Page 154 of 727 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 7270

Thread: The Rant Thread

Senior Member Array FakePlasticAlice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Irresponsible dog owners..i hope you all go die in a ditch somewhere!

I said "put your dog on a leash". Not stand there and mildly call out to it while it's coming towards me and mine (who are on leashes!). Then leave me to dive into the gravel and dirt to tackle your dog away from mine while you stand there with a stupid look on your face doing fuck all! "Fuckin' help me!" Really...that's what it takes to make you do something?!

You clearly have no bond with your dog! You couldn't even tell his behavior was aggressive, it took a stranger to tell you that. I even warned you that one of my dogs isn't dog friendly so that should have immediately made you realize that this isn't a good situation to leave your dog off leash! And then leave a stranger to deal with it! WTF is wrong you!! I bashed the shit outta my knee but was too caught up with everything to realize the blood dripping down my leg as i walked away cursing your fuckin' irresponsibility. And now i've possibly damaged the bond with my dogs and am kicking myself for not handling it better. They should be able to trust that i will handle anything bad that comes our way! And, sure i handled it, but it should NOT have gotten that far!
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Self sustaining supernova Array Zoom's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8

Why hello, police officer.

Oh, the tags on this vehicle need to be renewed?

This is not my car...

...oh, you shall give me a ticket for incorrectly placed stickers, since you can't give me a failure to renew registration because I don't own the vehicle even though I didn't have a bloody fucking idea anything was out of sorts?

How lovely.

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Really close to just saying "Fuck this philosophy class". I think I hate it. I don't know if I hate it, but every single time I try to read about it I get massive anxiety and feel like I hate it.
    There should just be a chart that disembodies all of the mental masturbation of continuously name-dropping 10-15 different philosophers. Online class was such a bad idea.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Get off your damn cell phone while you're driving and pay attention.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Senior Member Array

I left my car's front windows rolled down a little, about an inch, and somehow a bird managed to SHIT IN MY CAR. FUUUUUUUUU!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This isn't so much a rant as it was just sort of an abrupt epiphany.

Today I was in the midst of a highbrow theoretical discussion with one of my classroom acquaintances, based around this idea I've had lately revolving around how the potential resurgence of 80's Glam Rock would foster the moral decay that would be the driving force towards the downfall of modern civilization as we know it, when one of our female classmates turned to me randomly and said "You know, I've been listening to your discussion and you're basically the male verison of Daria". Her friend on the other side of us then turns and with her ditsy air headed tone of voice says "*laughs* I can totallyyyyy(yes, there was actual emphasis on the Y) see that".

Her interjection with this foreign element of an astute 90's pop-culture comparisons left me unsure of how or what would be an appropriate response, thus led to me just staring into space, silently, for a solid 5 seconds that felt like an eternity. All I could this was how the transpiring of this entire event felt like I was playing the tron motor cycle game, except I was matched against four of the opposing race cars and they were all converging in on me from every cardinal direction. I eventually responded with an as equally vapid "....k". In hindsight, on one hand I thought "Well if I'm going to be compared to an animated character it might as well be that one", yet in a far-off distant sector of my brain there was a small man in the alone in the Sahara desert screaming "Fuck!" at the top of his lungs, only to be met in response with the sounds of his echoing frustration.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Really close to just saying "Fuck this philosophy class". I think I hate it. I don't know if I hate it, but every single time I try to read about it I get massive anxiety and feel like I hate it.
    There should just be a chart that disembodies all of the mental masturbation of continuously name-dropping 10-15 different philosophers. Online class was such a bad idea.
    In such cases, I always recommend reading Boethius' "The Consolation of Philosophy". Cicero and Seneca have also some very intersting views on why philosophy is actually the best thing since sliced bread.
    Nietzsche would probably say "fuck this" and smash his computer.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    This isn't so much a rant as it was just sort of an abrupt epiphany.

Today I was in the midst of a highbrow theoretical discussion with one of my classroom acquaintances, based around this idea I've had lately revolving around how the potential resurgence of 80's Glam Rock would foster the moral decay that would be the driving force towards the downfall of modern civilization as we know it, when one of our female classmates turned to me randomly and said "You know, I've been listening to your discussion and you're basically the male verison of Daria". Her friend on the other side of us then turns and with her ditsy air headed tone of voice says "*laughs* I can totallyyyyy(yes, there was actual emphasis on the Y) see that".

Her interjection with this foreign element of an astute 90's pop-culture comparisons left me unsure of how or what would be an appropriate response, thus led to me just staring into space, silently, for a solid 5 seconds that felt like an eternity. All I could this was how the transpiring of this entire event felt like I was playing the tron motor cycle game, except I was matched against four of the opposing race cars and they were all converging in on me from every cardinal direction. I eventually responded with an as equally vapid "....k". In hindsight, on one hand I thought "Well if I'm going to be compared to an animated character it might as well be that one", yet in a far-off distant sector of my brain there was a small man in the alone in the Sahara desert screaming "Fuck!" at the top of his lungs, only to be met in response with the sounds of his echoing frustration.
    I think it is a nice comparison and would have responded with by thanking her. A few weeks ago my sister walked in on me watching 'The Big Bang Theory' and asked whether I was watching my 'twin', by which she meant Sheldon. I gave her the 'oh please' look.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

her: (*unfriendly voice*) Exploiters Ltd, Accountancy Department, how can I help you?
    me: (*demonstratively friendly*) Hi! I am one of your suppliers and was recommended to talk to you by your Stuttgart office. It is about my bills. They have accumulated and now add up to over 10.000 euros including taxes. I know you are very busy, but the IRS is on my heels and you haven't payed me since april.
    her: (*bored*): So you want to get payed?
    me: (*demonstratively friendly*) Yes, please.
    her: (*bored*) What did you say your name was?
    me: (*demonstratively friendly*) Red Herring, H-E-R-R-I-N-G
    her: (*unfriendly voice*) Ehm, what's your supplier code? That's faster than searching by name
    me: *looks for code she never needed before and tells the charming assistent accountant the code*
    her: (*bored*) Hmm, okay. I do not handle this myself. But I will see if one of my collegues can do something about it. What was your name again? SARDINE?
    me: HERRING. Mr Smith might still remember me.
    her: (*bored*) Yeah, okay, we'll see what we can do.
    me: Err, thanks. *silently curses the equally slow working and understaffed personnel of Exploiters Ltd's accountancy department*

Ahrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

haha!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery