Thread: The Rant Thread

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

What the hell else is new... I see beauty in things that others usually don't, or probably couldn't give a damn about, or maybe only a few seem to care about. I feel out of the loop, but if I change myself, buy trendy clothes, listen to the latest music, style my hair like Lady Gaga, get a stack of friends from the popular crowd, in the end it will feel fake, and the real me will end up breaking past the facade. To all those who I went to school with that tried to change me into someone more socially acceptable, here's my retort...

You can't change me, make me be someone else that I am not. Don't try to make me over.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

*covers ears*
    shut up.
    I can't STAND the sound or tone of your voice.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Array Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

It doesn't make sense to you that an overweight girl who rarely bothers to put on make-up when she goes out managed to get an athletic boyfriend?

Let me pour you a nice steaming cup of go f**k yourself
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

A couple of weeks ago I email a colleague of mine if she would be willing to serve as a reference on my behalf since I'm searching for a full-time job. We work very well together so I thought she'd be a really good choice. But she never replied to my email.

So I wondered:

a. Did she somehow not receive the email? I don't think so because I double checked the address when I typed it in and did not get an undeliverable message error.

b. Did she see the email but just never got around to responding? Possibly, but she's the sort of person who is pretty much on top of things.

c. Did she not want to serve as a reference on my behalf but didn't want to say no for fear of hurting my feelings, so she employs the passive-aggressive technique of not responding at all. Well I hope not but its possible. The thing is, I can't see why she wouldn't want to serve as a reference. She obviously thinks I work hard and do a good job and has said so many times.

Well, I just found another person, to serve as a reference instead but I'm kind of irked that she left me hanging like that.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I know it sounds petty and stupid,

but slow computers seriously piss me off. For rizzle
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Vicious! MEEEEEOW!

my mom constantly reminds me to shut down lights in house, thats for her extremely important, as she's ISTJ... i am all the time annoyed bc i dont consider it so important since electricity bill isnt so much bigger wether your light is on 12 or 22 minutes... so i am living in this *terror* () with hearing at least 8 times per day to shut down lights... AAAND.. just few moments ago... IIII.... shut down light without being warned to. My mom was SHOCKED. she said "what happened to you, you did it yourself without being reminded"..
    eh, what happened? I've been brainwashed. That happened. I've been hearing night and day about this totally unimportant thing for my existence and goals... and they finally managed to brainwash me... and now.. while i'll remember to shut down lights, who knows how many great things i am missing because of this... because my focus goes to shutting down the light!!!
    They are controling my thoughts.

Senior Member Array ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Two things that really bug the shit out of me, for no good reason:
    1. When people quote someone and say "This." STFU or say something original.
    2. When people say "That is all." It's not clever, it's just annoying. It doesn't add anything whatsoever. "I'm a poor writer. That is all." No shit that is all. That's all you wrote. Now STFU and go find some new custom to abuse. That is all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    Two things that really bug the shit out of me, for no good reason:
    1. When people quote someone and say "This." STFU or say something original.
    2. When people say "That is all." It's not clever, it's just annoying. It doesn't add anything whatsoever. "I'm a poor writer. That is all." No shit that is all. That's all you wrote. Now STFU and go find some new custom to abuse. That is all.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Senior Member Array ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8