User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, at this rate, you and I could be the least and most 'popular' members on the board, with that honour being entirely meaningless

Oooh, which, in itself, could be pretty profound...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yes, at this rate, you and I could be the least and most 'popular' members on the board, with that honour being entirely meaningless

Oooh, which, in itself, could be pretty profound...
    Definitely Anyway, there are probably friends who have been awarding themselves points like this for a yes or a no, to increase their reputation mutually. Besides, you clearly deserve reputation points for being one of the best posters here on this board.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Definitely Anyway, there are probably regular friends who have been awarding themselves points like this for a yes or a no, to increase their reputation mutually. Besides, you clearly deserve reputation points for being one of my favorite posters here on this board.
    True about the back rubbing thing... and flattery will get you everywhere!!!

I mean, I'm not made of stone. Honest.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ENTJ

True about the back rubbing thing... and flattery will get you everywhere!!!

I mean, I'm not made of stone. Honest.
    Me neither. More like stainless steel.

Flattery can be detrimental, sincere compliments are better - as long as the person recognizes the qualities

MBTI
    ENTP

Flattery is fine as long as the person being flattered recognizes it for what it is and values it accordingly.

Hmmm I feel all Q again.... change of avatar!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Flattery is fine as long as the person being flattered recognizes it for what it is and values it accordingly.

Hmmm I feel all Q again.... change of avatar!
    True.

Me too, changed that calm background for something a little bit more entertaining.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Yo hotshot,

A point of information for your business:

Positive to negative point giving strength is apparently unequal, about 5:1.

This means for your business, you're making someone else work 5 times as hard to get just 1 of your measly points.

However, since this is a great way to gain positive reps without offending anyone, except a nut seeking to be negative repped, folks'll flock to your toes to kiss 'em.

IOW, if the list is sorted the other way around, you'd end up most popular, and implicitly, most devious.

sweatshop business run by an ethically ambivalent owner, providing something the masses dislike but crave for. . how . . brilliantly devious.

+1.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    This means for your business, you're making someone else work 5 times as hard to get just 1 of your measly points.
    In theory. That's not the way it works in practice. Regular users deal -1/+1, not -.2/+1. For power users, the deal is that I exchange every negative for a positive. I actually have to be the one working harder to give them back as many positive points than the negative they award me, since I have less power to give positive points.

However, since this is a great way to gain positive reps without offending anyone, except a nut seeking to be negative repped, folks'll flock to your toes to kiss 'em.
    "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. "

IOW, if the list is sorted the other way around, you'd end up most popular, and implicitly, most devious.

sweatshop business run by an ethically ambivalent owner, providing something the masses dislike but crave for. . how . . brilliantly devious.
    Well, well... I wouldn't really call it that way... it's a question of semantics, isn't it? I'd rather call it personal sacrifice for the greater good. Here I am, offering my generosity in exchange for a lowering of my own status. It seems to me a very altruistic thing to do.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

In theory. That's not the way it works in practice. Regular users deal -1/+1, not -.2/+1. For power users, the deal is that I exchange every negative for a positive. I actually have to be the one working harder to give them back as many positive points than the negative they award me, since I have less power to give positive points.
    Ah.. I was under the impression from some other thread where an admin posted that for e.g. it is -0.2/+1. Confusion. Divide and conquer.

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. " .
    Nietzsche as a supporter, no less. *bows* Would that not make you the ruler?

Well, well... I wouldn't really call it that way... it's a question of semantics, isn't it? I'd rather call it personal sacrifice for the greater good. Here I am, offering my generosity in exchange for a lowering of my own status. It seems to me a very altruistic thing to do.
    Definitely, the same way mafia bosses are big supporters of charity.

Me like. Nothing like subversion with a sense of humour. +1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You want a good rep? Not me.

I'll trade with you.

For every negative point given to me, I'll award you a positive one. Make a bad/nice post here and I'll reply as an arse.

Alternatively, we could also just argue in this thread and award each other negative points.

Let's go!
    I knew someone of your type might do something like this.

(Now give me those points!!!)