User Tag List

Page 137 of 728 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 7274

Thread: The Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    HOW AM I LOSING AT THIS MOTHERFUCKING GAME?!

on the other hand the little dragon guy is SO CUTE!!
    [YOUTUBE="uBVkk5rW0lw"]Heroin Hero[/YOUTUBE]

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INxP

I go to a high school about 35 kilometres from where I live. The only bus route that goes there is slow and inefficient, and it takes about an hour for it to get to my school, and then I have to wait half an hour for the lessons to start. Driving is not an alternative because a) I can't get a driver's permit before I'm 18, and b) gas prices are very high. As a typical evening person I don't particularly enjoy having to wake up at 6 am. That's why I want to rent a small apartment/room near the school so I can get some more sleep and get to do more of the things I enjoy doing. There are some support schemes that I'm eligible for, that will cover at least parts of my expenses, and in addition I'm planning to take a few odd jobs this summer. If that's not enough, my parents are willing to throw in a dime or two. I'm looking forward to getting a place of my own!
    Since I'm a quite messy person, it will be interesting to see if I manage to keep the place tidy and my diet healthy, though.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

To all my pedestrian friends:

I realize that pedestrians have the "right of way" when crossing the road or walking down the street. I know the law says I have to stop for you in a crosswalk. But if you just step out in front of my 5000 pound truck without looking the laws of physics trump your crosswalk law. Do not yell at me and flip me off when I screech to a halt 5 feet from you. That is all.
    Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    To all my pedestrian friends:

I realize that pedestrians have the "right of way" when crossing the road or walking down the street. I know the law says I have to stop for you in a crosswalk. But if you just step out in front of my 5000 pound truck without looking the laws of physics trump your crosswalk law. Do not yell at me and flip me off when I screech to a halt 5 feet from you. That is all.
    Lmao. We have problems with that on our campus. Everywhere on ANY road, pedestrians have right of way. So you'll inevitably have people who walk out onto the street between two parked cars where you can't see them, without looking. People are just so careless.

We also, every year without fail, have some freshman who is leaving campus and forgets that the 4-lane street in front of the campus is NOT a campus street, and therefore you must use the crosswalks and wait for the lights. There is ALWAYS a freshman that gets hit by a car because they just walk out onto that street.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Lmao. We have problems with that on our campus. Everywhere on ANY road, pedestrians have right of way. So you'll inevitably have people who walk out onto the street between two parked cars where you can't see them, without looking. People are just so careless.

We also, every year without fail, have some freshman who is leaving campus and forgets that the 4-lane street in front of the campus is NOT a campus street, and therefore you must use the crosswalks and wait for the lights. There is ALWAYS a freshman that gets hit by a car because they just walk out onto that street.
    I live near 2 colleges,and it does seem as though the students forget they are crossing streets and not the hall.
    Smile! Now!

Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

End of line.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Why the hell must self-actualisation include a distancing to the physical world? If you consider how religions like Catholicism have demonised sexuality, Muslims have demonised sexuality for women, Buddhist monks must not consider their corporal bodies, the stupid list goes on and on. Why is it "wrong" to be human? Why can't people be human and still self-actualise, intellectually and spiritually? Why must there be a focus on extremism?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

It's because many religions separate the body from the soul. They regard the soul as perfect, the body as imperfect, or clean and unclean.
    This doesn't apply to those who use religion as a way to gain power over others. That has nothing to do with anything spiritual.
    Smile! Now!

End of line.

Charting a course Array
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Why the hell must self-actualisation include a distancing to the physical world? If you consider how religions like Catholicism have demonised sexuality, Muslims have demonised sexuality for women, Buddhist monks must not consider their corporal bodies, the stupid list goes on and on. Why is it "wrong" to be human? Why can't people be human and still self-actualise, intellectually and spiritually? Why must there be a focus on extremism?
    Short answer. It isn't. And they can.

Most are just too damn lazy. And want spirituality/religion spoon-fed to them, so they can feel smug and self-righteous.

And it won't be approved of by your friendly, neighborhood, religion of the moment.

figsfiggyfigs

I am quite possibly, the unluckiest person on earth.

I tired paying for my train ticket today @ around 1500 o'clock, and the machine at the booth kept saying "transaction failed". I thought my card was malfunctioning again--but I replaced the last one that did that. So I went to the bank to check what was going on. Card turns out to be working fine, so I with drew a hundred for the ticket, and noticed a hundred went missing since I last checked my account. I ask the clerk, she made some calls, and tells me that it was withdrawn @ 1506, I was at the train station then. So not only did they take 100 and then tell me my card was not working, but when I came back to talk to them, they said there was nothing they can do, ontop of that, tickets were sold out by then. WTF. DSAFN:LKAJNSKIJDBKCLABHDJKLFYVOIBUWEHBKJFHLKJHVAB SO ANGRY AKSJF:LKADSJF:BCKUJHVDSKJHBVLCJKAHSFXCZDF

OH OH OH

ALSO, I'M RE-BOOKING MY TICKET BECAUSE I MISSED THE LAST TRAIN. FUCK LOL

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Fuck me and my incessant need to sleep.