User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Do you like to drive?
    No.
    If so, what car do you drive?
    If not, why not?
    I'm paranoid, I can't navigate through traffic, I don't want to die in a wreck and I don't trust other drivers to not kill me.
    Do you have a "dream" car?
    A soviet T-90 main battle tank.
    Any other thoughts?
    Cars are evil. Suck it, cars.

MBTI
    ENTP

Do you like to drive?
    Yes! Love it!

Ahem... a 24 year old Nissan that I inherited recently... well, might as well get some use out of it. It's a very Franciscan car!!

Yeah I like vintage cars - not flashy ones for posers, but the little funny ones that are full of character. Example:

Any other thoughts?
    I like pulling up in my battered old thing and seeing the looks I get as I park it next to a Mercedes and climb out in jeans with holes in the knees and a crumpled Megadeth t-shirt and approach the rest of the group in their suits; I like setting myself the challenge to obtain the attention of the crowd and become the 'linchpin' through just being more fun so people are too busy enjoying themselves and laughing with me to be impressed by the flashy pricks.

Yes, it's naughty and egotistical I know, but I don't really do it for the attention (that's just a bonus)... I do it more because I need to keep proving to myself (to maintain my sense of optimism in the human race) that it's what's inside that counts, and that I'm alright, y'know, despite not being super rich or successful or anything. Y'know, like I don't need to be.

Oh, and incidentally, trivial fact: you can't learn to drive 'til you're 18 in the UK. At least I think it's gone up to 18 now... it was 17 until very recently.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Do you like to drive?
    If not, why not?
    Any other thoughts?
    1. I used to like driving back when I lived in New Jersey. But since I've moved to Los Angeles, I've come to hate it with a passion.
    2. A Honda Civic in the ugliest color ever foisted upon the American motorist.
    3. N/A
    4. An early 70s Toyota Land Cruiser. But only if it runs well.

Do you like to drive?
    If not, why not?
    Any other thoughts?
    Short answer to all questions: I never learned to drive, never tried and do not plan to do so in the near future.

MBTI
    ENTP

I enjoy singing as loud as I want or listen to whatever I want in my car. I am at my happiest when I am driving wherever, whenever I want. I tend to be a leadfoot (I have too many tickets to prove it). *sigh*
    Cool - me too! Do you like, flip a coin when you get to a junction? I do that like all the time, and then try and find my way back with no maps or anything. I ended up about 300 miles from home once, from doing that one bored afternoon!

Do you have a different word for junction where you live?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Do you like to drive?
    Most of the time, no. Occasionally, yes.
    1994 Dodge Caravan, which is apparently on its last legs. It's beginning to really nickel and dime us.
    Something that comfortably seats six, is pleasant to drive, gets great gas mileage, has working heat, air conditioning, and everything else.
    Any other thoughts?
    I would hire a driver if I could afford to.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Cool - me too! Do you like, flip a coin when you get to a junction? I do that like all the time, and then try and find my way back with no maps or anything. I ended up about 300 miles from home once, from doing that one bored afternoon!

Do you have a different word for junction where you live?
    Hmm... maybe I would call it an exit (to an interstate highway). Anyone else have a different word for junction?
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ENTP

Hmm... maybe I would call it an exit (to an interstate highway). Anyone else have a different word for junction?
    Oh no well, I just meant on a normal road in suburbia, or any road. In the UK they call any where that one roads gives out onto another, a junction.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

an intersection?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Driving can be very therapeutic. Only the effect is lost living in LA when so much of driving is just merging into lanes and watching idiots in SUV's, gabbing on cellies, oblivious to the havoc their causing. I truly relish any uninterrupted driving on the freeway but it's so rare that it happens and only for a relatively short distance. Sometimes I'll feel like taking a drive up the coast or out to Vegas but there's no guarantee that my return trip won't be a nightmare of congestion.

I have a Toyota now. Been kinda thinking about getting a hybrid for my next car. Can't say I'm really a fan of the look of the Priius or what's the other one I see on the road so much??? Sure I'd love to have a Murcielago but having that in town would make me want to shoot myself all the more. The Mazda RX-8 I have to admit are pretty bad. If I could only step out of my practical mindset. Winters driving w/front wheel drive vs. rear wheel is like the first deal breaker. It doesn't snow in SoCal but I know I'd be at the dealer thinking, 'uhhh, what about the four trips I might take to the mtns over the life of this car???' I don't know, sometime in the 90's when the 3000ZX came out I really wanted one but then I kinda lost that whole dream car bug.