User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Now I want to borrow my great-grandfather's double track and head out to the island. I love it out there...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    HA! That one's cute!

The first one really does look cozy- but I can't help but think "fire hazard!"
    You're funny. Are there just too many open flames? You're right though, they should have put a screen in front of the fireplace.

I was hoping other people would feel free to add any similar cozy graphics if you come across any.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You're funny. Are there just too many open flames? You're right though, they should have put a screen in front of the fireplace.
    Oh, I didn't even notice the screen issue. I was seeing all of the unattended candles near clumps of vegetation.

Man, I'm a wuss!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

Awww.

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh, I didn't even notice the screen issue. I was seeing all of the unattended candles near clumps of vegetation.

Man, I'm a wuss!
    I'm sure you come by your concern honestly.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That scene requires a couple of glasses and a bottle of port... a good basic blended port like Sandeman's, or Warre's.
    You have me curious. Should I try some port on New Year's Eve? Is it like wine?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm sure you come by your concern honestly.
    I burnt the back of my hand and set my knee-length hair on fire when I was 15, while putting a log in the woodstove. I didn't lose much of it but it was pretty scary. Anyway, I still love fire, it just makes me nervous when it's out in the open.

Cute li'l snow doggie!

I enjoy port in the winter sometimes... my palate is pretty unsophisticated though so I don't have a recommendation for a specific vineyard or whatnot. What are those ones you mentioned like, Oberon?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

I burnt the back of my hand and set my knee-length hair on fire when I was 15, while putting a log in the woodstove. I didn't lose much of it but it was pretty scary. Anyway, I still love fire, it just makes me nervous when it's out in the open.

That would have done it for me!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

OMG!!! I missed the puppy!!!

I LOVE watching dogs in the snow! mine frolicks around in it like its the greatest thing on earth and it makes me laugh every time!

now if only it would stop raining and start snowing here!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Oberon

You have me curious. Should I try some port on New Year's Eve? Is it like wine?
    Port is technically a fortified wine, which makes it sound unfortunately like Thunderbird. Regardless, port is more or less the sweet version of what Sherry is dry; it's a big red wine with a lot of added sugar, and fortified with an admixture of brandy. Typically it will be 18 or 20 percent alcohol.

Originally this preparation was created in order to make a wine that would survive in a cask for months while on a ship at sea, without the flavor any the worse for wear. The sugar covered up subtle nuances of flavor affected by shipping, and the alcohol killed any microbe that dared poke a pseudopod into the mixture. It was discovered, however, that like any good red wine port improves with age, developing complexity and depth.

Port comes in two varieties, blended and vintage. Vintage port is a matter of inquiry at wine shops, and is always made from a single wine stock. It is aged in the bottle, where it develops a characteristic "crust," and a full procedure has developed around the process of properly decanting a vintage port.

Blended ports, however, are more available to the mass market, and more user-friendly for the beginner. Though wine products labeled "port" are available starting at $5 per bottle, you would do best to buy your first bottle at ten to twenty dollars.

Look for brands like Sandeman's and Warre's. Warre's Warrior oporto is a very good place to start. Interestingly, the better blended ports generally are products of Portugal, but bear the names of English companies; this is historic, as the drink originated in the city of Oporto (hence the name), but was bottled and shipped by English companies during the height of the British Empire.