ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

No...no...no....just no.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

After a total of 2 hours of the train standing still, I am finally in Stuttgart and a little closer to my final destination!!!

Deutsche Bahn can expect some anthrax letter in their mail! *shakes fist*

PS: Dear Echelon people, this is not a terrorist threat, please don't break in my door!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I hate people who cheap out on household necessity items just so they can use the trivial amount they saved on other more expensive, unnecessary luxury items. I'm willing to turn the other cheek when it comes to buying store brand food and stuff like that; Personally I think I have a tendency to spoil myself and buy the good stuff, as I prefer to not have my ice cream and cereal taste like the inside of a plastic bag, but hey, if you wanna eat that stuff, that's your prerogative.

When it comes to toiletries, do yourself, your house guests and society a favor and don't buy the stuff that comes with some nonsensical bundle deal (Buy 1, get 99 free!) or is possible to be paid for in small change. No one should be forced to endure wiping their ass or cleaning their body with something store brand crap just because you want a new iPod or a nicer car. You owe it to yourself to have the good stuff. And if you are going to be a cheap bastard about it, forewarn people you're a frugal bastard so they can either know to bring their own stuff from home, or go outside and yank a leaf off a tree, because I'd rather wipe my ass with a magazine than that crap you had in your house. And your soap? I take multiple showers a day so I can smell like I've been either climbing the Rockies, doing manual labour in a Vanilla scented field in Ireland, or water skiing in The Everglades, not so I can emerge from the shower smelling worse than when I went in. I do not want to come out smelling like a crowded grocery store line, a wet dog, or like a child's muddy shoe that's been left outside for the weekend.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    No one should be forced to endure wiping their ass or cleaning their body with something store brand crap just because you want a new iPod or a nicer car.
    I see you know an ISTJ.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I see you know an ISTJ.
    Yep. My Mother's an ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yep. My Mother's an ISTJ.
    My grandfather always had a brand new car, and we dressed very well, especially for church-type clothing. I got fantastic toys at Christmas time. But we always used the cheapest store-brand bar of soap possible (I seriously used to think any kind of liquid body wash was a hardcore luxury until I was in my late teens, and now that's all I use), had to keep showers down to ten minutes or less, and we had like a set frugal menu every week, where we had like beans and cornbread one day, spaghetti another day, chicken and canned vegetables another, and then finally on Sunday we'd have this really great meal or go out to a restaurant.

My exes ESTJ mother was a hoarder, I mean she always had two of every generic cleaning product and cheap economy toilet paper.

Even the ISTJ guy who I talk to a lot now, who is very fond of nice things, always says he'd rather have quality over quantity. You know, a few items of designer clothing, then cheap black tee shirts...bitches about how much his mother goes out to eat when she has food in the fridge...yeah...

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

MBTI
    INTP

You know what just frys my guts? I'm paying north of $3.60 a gallon for fuel and when I get out to clean my damned windows the assholes that run the station can't be bothered to put a little soap or windshield washer fluid in the squeegee water. Seriously? This is going to make or break the damned station to give away a little cleaner? I'm trying to scrape the desicated corpses of a pound of foogin bugs off my windshield with just WATER!?

Assholes.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    My grandfather always had a brand new car, and we dressed very well, especially for church-type clothing. I got fantastic toys at Christmas time. But we always used the cheapest store-brand bar of soap possible (I seriously used to think any kind of liquid body wash was a hardcore luxury until I was in my late teens, and now that's all I use), had to keep showers down to ten minutes or less, and we had like a set frugal menu every week, where we had like beans and cornbread one day, spaghetti another day, chicken and canned vegetables another, and then finally on Sunday we'd have this really great meal or go out to a restaurant.

My exes ESTJ mother was a hoarder, I mean she always had two of every generic cleaning product and cheap economy toilet paper.

Even the ISTJ guy who I talk to a lot now, who is very fond of nice things, always says he'd rather have quality over quantity. You know, a few items of designer clothing, then cheap black tee shirts...bitches about how much his mother goes out to eat when she has food in the fridge...yeah...
    Interesting. My mother wasn't whom inspired my original post, but I do recognize some of what you were talking about in reference to her. To me, her spending habits always seemed a bit arbitrary; In some areas she pretty much barred no expense (clothing, cars, house hold items), yet in others she's extremely frugal (entertainment & recreational stuff). Like, even now, sometimes we'll have a family dinner at a really nice restaurant for no special occasion at all, yet in spending in areas that's not really necessary or that costs spent wouldn't be noticeable to an outsider, her focus is on saving & efficiency.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Interesting. My mother wasn't whom inspired my original post, but I do recognize some of what you were talking about in reference to her. To me, her spending habits always seemed a bit arbitrary; In some areas she pretty much barred no expense (clothing, cars, house hold items), yet in others she's extremely frugal (entertainment & recreational stuff). Like, even now, sometimes we'll have a family dinner at a really nice restaurant for no special occasion at all, yet in spending in areas that's not really necessary or that costs spent wouldn't be noticeable to an outsider, her focus is on saving & efficiency.
    There's always a method to it, the idea is if we save and save on this and that, we can have THIS BIG THING. And that's cool I mean my life with my grandparents was always super stable, and same with my exes mom, his parents house ran like clockwork and everything needed was always there and totally stable, and then there would be extra money for things like buying me a leather jacket for Christmas...his mom could be stingey and strict in one way, and then really extravagant, sort of like my grandfather, but in a different way. My exes mom didn't care about cars at all and drove an old jeep, but she pinched pennies so that they could have those gold plated pots and pans, Italian tile in their house and she could go out and buy DVDs and bags of candy when we were hanging out there.

My ISTJ just decided a new car was a bad investment and that a condo would be better, and explained his logic. He applies his logic mostly to having really nice lasting things of quality while being frugal with smaller or temporary things.

I hate to admit it, but I'm the opposite. LOL.

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

On the phone, my brother asked my Mom if he could talk to my recently-dead Grandma... if she wasn't too weak.

Kids, don't do drugs.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance