User Tag List

Page 163 of 728 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 7272

Thread: The Rant Thread

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

I. Hate. Meetings.

Worse yet, I hate meetings where ex's unexpectedly show up.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

"Blah blah blah, Mae doesn't know whether she's coming or going." You know what, fuck you. I'm so sick of this shit.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

Lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The entire day my head has felt as if I've been laying faced down on the ground while both Mario and Luigi had stood on both sides of me and tried to suck my brain out with toilet plungers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

A back massage, a massage, my kingdom for a back massage!

My neck is killing me and I can hardly move. I'm afraid, if I fell on my back, I'd lie there like a beetle, wiggling my legs, unable to get up again.

(light cramps, additional lower back tension, missing several busses over the day and death threats from the IRS don't help with the relaxing either)
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

You are a rotted, wart-infested cunt. You knew damn fucking well that I was about to jump in the shower and you decided to waddle your fat ass in there anyway.

I wish whalehunting was legal. I'd love to take a spear and just gut you through all your flab. Wonder what whales sound like when they cry?

You needn't take a shower anyway. It'll take a hell of a lot more than soap to de-funk you, you revolting worm.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    A back massage, a massage, my kingdom for a back massage!

My neck is killing me and I can hardly move. I'm afraid, if I fell on my back, I'd lie there like a beetle, wiggling my legs, unable to get up again.
    Beware of your apple-throwing father, dear Gregor.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Beware of your apple-throwing father, dear Gregor.
    OMG, that reminds me of some curious interpretation of that scene we once discussed in class (Deutsch LK). I don't remember who the author of that text was, but his theory was basically that the apple stuck in the back was symbolic of Gregor Samsa's wish to be, ehem, penetrated by his own father. That again was supposed to be part of some sadomasochistic relationship between father and son.

It went something like this: Gregor feels guilty for emasculating his father (because now he is the bread earner of the family) -> Gregor turns into a bug -> Gregor wants his father to be the father figure again and dominate and punish him -> this is achieved through backdoor penetration, i.e. the apple thrown at him that gets stuck in his back until it starts to rot

No wonder literature was one of my favorite classes!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    OMG, that reminds me of some curious interpretation of that scene we once discussed in class (Deutsch LK). I don't remember who the author of that text was, but his theory was basically that the apple stuck in the back was symbolic of Gregor Samsa's wish to be, ehem, penetrated by his own father. That again was supposed to be part of some sadomasochistic relationship between father and son.

It went something like this: Gregor feels guilty for emasculating his father (because now he is the bread earner of the family) -> Gregor turns into a bug -> Gregor wants his father to be the father figure again and dominate and punish him -> this is achieved through backdoor penetration, i.e. the apple thrown at him that gets stuck in his back until it starts to rot

No wonder literature was one of my favorite classes!
    The apple cannot be his father's penis; it could be a dildo, but I doubt that Kafka would think of something so lacking in elegance.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The apple cannot be his father's penis; it could be a dildo, but I doubt that Kafka would think of something so lacking in elegance.
    That's why I said symbolic.

By the way, I am currently reading the Brief an den Vater. It strongly reminds me of the father/son relationship of a close friend of mine.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari