User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    What is you temp up there? This morning we had -16F....
    Wow! I've experienced that a few times and that's friggen cold. Since I live by the coast and the golf stream goes by the coast it normally swings between 20 and 40 F, but sometimes goes down to 0F. I have to say though that even 10F in coastal humidity and winds is almost worse than -16F if it's still and dry.

That said: I hate any temperature that makes water freeze, and prefer to stay indoors as much as I can.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Sigh... this is the fourth time someone's posted this.

What exactly is so interesting about this test? It was okay the first two times, but now it's getting a little old. (No offense, aelan. You weren't here, so you couldn't have known.)
    None taken from you, Athenian. My apologies to the rest for something old though - I did briefly think of going back to check all the posts to see if this was done before, but gave up. This was a quick and dirty way (ENTP cutting corners till halted by INFJ hehe) to see whom was R or L brained and figure out their communication and thought styles.

I found the R-L brain discussion interesting because of the applications.

Right or left brain means we process information differently, and affects the communication pattern, as well as can help us define the best learning style and environment. I'm not certain the correlation to the MBTI, as for e.g. I'm tested as ENTP, but strongly right brained - does this mean my Ti is not well developed. etc.

Given the spate of angst (whatever! hahaha) over schoolwork, careers etc that seemed to come up recently, I thought it'd be interesting to look deeper into it: If we're clearer what our styles are, it may help us realise the best environment for ourselves.

Where I was actually coming from is best summarised here:

Learning Styles

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I scored "no brain".
    *lol*. It just means you weren't looking. Try the other one above. Would appeal to your detail-lovin' self vs pictorial.

Sam: It just means you're a highly distracted ENTP. Right brained, weaker Ti?

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Okay I found a willing victim....and she saw the image a very first going counter-clockwise, then swithching to clockwise where it stayed for about a minute and then changed back to counter-clockwise... this is similar to the way I first experienced it but I saw fairly rapid repeated transitions.

The whole time she was watching it I watched along....to my eyes the figure simply rotated clockwise the entire time. Hmmm. Then she grew bored of watching but I hung in there another minute or so until it finally started going CC again.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    INFP

So we have another believer!

Edit:
    This youtube clip shows all the stages of the ani. Pause at any moment and imagine her both turning away and turning towards you. Both perspectives work for all stages, but some stages hint more at one direction, which is how the test is supposedly showing RB vs LB.
    YouTube - Dancing Girl Brain Tease

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Aha!

Watching that video, carebear, I finally got her to turn the other way!

I think the original one just goes too fast for my brain to try and make it go the other way: in this case it went anti-clockwise for a frame or two, then flipped back to the original clockwise.

But at least I saw it go the other way.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Aha!

I think the original one just goes too fast for my brain to try and make it go the other way: in this case it went anti-clockwise for a frame or two, then flipped back to the original clockwise.

hahaha how long did you stare at it for.

MBTI
    yupp

It goes clockwise for me no matter how long I stare. I know if I stare at it for a long time I can get it to go the opposite direction but I have to stare a looonnnng time.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Aha!

You can also watch the shadow of the extended foot which appears on the bottom and disappears. That would only make sense if it's spinning CCW.

Riva

its a trick, keep on looking at the figure for a while and you'll see it turning the other way around. just for about 15seconds.

the direction changes about every 15 seconds.