User Tag List

Page 146 of 729 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 7283

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Hey you, yes you, the American tourist who just talked up the bus driver in English without asking if he even speaks the language.

I know you don't mean any harm but it is friggin annoying. Especially when you do it without even saying "hello" or "excuse me, let alone "could I ask you a question?" or "sorry to bother you, but are you from around here?" or using some other formula. Walking right up to people without even greeting them or smiling at them and directly asking them (in English!) "where is the castle?" is inpolite to say the least.

Yes, most people will speak at least some English and be able to answer your question and directly asking instead of saying hello or excuse me, etc. or please and thank you might safe you a second or two...but do you know what impression it leaves behind, how it makes you look?

It makes you look like a colonial overlord in some old Tarzan movie with Johnny Weissmuller talking to the native carriers!!!

That reminds me of this one American girl that approached me one night on the middle of the street, from behind, tipped me on my shoulder and said " 'Scuse me, ATM?" Just like that. How many Germans do you think even know what "ATM" stands for? Anyway, I told her the way to the next ATM machine and she left without saying Thank you.
    I should have done what a Spanish friend of mine did when an (also American) tourist approached him on the Plaza de Catalunya in Barcelona and barked at him: "Catalunya Square?"....he kindly smiled at him and pointed at some place somewhere in the distance.

Disclaimer: I know a lot of very kind and polite Americans who live here and get along just fine. Don't mistake this for an anti-American rant. It isn't. It is an anti-impolite-tourists-with-a-colonialist-attitude-thinking-they-own-the-friggin-place rant!
    I hear the best part is when people think speaking slooow and LOUD makes foreigners understand English... XD

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I hear the best part is when people think speaking slooow and LOUD makes foreigners understand English... XD
    [youtube="-twUCEfzrDk"]DO YOU UNDERSTAND..THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUTTA MY MOUTH!?[/youtube]

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Disparity between words and actions... :steam:
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I really hate bad smells.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Dear Facebook,

I don't care about who got friends with who. I really don't give a fuck. So give me the opportunity to automatically send all the "X got friends with Y" notifications to the trash can. Do it or I'll kill you.

Yours truly,

The Queen of Queendoms, the Duchess of Oddity, the Patron Saint of Stupidity, Kat.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESFJ

You are having a fucking jaffa cake.

If my flight is cancelled due to some silly volcano erupting AGAIN in Iceland .. You'll have me to deal with.

*runs off to check travel insurance*

Shit.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

This Rapture sucked. Not a single person I dislike floated away. I didn't even get to see anyone vanish. Oh well. Maybe next time.
    Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i am soooo sick of hearing my roommate bitch about her boy problems. why is she surprised when random guys who pick her up off the street aren't kind respectable gentlemen? and she tried to do a friends with benefits thing with our neighbor, he made it very clear that they weren't going to be a couple but she is constantly nagging him and getting upset if he doesn't return her texts right away and i always have to listen to her complain.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Is she an ExFP by any chance?
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

wow i want to growl and punch a bitch in the mouth....I should be a pimp.
    by @magpie