User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJDLRCXR2ZM"]Put ya stunna shadez on[/YOUTUBE]
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I failed at wearing glasses because I tended to break them a lot (sports + glasses = having a glasses repair kit AND the optometrist's number at hand!)

I have worn contacts for years!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

sammy

I want to see pics too. Glasses are sexy.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I got glasses for a year now. The fact my ears aren't on the same height and I have a bumb in my nose as it apprantly has been broken (even though I don't remember breaking it) makes it pretty annoying sometimes.

But you do get used to it.

The most important thing for me is that I haven't had as much headaches since I wear glasses. The downside is that I've completely lost the ability to focus my eyes. (Which is not that bad, since that is what used to cause the headaches. But still, would be nice to still be able to do it occasionally. >.> )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I failed at wearing glasses because I tended to break them a lot (sports + glasses = having a glasses repair kit AND the optometrist's number at hand!)

I have worn contacts for years!
    True, I think I have too much of an active lifestyle to comfortably wear glasses all the time. Going out, sporting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I want to see pics too. Glasses are sexy.
    Picks will follow as soon as I get some online. My own digital camera died two months ago and I don't have money or priority for a new one.
    (removed)

I like glasses, for the most part. Congratulations on seeing the world.

I have glasses for reading and computer work.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    True, I think I have too much of an active lifestyle to comfortably wear glasses all the time. Going out, sporting etc.

Picks will follow as soon as I get some online. My own digital camera died two months ago and I don't have money or priority for a new one.
    Awesome! But if you have a camera phone, you won't need to buy a new camera to show us your new look.

I have had glasses since I was 7 years old. The first opportunity I could get contacts was when I was 12 years old. Contacts were more practical for an active lifestyle. I remember my depth perception always being off just a tad by glasses. Especially dangerous when you trying jumping lines with horses. Need to gauge distance perfectly here or risk flying over the head of the animal like I did Needless to say, soft contacts are a great invention. Even better is how much you can choose from these days. Astygmatism folk need not suffer as much anymore!

MBTI
    SEXY

It's still weird. I can definitely see better but I have to adjust a lot and have to get used to less peripheral vision and, like you said aramis, a decrease in depth perception.

cameraphone picture!!! (crappy but you asked for it):

(removed)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Dude, you got like the same kinda hair I got, except I got much more hair which makes me more awesome, right?

Nice glasses by the way, although I would personally find them a bit to big for your face. But that's just my opinion and I'm not particularly fashionable so don't take my word for it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    It's still weird. I can definitely see better but I have to adjust a lot and have to get used to less peripheral vision and, like you said aramis, a decrease in depth perception.

cameraphone picture!!! (crappy but you asked for it):

[IMG][/IMG]
    The glasses really suit you. Wearing them gets better with time as you get used to them.

I got glasses when I was 17. I don't have to wear them all the time, only when I'm reading or doing stuff with the computer. I have several pairs and it's great how many different looks I can come up with. Sort of like the Clark Kent / Superman thing with a female twist.