh* I'm glad i left as this is not a nice way to treat staff.

Oh yeah, businesses are no longer fair
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Anyone that f***s with friends and loved ones near and dear to me will get it...

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

My contact lens is irritating my eye, I've got a horrible neck crick, and my ass is numb and I hardly got any shit done today.

lamesauce.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    My contact lens is irritating my eye, I've got a horrible neck crick, and my ass is numb and I hardly got any shit done today.

lamesauce.
    Take out the f*cking lenses, have a nice (hot for the tense neck, cold for the damn heat, you decide) shower and lie down for a moment.

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari