User Tag List

Page 104 of 728 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 7277

Thread: The Rant Thread

  1. #1031
    Giggity Array Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    if i spend another night mindlessly doing shit, i'm going to scream


    why have i not gotten a letter yet, dammit!

  2. #1032
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    umm, are you kidding me?
    1) when you're straight, you have millions of other straight people to talk to about any relationship problems you encounter
    2) you don't have to hide that you love women
    3) seriously, if you express your true feelings to a woman and she rejects you, who cares? the only result is that people respect you more for being honest and brave
    4) you can actually have a family
    5) your pool of potential mates is about 20X larger
    6) you don't have to keep secrets from your family about your love life

    this is the least empathetic comment I've ever seen in my life. I know you're an INTP, but come on, this is just pathetic.
    1) We straight people are not part of some cabal of advisors about this stuff. I wouldn't talk to most of my friends about relationship problems, let alone some random other straight person. Just because we're straight doesn't mean we have licence to talk to any other straight person about our issues. Just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't bring your issues up with a straight friend too, you know.
    2) You don't have to hide that you love men, in a general sense. And I have to hide that I love particular women.
    3) The last time I expressed my true feelings for a woman (who, keep in mind, I was decent friends with) she cut off all contact with me. No one respected my 'honesty' and 'bravery' (ESPECIALLY her...); I got thrown under the proverbial bus for having expressed my true feelings. Do you think straight men can't be embarrassed after having spilled their guts to someone and not gotten a response in return? I've been made fun of because I've shared my true feelings for someone. I've been threatened because I've shared my true feelings for someone. Just because I'm straight doesn't me I can't be made to feel a fucking idiot for sharing my feelings.
    4) So can you. Adopt. Get a surrogate. Lots of hetero people have to too. Just because hetero couples have the equipment doesn't mean the equipment is in working order.
    5) True, I'll give you that.
    6) Ohhhh yes I do. As much as you do.

    How am I not being empathetic? If anything I'm empathizing very well, because I'm telling you us straight people have the same sorts of issues. I've thought every one of these thoughts before:

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I hate being attracted to straight guys women who have no interest in me and not being able to do anything about it. I hate having to hide my feelings in the dark cave of my heart. I hate wanting that I can't make someone love me. I hate that I can't just have a normal relationship. I hate that no one I'm attracted to is gay too attracted to me. I hate that I'm constantly distracted by my feelings and unable to focus on business or schoolwork. I hate that I can't just wish away my feelings. I hate that people will never understand what I'm feeling, and worse, I hate that I can't give them the chance too. I hate having to put up this front and pretend like I'm really powerful and mature all day when inside I'm a vulnerable, wounded child. I hate that wonderful women love me but I can't don't love them back.
    Maybe you want me to pat you on the back and tell you you're special or some such bullshit but I won't, because you're not. Either you can take solace in the fact most of us have probably felt the same way you do, or you can lash out and whine about how I'll never get it because I'm not gay.

  3. #1033
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    1) We straight people are not part of some cabal of advisors about this stuff. I wouldn't talk to most of my friends about relationship problems, let alone some random other straight person. Just because we're straight doesn't mean we have licence to talk to any other straight person about our issues. Just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't bring your issues up with a straight friend too, you know.
    2) You don't have to hide that you love men, in a general sense. And I have to hide that I love particular women.
    3) The last time I expressed my true feelings for a woman (who, keep in mind, I was decent friends with) she cut off all contact with me. No one respected my 'honesty' and 'bravery' (ESPECIALLY her...); I got thrown under the proverbial bus for having expressed my true feelings. Do you think straight men can't be embarrassed after having spilled their guts to someone and not gotten a response in return? I've been made fun of because I've shared my true feelings for someone. I've been threatened because I've shared my true feelings for someone. Just because I'm straight doesn't me I can't be made to feel a fucking idiot for sharing my feelings.
    4) So can you. Adopt. Get a surrogate. Lots of hetero people have to too. Just because hetero couples have the equipment doesn't mean the equipment is in working order.
    5) True, I'll give you that.
    6) Ohhhh yes I do. As much as you do.

    How am I not being empathetic? If anything I'm empathizing very well, because I'm telling you us straight people have the same sorts of issues. I've thought every one of these thoughts before:



    Maybe you want me to pat you on the back and tell you you're special or some such bullshit but I won't, because you're not. Either you can take solace in the fact most of us have probably felt the same way you do, or you can lash out and whine about how I'll never get it because I'm not gay.
    it's not like I go around life whining about this constantly (or really at all). I don't feel one bit sorry for myself, but that doesn't change the fact that being gay is VERY hard to deal with. it's called the rant thread for a reason. and your failure to except that being gay is MUCH harder than being straight is extremely ignorant and childish (one need only look at the extremely high suicide rates of gay men to know this). empathy is attempting to understand, not saying that you're in just as bad of a position and pretending like there is nothing to understand.

    bold: did you think I was talking about being embarrassed? if you're embarrassed that a girl rejected you, that's your own weakness. I'm talking about safety here. I live in Kansas and I could get mugged for doing something like that and end up in a hospital. unless you are a fugative, have a loved one who is or are prevented via legal reasons or serious discrimation for showing your affection to a loved one openly don't even pretend like you could understand this.
    underlined: unless you have feelings for someone below the age of consent or are in love with a married woman, you really don't.
    second bold: not here I can't, it's illegal. even if I could, I would want my child to also have a mother
    second underlined: I don't want you to pat me on the back at all. if anything I want to punch people when they do that. but the second part holds true. you are either extremely arrogant or dillusional if you think that you can understand being gay without being gay yourself.

  4. #1034
    Warflower Array Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Dude.

    I'm bi.

    I still have shitty luck with relationships.

    It happens.

    Move on.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  5. #1035
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Dude.

    I'm bi.

    I still have shitty luck with relationships.

    It happens.

    Move on.
    you've failed to understand what I was really angry about

  6. #1036
    Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    712

    Default

    But you say that to everyone, don't you?
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

  7. #1037
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    But you say that to everyone, don't you?
    that I'm gay: no
    that I'm being misunderstood or accused of something: yes, and most of the time it's true

  8. #1038
    null Array Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you've failed to understand what I was really angry about
    Being heterosexual or bisexual is not the same as being gay, even if they have trouble finding relationships too. I would ignore the two above who are attempting to belittle your feelings.

    You should consider moving out to California. Gay men have much more luck here. Kansas....

  9. #1039
    Warflower Array Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    belittling? fuck you to hell.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  10. #1040
    null Array Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    belittling? fuck you to hell.
    That is a long way to be fucking for... I'm not sure if I have the stamina.



    Belittle: Make (someone or something) seem unimportant: "this is not to belittle his role".

    I'm pretty sure your words fit this quite nicely.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
  3. The thread critic thread/The bumpin' threads thread
    By UniqueMixture in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
  4. The Introvert Rant Thread
    By Lightyear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. Childfree: The Rational Spawn of a Rant Thread
    By Totenkindly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO