Page 166 of 728 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 7274

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My father drove the ambulance many years ago and he was once called to a neigbouring house who knew he did that as well of a very devout christian family who's newborn baby had stopped breathing. He was on the scene fast and rescusitated the baby and took it and the father to the hospital. On the way to the hospital the father of the baby told my father that he didn't have to drive so fast because if the baby wouldn't make it, it was meant to be, and it would be ok because then he'd be in the care of the Lord.

My father came very close to punching the guy but managed to shrug it off.

It's a similar situation I suppose. It's using religion as a shield in a wrong way. When something is wrong you should do everything in your power to right it. And if that wasn't enough, then you can find comfort in religion all you want. But not before. If he has backpains and doesn't want to get them checked out because he believes it is punishment, then that's just him using religion as a shield as well.
    Christian Science, faith-based healing, extremists who put too much emphasis into "God's Will" just confound me. Bad enough children and adults I don't know die as a result of this nonsense, but I hate seeing my dad like this. It seems the more religious he gets, the more self-loathing he becomes. Not in a 13 year-old emo type way, but like I said, he feels like he's being punished for stupid shit. My dad's a really, really good man and this just pisses me off.

He already had one surgery when he was younger, now he's on pain meds, gets injections, sees the chiropractor regularly, and is looking into getting another surgery. Before, he seemed really down like he was just going to give up, thinking he was going to be in pain for the rest of his life and never be able to enjoy any activities, then his mood started to really improve once he found out about this new surgery, but now I see him regressing because of this BS. Maybe it is a shield, I don't know. Maybe he's afraid that the surgery won't work. Maybe he's afraid he'll never find a woman again.

I just can't talk sense into someone who believes in something that doesn't make any sense to me and it's so frustrating.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It might be fear. It might be mortality. I don't know. But I understand your rage about it.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's a rather medieval and crude process actually.

Whilest the male productive parts are the technological marvel of the new age.

We can just put it in whenever and whereever we feel like it and it will always be functional and feel good. Whilest women have to endure it over and over every month even though they will only need the use of the process on average two to three times in their lives. Unlike in medieval times when women farted out in the tens of babies during their lives.

The process is stuck on the wheel of time and is in serious need of evolution.
    Trouble is, what happens if the human population is decimated and a woman needs to reproduce more often to ensure survival of her genes into the next generation. It might be advantageous in the case of having a genetic bottleneck with the human population, but in this day and age, it's definitely not the best fit. And to think of all the egg cells produced and unused! We're lucky enough to be alive to think of the chances of our existence with that many egg cells! </biology nerd moment>

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I was more aiming at it evolving into a more permanent presence without the unneccesary side effects. But evolving into a year cycle instead of a month cycle might solve a lot of issues as well. Even save some marriages here and there.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

I had to switch to Internet Exp 8 to download some upgraded maps for my Garmin Nav, and now everything is screwed up. Tried to switch back to Firefox but my shortcuts still use Exp 8. Frozen twice, and won't remember any usernames or passwords. Spellcheck is inop too. Arg.
    Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You probably just need to reset the standard browser. Just reinstall firefox completely, it's the easiest fix.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Reinstalled Firefox and all is good again.
    Smile! Now!

Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

End of line.

Ginkgo

Sigh. Why do you treat your friends like they're your enemies?

A window to the soul

I would like to rant about the local Yankee weatherman that is always so sure of himself, despite being wrong so many times. Like yesterday, he brags for several minutes about how his computer generated model of a tropical storm/hurricane in the gulf shows it will hit the coast of Galveston Saturday despite NOAA's forecasting models showing something completely different. Then, today he takes it back. I would also like to mention how irritating it is when he's forecasting the weather and he repeatedly uses the statement "a little bit..." There's no need to say "a little bit of rain" or "a little bit of clouds" or "a little bit of wind". Why is almost everything A LITTLE BIT!?! Everyday! For heaven's sake, there are other options out there. Surely there are widely accepted weatherman terms that have significant meaning in the way of measure!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

100% chance of weather today.
    Smile! Now!

End of line.