User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oooh- lovely! that would be a great place to have people over for Christmas at!

and indeed- Clarence DID order mulled wine!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    any wine questions ever can be answered in my blog since I have to know all of that for a living!
    Good! I don't know almost ALL there is to know about wine.

And wouldja like to talk about beer at all? I know beer somewhat better.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I know beer- I can't drink it anymore, but I used to love to drink it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Sorry. Beer isn't cozy. Off-topic! ;-)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

sorry!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Sorry. Beer isn't cozy. Off-topic! ;-)
    Somebody's never had a mocha stout.

Oberon

...or a mocha cherry stout.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oberon, that was the longest way of saying "yeah, it's well nice" I've ever seen.

Isn't it a kind of port that we usually use in Communion wine over here? Why am I asking you this? lol

ugh, stout... Get a nice English ale, that's what you want

And beer TOTALLY is cozy!! NOTHING is cozier than an English countryside pub that's packed to the gills on quiz night, full of white haired professors and cloth capped farmers with their greyhounds and spaniels and labradors under the tables, and everyone supping at their beer and munching their steak and ale pies while answering silly questions and laughing together as a close knit community against the crackle of a roaring fire!

whatever - you remind me of my own dog walking on the ice of a frozen canal once, and also of how, when you take him to the beach and let him off his leash, he does this mad dash of ecstacy along the sand at top speed. It always makes me smile and laugh to see that
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

there's seriously nothing better than watching a dog with snow and ice! (sand is definitley a close second though since they can never get a good grip with their feet and tend to fall when turning quickly!)

we used to have a great picture of our family's old Airedale looking like a teddy bear with snow piled on his nose! he got hit by a Hummer though- which definitley explains part of why I hate them!

and INTJ mom's house there looks like the house that my cousin and his wife saved up for ages to buy!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oberon, that was the longest way of saying "yeah, it's well nice" I've ever seen.

Isn't it a kind of port that we usually use in Communion wine over here? Why am I asking you this? lol

ugh, stout... Get a nice English ale, that's what you want
    I will gladly agree with you that the English ale process is where it's at... I have come to love top-fermented, heavily-hopped bitter above all other beers, and long for the day when I can come to the UK and drink it as God intended, in the pub with all the farmers and professors. My love of good beer, however, also includes IPAs, porters, and stouts, all of which are also top-fermented and not lagered.

Truly interesting things happen when you get into Russian Imperial Stout territory, and the alcohol bite and flavors of chocolate, caramel, and coffee join with herbal hoppiness and God's own malt body to yield a beer that will seize you by the palate and not let go.