User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

Default Woop, got my glasses today

I got my first pair of glasses today. I can't believe how sharp the world looks now. I deliberately went for the big glasses/nerdy look, because it looks a bit shocking, but great with medium to long hair. On the downside I just went to the barber and my hair is shorter and neater then usual. May need to wait two weeks before these glasses really work on me.

I'm thinking of also getting contact lenses, for variety and situations where glasses are just not practical.

Pics may or may not follow!
    (removed)

Phantonym

Well, congrats!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

It's comical when you realise you finally HAVE to have glasses. It finally dawned on me that I was squinting all the time. * sigh* My reaction was always,
    " What?! I don't need glasses! My eyes are just tired. "

Glasses pictures!

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    It's comical when you realise you finally HAVE to have glasses. It finally dawned on me that I was squinting all the time. * sigh* My reaction was always,
    " What?! I don't need glasses! My eyes are just tired. "

Glasses pictures!
    Jup, that sounds very familiar. I've got -1.75 on both eyes. I realized a long time ago I may have needed glasses, but damn my vanity.
    (removed)

MBTI
    SEXY

Oh, and also, while I do see sharper at a distance, the side of my view tends to go weird when I turn my head. It'll take a bit of getting used to.
    (removed)

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Oh, and also, while I do see sharper at a distance, the side of my view tends to go weird when I turn my head. It'll take a bit of getting used to.
    My twin sister is myopic out the yinyang, so she's worn glasses for years. Ocassionally I would put her glasses on, just to see what the world looks like from her view, and it always seems like a strange place. How can anyone get used to the fact that it's still blurry on the sides? Or that you have something perched on your face all day if you don't want to walk into a wall? Craziness.

MBTI
    INtP

I got my first pair of glasses today. I can't believe how sharp the world looks now.
    Heh -- isn't that odd? The fuzziness just creeps up on you so slowly that once you have glasses, it hits you like a ton of bricks. I was 19 when I got glasses, and driving home from the optometrist I was just shocked. It was like "I can actually *read* that street sign!"

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    My twin sister is myopic out the yinyang, so she's worn glasses for years. Ocassionally I would put her glasses on, just to see what the world looks like from her view, and it always seems like a strange place. How can anyone get used to the fact that it's still blurry on the sides? Or that you have something perched on your face all day if you don't want to walk into a wall? Craziness.
    I'm jealous . Of everyone in my family (and I mean *everyone*... cousins, aunts, uncles, etc) I lasted the longest without glasses. I wore them for about a year, before I started to hate them, for all of the reasons you mention - no peripheral vision (and worse... when I tried to see laterally, I'd get headaches due to the difference between corrected and uncorrected sightlines), and that uncomfortable "thing perched on my face all day" thing. Ugh. Once I wore off of the gleeful shock of being able to see and not having to spend my classtime sitting in the front row squinting to see the blackboard, it got old fast. So now I'm a 20-year (!?!) wearer of contact lenses. Much, much better -- I put them in first thing in the morning and forget about them all day, and take them out before bed. I'm just lucky that I can still read without them.

But I still can't read the alarm clock when I wake up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My eyes are just inherently stigmatized. I got my first set of glasses at the age of 6. It's hard to convince a 6 year-old to start wearing glasses.

I occassionally long for a world where I don't need these on my face. Especially since I'm way over due for an appointment. I can barely read anything at a distance with this pair, but time, accessibility, and especially money keep me from gettiing news ones.

When I do get new ones, I'm tempted to get huge lenses. On one hand, it might look ridiculous, but on the other hand, I'll have a large area of clear sight. So what are the frames and lenses on your pair of glasses like?

I've never had contacts before. I've thought about them. I think I look better without glasses.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

I got my first pair of glasses today. I can't believe how sharp the world looks now. I deliberately went for the big glasses/nerdy look, because it looks a bit shocking, but great with medium to long hair. On the downside I just went to the barber and my hair is shorter and neater then usual. May need to wait two weeks before these glasses really work on me.

I'm thinking of also getting contact lenses, for variety and situations where glasses are just not practical.

Pics may or may not follow!
    Pics please. Four eyes.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Pics please. Four eyes.
    Yeah, I gotta get a glimpse of these warlocks.