User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Facebook question

Can someone help out this 27-year-old dinosaur?

I commented on someone else's status and then deleted the "Economica commented on X's status" that appeared on my own wall. My question is: Does this prevent it from showing up in my friends' news feeds (friends of mine who are not friends of his, I mean)? Or might they still see it? If so, is there anything I can do to prevent it (short of deleting my comment)?

MBTI
    INFP

What on earth is someone as concerned about privacy as you doing meddling with Facebook? Are you mad, woman??

No, I don't know what to do about it. Sorry. I'd assume that the notification went out as soon as you commented though, so deleting won't change anything. I don't know for sure, but that seems to be how Facebook rolls. I'm pretending my account doesn't exist in the hope that it'll go away.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I always assumed that it did O.o

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP

You should conduct an experiment. Friend a couple of people here, comment harmlessly on one of their statuses and then delete. Ask the 2nd person if the comment appears on their newsfeed.

Just try not to friend this dude:

(hint, his username includes a noun)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    What on earth is someone as concerned about privacy as you doing meddling with Facebook? Are you mad, woman??
    I know.

I think thrice before I do anything on Facebook, but the owner of the status got too personal in his reply to my comment, so now I'd like to backtrack.

I'm pretending my account doesn't exist in the hope that it'll go away.
    That would seem to be the INFP way. I'm thisclose to deleting mine. :steam:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

If someone posted in the "thread" already and have email alerts set up they may have gotten your original comment in email.

If you delete it off your page it doesn't make a difference on other pages, normally.

I had a friend who took off his "single" status because he got sick of the ads. He deleted the update on his page. But it was on everyone else's page and he got a bunch of questions. Facebook is out to get you.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    That would seem to be the INFP way.
    "Hello, 911? We need an ambulance right away to take an INFP to the burn unit."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    If you delete it off your page it doesn't make a difference on other pages, normally.

I had a friend who took off his "single" status because he got sick of the ads. He deleted the update on his page. But it was on everyone else's page and he got a bunch of questions. Facebook is out to get you.
    :steam:

What will happen if I delete the comments I made?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I used to feel exactly this way when Facebook was new. I thought everyone was nosy and privy to everything I was doing [I'm just a little paranoid]*. I thought if anyone wanted to pry they could simply click on my profile and see what I was doing, and that bothered me initially.

Now, I realize that most people don't care. Hardly anyone reads what's in the newsfeed unless it pertains directly to them, and they get notifications for that. Plus, I'm not that interesting anyway, and, since all of my fb friends are people who I've confirmed and personally know, most of my pictures are actually uploaded by them. There's nothing on my page or profile that I wouldn't share with any of them in a casual setting. It's not a big deal. The only adjusting I had to do was to make sure whatever I write is something I don't mind six hundred other people reading. I can deal with that I guess.

*A friend of mine made my account because she wanted to talk to be online but I was very anti-Facebook at the time. I've warmed up.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    :steam:

What will happen if I delete the comments I made?
    Well if someone else was going personal your comment won't matter much. But it should be gone, other than the emails people get. (I think?)