User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Ahhhh! I love Malmsteen for his raw and instinctual style. He's got an amazing touch and feel on the guitar. Shredding is like breathing for him!
    It's funny because I was a HUGE Rainbow fan... I thought Ritchie Blackmore was amazing :rolli:. Then, while following Joe Lynn Turner's career, I happened to hear Yngwie... I was SO hooked from that point! There's no one that can play that intensely (well, in my book). And the way he plays Vivaldi... *faints*
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and there's nothing more fun than packing a car with too many people! 7 people in a friend's Geo Metro was just about as many as we could get!
    Totally! I used to have this big Lada estate, Russian car like a tank, engine would start in any weather, however freezing. Used to bundle loads of people in there and hotbox it. So funny when you open the doors and all the smoke billows out, hahaha....
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Default I LOVED Ronnie James!

Okay, whoever asked me about Dio -- YES!!!
    -Sandy
    Enneagram 4w5

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Nice sign but I have to say back in what was it, '86 I think it was there was an outdoor Van Halen concert I went to. BTO, Loverboy were also on the bill. Loverboy surprisingly good. Like really amazing. I later found out they performed over 300 nights a year so that explained it. The second performer to go on right after BTO got done taking care of business was Ronnie James Dio. He'd been doing a bunch of radio interviews, playing up touring, his old Sabbath days and I was all psyched to see him... But he just blew. He still stands out as one of the worst acts I've ever seen. So disappointed.:sad:

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    Nice sign but I have to say back in what was it, '86 I think it was there was an outdoor Van Halen concert I went to. BTO, Loverboy were also on the bill. Loverboy surprisingly good. Like really amazing. I later found out they performed over 300 nights a year so that explained it. The second performer to go on right after BTO got done taking care of business was Ronnie James Dio. He'd been doing a bunch of radio interviews, playing up touring, his old Sabbath days and I was all psyched to see him... But he just blew. He still stands out as one of the worst acts I've ever seen. So disappointed.:sad:
    Oh, 'tis a shame! I never did get to see the little guy, but I always loved "Holy Diver"... mainly because I was a Vivian Campbell groupie (well not really, but you know...) and of course Ronnie's powerful voice.
    -Sandy
    Enneagram 4w5

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I think you'll find that was me

Holy diver, you've been down too long in the midnight seeeea
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Totally! I used to have this big Lada estate, Russian car like a tank, engine would start in any weather, however freezing. Used to bundle loads of people in there and hotbox it. So funny when you open the doors and all the smoke billows out, hahaha....
    You had a Lada?

What kind of engine did it have? How did it run for you? What was it like?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You had a Lada?

What kind of engine did it have? How did it run for you? What was it like?
    God, I can barely remember... it was when I was like 18 and the surrounding 6 years of that period of my life were spent in a drug/alcohol induced daze! lol

No, I remember it was white (or had been in a former life, back when it had an owner that cleaned it!), I think it was a Riva 1500 estate, but don't quote me on that. I didn't actually have a licence, I picked that beast up from a scrapyard in Rouen for like 600 Francs and drove it back over the Channel. It drove like a stoned tortoise, which was a good thing cos I would've been lethal with a fast car. All that mattered to me was it started every time, first time, and you could fit a small congregation in there!

I remember one time when we drove up to this swimming pool parking lot that was like, on the top of a hill, in the middle of the night. There was nobody around at all, and we were all off our heads. We opened all the doors and had loud rave music blaring out, we put the hazard lights and headlights on and made a disco out of it, dancing around like lunatics and laughing our asses off amidst billows of smoke.

I remember my mate Geoff suddenly said "do you think we're a bit conspicuous?" and Simon said, "Yeah, you're right, we'd better turn the music down a bit"... but left everything else as it was after turning it down a tiny fraction! hahahaha....

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    No, I remember it was white (or had been in a former life, back when it had an owner that cleaned it!), I think it was a Riva 1500 estate, but don't quote me on that.
    Apart from the color, did it look like this?

It's funny what passes for a big car in Europe.

Now this... THIS is a big car:

Your Riva estate had a 1500cc engine. The engine in the '72 Eldorado pictured above displaced 500 cubic inches, or [does math quick] about 8.2 liters, or in Lada terms an 8193cc V8. Big as it was, the Eldorado was no "stoned turtle."

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah it was like that, but white.

The eldorado is fucking hideous though! As if I'd want to be seen in that! What is with American cars that they always have to be so damn long in the front??

And I said 'tortoise', not 'turtle'