User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I'm Screwed! :(

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default I'm Screwed! :(

you guys might have been wondering- why is an estp online so much instead of out DOING something? It's because I've been *trying* to write a few papers for class! Unfortunatly, I've had the most serious case of writers block EVER- I can't f*&king think OR concentrate on the boring subject matter at hand!

This isn't so bad in my classes with merciful instructors, but for my class where my prof is a guy who makes House look like a softie? I'm so screwed! He already wrote on my rough draft that my paper was shallow and that the only thing I did right was my footnotes (thanks guys! ) and now I'm supposed to have a whole deep insightful paper about federal pesticide laws? I'm supposed to come up with a grand, overarching THEORY about this? WTF man?!?!? I've been trying- it's just that everything I've done for this class has fallen flat on its face! I'm kind of at my wits end about this and am actually ready to give up on something for the first time in my entire life!

What's a shame is that I've never failed a college class- not even when back when I went to class every day still drunk from the night before. I've been Dean's List/Semester Honors for 2/3 of my semesters here and people EXPECT for me to succeed! I'm almost ready to wash my hands of this and accept the F that I'm sure that I'll get even if I try by now because this class is going to drive me back to drinking *pulls hair* I've gotten by so far in college feeling like I've pulled the wool over all of my professor's eyes- I never filed with adaptive services here and I've actually never really opened my text books- I've always gotten by in class by listening and remembering- but my professors never realized this. I feel like everything has caught up with me now though and that it's finally time for me to get what I deserve.

I guess that my point to this is anyone have any advice, or better yet, can anyone cheer me up about this a bit?

sorry for the long rambling rant here guys I feel like a total failure and I appologize to all of you for whining here and taking up your time...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

If it makes you feel any better, I am in the same boat. After this semester I'm going to have to take all easy A classes next semester just to keep my scholarship. I'll probably average a C in most of my classes this time around, assuming I even pass all of them. As I type this, I am taking a break from writing a research design paper for Political Research Methods. I've known about it all semester...it's due tomorrow...err...today...and I started 3 hours ago.

Paper clip a couple of $500 monopoly money to the top of the paper when you hand it in.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What's your teacher looking for, exactly?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The Prof is looking for something worthy of being published in Harvard Law Review (according to him) and he refuses to tell us what he's looking for! He hasn't given us a single example of what he wants from us yet this semester and it's driving me crazy!

and thanks Metamorphosis- that actually DOES make me feel better I wish you better luck than I'm having!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What does he mean by overarching theory? Does he want you to write a statute???

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

he wants us to tie constitutional and legal theory in with patterns in case history and the development of the statute- and I'm not all that good at it!

MBTI
    INTJ

Law sucks. Change majors...that's what I did when I was confronted with too many court cases. Just blame your Pness.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

being an idiot, I took this class for a challenge- it's in our Poli Sci department and it's filling in my last requirement in the department- I can take another poli sci class with a soc bent next semester to fill the same requirement if I need to fortunatly, I just don't like to fail at anything!

and by the way- I would have happily written your paper for you if you'd given me a heads up about it! I LOVED poli sci stats!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    he wants us to tie constitutional and legal theory in with patterns in case history and the development of the statute- and I'm not all that good at it!
    So he wants to take a historical look at the problems that came up with the current law (the cases and issues) and how those cases were decided, and then to look at the modern statute and see how it tried to look out for the issues that gave rise to the cases. Did you research the legislative history and findings? That should have some clues as to Congress's motivation.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I did- it was pretty straight forward to me, but he seems to think that there's some deeper meaning to FIFRA than what Congress stated. I just can't see it