User Tag List

Page 140 of 729 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 7283

Thread: The Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Why the hell must self-actualisation include a distancing to the physical world? If you consider how religions like Catholicism have demonised sexuality, Muslims have demonised sexuality for women, Buddhist monks must not consider their corporal bodies, the stupid list goes on and on. Why is it "wrong" to be human? Why can't people be human and still self-actualise, intellectually and spiritually? Why must there be a focus on extremism?
    Why even believe the words of another man? Words are all they are. Religion is mainly a tool for control. It can be a positive thing for some though so I'm not totally bashing it . At my weakest moment just recently I thought about going to church, to hear some good and positive "stories". But trust, I couldnt ever fully believe, I still think being agnostic is where it's at .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

I wrote a thank you email and left a phone message, why can't people have the decency to respond back!!!? Rude...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I wrote a thank you email and left a phone message, why can't people have the decency to respond back!!!? Rude...
    Crap.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Why even believe the words of another man? Words are all they are. Religion is mainly a tool for control. It can be a positive thing for some though so I'm not totally bashing it . At my weakest moment just recently I thought about going to church, to hear some good and positive "stories". But trust, I couldnt ever fully believe, I still think being agnostic is where it's at .
    I can honestly respect the community aspect of religion where people with like beliefs or interests clump so they feel supported and a part of something. Whatever works for you, more power to you.

But when it attempts to permeate the core of what's human invading every aspect of self-actualisation, where it's in your face with everything you read, it's annoying as fuck. The bottom line message about religion is that being human isn't "good", that you must rise above your humanity as defined by your corporal body and all the instincts that are attached to it, to become "good". Total bunk as it not only relates to the dichotomy of subjective "good" and "bad" but as a human being, it's a self-defeating concept.

figsfiggyfigs

HOLY SHIT. I HATE ENNEAGRAM TALK ON VENT! GOD DAMN IT.

MBTI
    FREE

lulz

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    HOLY SHIT. I HATE ENNEAGRAM TALK ON VENT! GOD DAMN IT.
    hehehe enneagram schnenagram!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I can honestly respect the community aspect of religion where people with like beliefs or interests clump so they feel supported and a part of something. Whatever works for you, more power to you.

But when it attempts to permeate the core of what's human invading every aspect of self-actualisation, where it's in your face with everything you read, it's annoying as fuck. The bottom line message about religion is that being human isn't "good", that you must rise above your humanity as defined by your corporal body and all the instincts that are attached to it, to become "good". Total bunk as it not only relates to the dichotomy of subjective "good" and "bad" but as a human being, it's a self-defeating concept.
    Word up ! Chop suey fooey! Meaow! j/k Im in a playful mood, dont mind my weirdness <3. Im gonna go out and run some laps...Ive got way to much energy right now.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Word up ! Chop suey fooey! Meaow! j/k Im in a playful mood, dont mind my weirdness <3. Im gonna go out and run some laps...Ive got way to much energy right now.
    Ha ha! Know that hyperactive feeling and it's fun!

Religion = Tiger Mom.

Glycerine

Darn you, 40+ ESFJ woman. You have the biggest stick up your ass that I have ever seen. Can I please pull it out for you? You wanted to do honors this or honors that but when I asked you about it, you blew up in my face. I don't need your advice on academics since my GPA is much higher than yours. Take your condescending ass somewhere else please. If I have to hear one more time about being "socially inappropriate", I am gong to go psycho bitch on you and you will have deserved it. If I really wanted to, I could embarrass you publicly by pointing out your glaring social faux pas so go screw yourself.