Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Do you like to drive?
    If so, what car do you drive?
    If not, why not?
    Do you have a "dream" car?
    Any other thoughts?
    ------------------------------------------
    MY ANSWERS:
    Do you like to drive? YES! Due to my job and my love to travel, my car is my second home - I'm on the road a lot.
    If so, what car do you drive? Volvo S90
    Do you have a "dream" car? Nissan Altima
    Any other thoughts? I couldn't wait to get my driver's license when I was a kid. I got my license on my 16th birthday. Also, I loved my Altima until it died last year around this time. It gave me 10 decent years.
    <<- Me in my gray Volvo!
    1 Yes. Driving is very meditative and theraputic for me. My husband and I love road trips and would take a 6 hour one at least every other weekend untill we had our baby.
    2. A poor beat up Toyota Corolla. The hood's been bashed in since we hit a cow 2 summers ago south of Lake Powell. (Never drive that road during cattle season. It's a death trap)
    3. Not really. I like practical cars. I like them to work, and that's all I ask of them.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Do you like to drive?

If I'm alone, yes. I like to drive once I'm IN THE CAR, but my laziness makes me answer "no" in general.

Dad's old Lexis, because my brother adversely possessed my car, a Honda Accord.

If not, why not?

I wish I could bike in LA, I really do. I think we have too many roads everywhere. Concrete scenery isn't as beautiful as the more natural landscape.

Convertible electric car. Environmentally friendly AND you can stay connected to the Earth while you drive.

Any other thoughts?

I'm an awesome driver. It makes me flow. Calculating, strategizing... I love it. I'll race any of you any day.

MBTI
    GONE

I know this is totally unrelated but -- OMG!!! EDAHN!!! Your freaking rep whoring...I mean trading --worked! You are like, on Donkey Kong or something.

I'm speechless.

Alright, onto the OP:

Do you like to drive?

That's funny, that's one of the questions in my interview when I was the equivalent of a travelling saleswoman with spread out territories and everything. I drove a lot My boss told me I would get sick of driving, I got a lot better at driving actually. And compared to my mileage, didn't have that many tickets and accidents...

During this horrible storm where power grids in parts of the city were down (no traffic lights) and it was raining so blinding hard it was like driving through a car wash, I merrily drove past a bunch of cars with their hazard lights on, who were waiting the storm out. I was salaried and spent way too much time in my car so I wanted to get HOME and I laughed at mere mortals who let a little bit of weather deter them (I also used to spin around in circles on the snow in the mountains, but that's another story). I literally did fjord through a part of the highway that got flooded. It probably was not the best idea but I lived in an area with a lot of traffic and really bad drivers, so I wasn't alone. I felt like I was playing 'The Oregon Trail'

So um...yeah, I do like driving and I still find it relaxing or even fun to just aimlessly drive with the radio on, but it's gotten more mundane in general. I also associate driving with a sedentary lifestyle which helped me pack on another 10-15 pounds so in theory I prefer walking.

My parents' car. Or whatever is closest/cheapest for me to rent. In the city, I don't a car and prefer public transportation. But in the 'burbs, you have to have a car.

If not, why not?

See above.

Not a dream car, but when I do buy my own car I'd like to get the hybrid/electric/biodiesel version of a Chevy Aveo. Those cars are SO CHEAP, designed well for space and ease of use, and look cute!

Otherwise, I'm partial to muscle cars like Mustangs!

And a truck. A big red real truck with black plastic sheathing in the bed to protect my precious cargo. Trucks are sexeh.

And I like how Jaguars look.

If you couldn't tell, I know very little about cars.

I prefer driving a full-size sedan. No minis and no SUVs. Those are a pain to drive but I like the feeling of being able to run all the other cars off the road.

MBTI
    INTP

Do you like to drive?
    If not, why not?
    Any other thoughts?
    ------------------------------------------
    MY ANSWERS:
    Do you like to drive? YES! Due to my job and my love to travel, my car is my second home - I'm on the road a lot.
    If so, what car do you drive? Volvo S90
    Do you have a "dream" car? Nissan Altima
    Any other thoughts? I couldn't wait to get my driver's license when I was a kid. I got my license on my 16th birthday. Also, I loved my Altima until it died last year around this time. It gave me 10 decent years.

<<- Me in my gray Volvo!
    If you choose thoughts, forget about cars.
    If you choose cars, forget about thoughts.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Wow! I thought more people would like to talk about their cars! Oh well... I didn't realize, PP, that you were a mechanic! Cool...
    I was. Yes, in another life, it seems. When my ex-bf was here Saturday, he made up for some of the tools he couldn't bring with him by dragging out my tool box. I forget I have them otherwise. It's one of the few things, besides bursting out with spontaneous "car talk" like specs or methods or whatever, that reminds me that I ever wrenched. Must have been the phantom Pink.

I enjoy singing as loud as I want or listen to whatever I want in my car. I am at my happiest when I am driving wherever, whenever I want. I tend to be a leadfoot (I have too many tickets to prove it). *sigh*
    I used to caterwaul with the radio too! Fun times! I'd pick something impossible like Mariah Carey so I'd be sure to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Funny odd wee cars
    I have a soft spot for Isettas, myself personally. lol Open the door, step out the front. Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'm an awesome driver. It makes me flow. Calculating, strategizing... I love it. I'll race any of you any day.
    Oh you are so on, Donkey Kong.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTJ

Do you like to drive?
    If not, why not?
    Any other thoughts?
    One word for all you out there.

Look at this woman's avatar. It's Yngwie Malmsteen, a true guitar god among guitar heroes. I'm impressed. Plus she starts a thread about cars. Hey, now where have you ladies been hiding?

Can anyone positive rep her for me? Some drops of goodness are beneficial from time to time.

Do you like to drive? Driving is like freedom for me... It's a feeling of peacefulness and serenity
    If so, what car do you drive? I drive an Opel (Vauxhall) Astra. Can't be bothered with big names, although I appreciate the engines. I'm all for cost/performance and this one is OK. Average car, still has a nice engine and looks, and gets me from A to B withot costing me an ice cream per mile. What more could I want?
    Do you have a "dream" car? I'm a Porsche fan. I'd like to have a Porsche 911 GT2. Look at this baby:

Awesome.

Any other thoughts? As much as my buddhist philosophy streak compels me to find satisfaction within... I still think that I wouldn't mind owning one of these road demons.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

done mav- she has 3 pts from you there!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    done mav- she has 3 pts from you there!
    Now, I'm not one of those guys to give good words easily. But you're just friggin' awesome

MBTI
    INFP

Default That's one sweet ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    One word for all you out there.

Look at this woman's avatar. It's Yngwie Malmsteen, a true guitar god among guitar heroes. I'm impressed. Plus she starts a thread about cars. Hey, now where have you ladies been hiding?
    *thumbs up* There's no debating (even against Satriani and Vai or whoever); with his breathtaking shredding, Malmsteen rules!

Can anyone positive rep her for me? Some drops of goodness are beneficial from time to time.
    Man, I can feel the love - thanks! Now, how does one go about getting into the Maverick's Biker Club? *scratching head*

Do you like to drive? Driving is like freedom for me... It's a feeling of peacefulness and serenity
    Absolutely... same here.

If so, what car do you drive? I drive an Opel (Vauxhall) Astra. Can't be bothered with big names, although I appreciate the engines. I'm all for cost/performance and this one is OK. Average car, still has a nice engine and looks, and gets me from A to B withot costing me an ice cream per mile. What more could I want?
    Do you have a "dream" car? I'm a Porsche fan. I'd like to have a Porsche 911 GT2. Look at this baby:

Awesome.
    Agreed!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have limited patience for guitar shredding, but even I can't deny the technical skills of Yngwie Malmsteen. Not a fan, but an appreciator, sure.

Do you like to drive?

Meh. It's okay. I probably would enjoy it a lot more if I had a fun vehicle to drive.

If not, why not?

The Mom-Mobile (aka a Dodge Caravan)-- see above.

I drove a 1977 Oldsmobile 98 in HS and college. It was a big ol' hoopdy, lots of fun to drive. The back seat was like a sofa. It had a 8-track player. If I could get THAT VERY CAR back, I would (hey, you said "dream!") but I probably wouldn't drive any other boatmobile. I would also love to drive a Rambler one of these days because they remind me of my dad (every time he sees one he says "That's the kind of car I wish we could have gotten for you, did I ever tell you about the one your mom and I used to drive?" and he has, many times, but I always want to hear it again).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii