User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I love sofa-seated hooptys. woot! 77 Olds must be the size of a barge!

The Silverado I drove was so big I had trouble parking it in tight places. :-\ But I did use it to push a guy's Pontiac out of my way. He thought he was being cute, blocking me in the parking lot at closing time. I rolled up on him, kissed his bumper, then matted it. I almost burned up his brakes. lol "Resistance is futile, meatbag!" I shouted. He was laughing and flipping me off at the same time. How schizophrenic. :-p
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I drove a 1977 Oldsmobile 98 in HS and college. It was a big ol' hoopdy, lots of fun to drive. The back seat was like a sofa. It had a 8-track player. If I could get THAT VERY CAR back, I would (hey, you said "dream!") but I probably wouldn't drive any other boatmobile. I would also love to drive a Rambler one of these days because they remind me of my dad (every time he sees one he says "That's the kind of car I wish we could have gotten for you, did I ever tell you about the one your mom and I used to drive?" and he has, many times, but I always want to hear it again).
    It's funny that you drove a '77 Olds, too! That was my very first car/boat. I hit so many curbs that first year, it wasn't funny! For the life of me, I couldn't see over the hood to gage my turn - it's a surprise that I didn't ruin the side walls of my tires (I think back then, the tires were sturdier)! My driver's seat was also "stuck" so I had to prop pillows on my back so I could reach the pedals. (I was desperate for a car, so this worked at my price range!) Many, many funny memories...
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I love sofa-seated hooptys. woot! 77 Olds must be the size of a barge!
    It was seriously hyooge. And gold, with gold leather interior. My grandparents bought it new in 1977, right after I was born, and when I turned 16 they gave it to me with probably less than 25K on it. It was their "Sunday car."

We went camping once and ended up sleeping in the car. I could almost stretch out.

You're going to cringe, this I can foretell- but when I had been driving it for a long time (several months, I'm sure) my dad asked me "when did you last change the oil?" and my response was "change the oil?" It ran for 3 more years before the transmission fell out and we had it crushed. I cried.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    The Silverado I drove was so big I had trouble parking it in tight places. :-\ But I did use it to push a guy's Pontiac out of my way. He thought he was being cute, blocking me in the parking lot at closing time. I rolled up on him, kissed his bumper, then matted it. I almost burned up his brakes. lol "Resistance is futile, meatbag!" I shouted. He was laughing and flipping me off at the same time. How schizophrenic. :-p
    OMG! That is better than that scene in Fried Green Tomatoes!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It was seriously hyooge. And gold, with gold leather interior. My grandparents bought it new in 1977, right after I was born, and when I turned 16 they gave it to me with probably less than 25K on it. It was their "Sunday car."

We went camping once and ended up sleeping in the car. I could almost stretch out.

You're going to cringe, this I can foretell- but when I had been driving it for a long time (several months, I'm sure) my dad asked me "when did you last change the oil?" and my response was "change the oil?" It ran for 3 more years before the transmission fell out and we had it crushed. I cried.
    Oh Ivy!! I'm in love with your dead Olds now!! lol! So sad when it died I cry like a baby when I lose an old-timer. I would have hugged on it and cried too. Did you name it?

And don't feel bad about the oil thing. I once had a "check engine" situation with the Silverado that was intermittent. It drove me NUTS. I would lose power and weird stuff would happen and then POOF, the symptoms would be gone. Finally, out of sheer exasperation, I rolled the truck into one of the bays and began printing off schematics so I could troubleshoot. (Note: I left the truck alone for five minutes to print off, and came back to find a row of backsides hanging out of my engine compartment. lol Men can't resist an open hood. Curious as cats. *cue Run*) I attacked the problem from every angle for TWO DAYS. I pulled fuses, I tested the wiring harness for shorts, I tested my manifold vacuum, etc. I even got my INFJ and ESTP foremen dragged into the mystery. Both were left scratching their heads after a while.

The problem? OIL. My Silverado had globbered and burnt up FOUR QUARTS of oil in the few weeks since it had been changed (some trigger-happy grease monkey had used an airgun to put the oil pan bolts back on at one point and warped the pan lip. FOOL!).

There wasn't even an oil line on the dipstick, the crankcase was so empty. I felt like such an idiot. LOL!! (Kicked the tires to show my disapproval. ) This stuff gets by everyone from time to time. Believe me.

OMG! That is better than that scene in Fried Green Tomatoes!
    Oh for a wood chipper.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    yupp

speaking of sleeping in cars did you know you can fit three people in my trunk? It was senior year of highschool, me and my friend were going to pick my other friend up from the salon, while we were waiting we decided to see if we could fit in the trunk.Then the third friend came out and got in with us Oh and you could close the lid, it was a hatchback.

that's my car. well not that exact one.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm learning how to drive. It's fun and intimidating and stressful and I'm not very good at it yet (though I have no idea what the normal learning curve is for this sort of thing). I'm constantly paranoid of hitting bicycles/people/cars.

I'll probably not be willing to pay for a car for many years, though. Probably not until I graduate and my student loans are paid off. Later than that if possible.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

impressive! (thinks that perhaps prplchkz should join the mob, where stashing people in the trunk might be a benefit!)

I used to fit the entire cross country team into my car in high school- meaning that there were 2 of us driving in the drivers seat (one for the pedals and one for the wheel!) fun, yes, but dangerous. And 13 people in a 91 corsica is a tight fit!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm learning how to drive. It's fun and intimidating and stressful and I'm not very good at it yet (though I have no idea what the normal learning curve is for this sort of thing). I'm constantly paranoid of hitting bicycles/people/cars.

I'll probably not be willing to pay for a car for many years, though.
    Oh yeah, but then the paranoia goes away. When I'm home from school, and driving and their's a person crossing the street I'll speed up, then quickly put on the brakes, but most of the time the start running. This is even funnier when driving through a crowded parking lot.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    And 13 people in a 91 corsica is a tight fit!

We would have rocked high school together, woman.

I've packed five people into a 68 Beetle. Enough to bog down the little 80 hp engine on hills. HAHAHA!!! I had to downshift just to keep up 50 mph!!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

SIDE NOTE -- I'm a dill pickle!! AHAHHAHA!!!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code