User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Results 191 to 200 of 235

  1. #191
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    They'll rip anything off if thy think it'll bring in sales. Damn antique crowd!! :steam:
    If the car is as cool as the motorcycle, I'm all for it.

  2. #192
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    If the car is as cool as the motorcycle, I'm all for it.
    No idea but it looks a hoot to drive
    Put it like this, even if the rest of you cool cats are riding with no helmets on I wouldn't be. I could use not having a face like silly putty after ten miles.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  3. #193
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    No idea but it looks a hoot to drive
    Put it like this, even if the rest of you cool cats are riding with no helmets on I wouldn't be. I could use not having a face like silly putty after ten miles.
    You're just a bloody dandy. Go put on some face cream in the night and it'll work those wrinkles and sunspots out fine.

  4. #194
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    You're just a bloody dandy. Go put on some face cream in the night and it'll work those wrinkles and sunspots out fine.
    You never do look at my fun wall do you. Typical.

    Try the one with Clarkson on the front. That should educate you a little.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #195
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Pour on enough retro, and even a moped can be cool:


  6. #196
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default



    What the heck - is that an old BSA? I don't recognise the yellow tank badge.

  7. #197
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Pour on enough retro, and even a moped can be cool:

    Hang on a mo. What's the definition of moped? I always thought it was Lambretta's and such. That looks like a literal design of a motorised cycle.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  8. #198
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Hang on a mo. What's the definition of moped? I always thought it was Lambretta's and such. That looks like a literal design of a motorised cycle.
    That's exactly how it started out... the first one was a little two-stroke motor hung in the frame of a single-speed bicycle. Later they started building them from the factory as you see above. Though this one is a 1947 model, you can buy them brand new today; they're currently in production. The brand name is "Whizzer."

    The moped originally got its name because it had a motor, but you could pedal it. Hence the Whizzer meets the criteria.

  9. #199
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That's exactly how it started out... the first one was a little two-stroke motor hung in the frame of a single-speed bicycle. Later they started building them from the factory as you see above. Though this one is a 1947 model, you can buy them brand new today; they're currently in production. The brand name is "Whizzer."

    The moped originally got its name because it had a motor, but you could pedal it. Hence the Whizzer meets the criteria.
    Really? It's been a bit twisted over here then cause a moped is one with a seat and a motorcycle has a saddle. In fact one of the guys down our street had a pedal motorcycle... always remember calling it a motorcycle too can't recall the technical name given at the time.

    I shall simply bow to your greater knowledge about bikes
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  10. #200
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I shall simply bow to your greater knowledge about bikes
    I don't think my knowledge is greater at all, necessarily. I just know a few things about the nomenclature of bikes in the US. I really have no idea how provincial my understanding is, either.

    By the way, here's a new production Whizzer:


Similar Threads

  1. McCain a maverick? Not if the Mavericks have anything to say about it!
    By IlyaK1986 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM
  2. And another INFP joins the board
    By Alamediansong in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 03:08 PM
  3. have you thought about joining the Peace Corps?
    By file cabinet in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 01:03 PM
  4. Thinking of joining the army
    By Sona in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 03:10 AM
  5. Join the STCHANTPAP
    By Ivy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 02:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO