User Tag List

First 12

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

The camera angle makes it look less impressive. But you can tell that the tiger jumped over an elephant's head attacking the rider. Imagine seeing that from the ground !

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

The gunshot heard when wasn't from a tranq gun, although it may have been a warning shot. Dunno.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    @burymecloser neither party was hunting the tigers they had guns loaded with tranquilizer darts....anyway i like how the guy throws the stick at the tiger like thats going to do anything. lol
    The one guy was pretty badly injured, and if there are guns involved, it's hunting. No likey.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

Ginkgo

... I thought the elephant would be carried by the helicopter like in that one movie with Danny Glover. Then the tiger would climb the rope and board the helicopter, or bite the fuel tank or something. Or maybe the tiger was actually the name of some badass helicopter prototype.

This was a huge disappointment.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    The one guy was pretty badly injured, and if there are guns involved, it's hunting. No likey.
    So if they are only tranquilizing the animal to conduct research that may potentially help save the species, and release the animal later you still consider it hunting and dont approve?

Also fluffywolf, many tranquilizer guns propell their darts by using blank rounds, so they sound the same as a conventional rifle.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

So if they are only tranquilizing the animal to conduct research that may potentially help save the species, and release the animal later you still consider it hunting and dont approve?
    Should open another topic if you wish to discuss those kind of semantics.

I'm already seeing it going to an endless debate of "Humans are the cause of their population distress in the first place, it's our responsibility, etc, etc." "Should leave their territories alone, blahdiblah. :P"

It's a little broader than a clip that lasts a few seconds in which the intentions are not clear. :P

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

So, notice how the tiger went straight for the guy? Pretty smooth. Tigers don't usually attack elephants, because they have little chance of succeeding and the elephants mostly mind their own business. This tiger knew that an elephant with a human riding is entirely different, and it knew to attack the human.

And I figure the guy attacked with his driving stick because the whole thing was so fast that he'd hardly have a chance of drawing his gun and firing even if he had one.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Also fluffywolf, many tranquilizer guns propell their darts by using blank rounds, so they sound the same as a conventional rifle.
    Really?

I've only known tranq guns that work on air propulsion. And I've always figured that was because.

a) darts travel slower than bullets.
    b) a loud bang scares animals away

Therefor,

c) an airgun tranquilizer dart has a good chance of hitting the target in the right spot, without them getting spooked prior to impact.

Anyways, maybe you're right, I'm no gun expert at all. I've used tranq rifles before though, they've always been air-based though.