User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    What makes you think I'm angry?
    Your words. Not now. But, at times. A happy person does not sound like the way you sound when you rage. I could be wrong, of course.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

get a room you two!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Your words. Not now. But, at times. A happy person does not sound like the way you sound when you rage. I could be wrong, of course.
    Well, a smiling depressive wouldn't sound that way but sentient person might when faced with the way the world is.

"To think deeply in our culture is to grow angry and to anger others; and if you cannot tolerate this anger, you are wasting the time you spend thinking deeply. One of the rewards to deep thought is the hot glow of anger at discovering a wrong, but if anger is taboo, thought will starve to death."

-Jules Henry

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ok... you three!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I disagree. The brutal moments are not loving moments, not connected to being loving. They may feel some love in their hearts at other moments but that has no connection to the disassociated self that acts brutally towards others at other moments. Those brutal moments are acts of hate.

"Forgive me because I really love you."

No, if they truly loved others, they'd do something to stop hurting them. They love their addictions more. Either to booze or rage or whatever. Sad to accept but true.

I get so sick of hearing excuses for sadists.
    +1
    I think the model of "love" we are taught in infancy is very hard to overturn though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

I disagree. The brutal moments are not loving moments, not connected to being loving. They may feel some love in their hearts at other moments but that has no connection to the disassociated self that acts brutally towards others at other moments. Those brutal moments are acts of hate.
    Brutality is not an act of love. I just meant the two can coexist in the same person. Also, the brutal moments can be acts of self-hate. People can treat you badly and still love you. That's all I mean. It's not a healthy love, but I don't think anyone could claim it's not love. Not in the experience I lived.

"Forgive me because I really love you."

No, if they truly loved others, they'd do something to stop hurting them. They love their addictions more. Either to booze or rage or whatever. Sad to accept but true.

I get so sick of hearing excuses for sadists.
    Yes, but you see sadism as too black and white. Perhaps based on your experiences, it is. I do agree that addicts love their addiction more. That is the practical effect anyway. Also, my father never asked for forgiveness. Not from me anyway.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ok... are you really ignoring my polite point that you're ignoring other posters and making them feel pointless in MY thread...

seriously- I don't get the point of people having pages of argument about issues that aren't necissarily on the topic at the exclusion of posters who have ANYTHING else to say

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like to play with words. I don't always consider their effect on sensitive people.
    That is a failing on my part.
    One you might recognise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, a smiling depressive wouldn't sound that way but sentient person might when faced with the way the world is.

"To think deeply in our culture is to grow angry and to anger others; and if you cannot tolerate this anger, you are wasting the time you spend thinking deeply. One of the rewards to deep thought is the hot glow of anger at discovering a wrong, but if anger is taboo, thought will starve to death."

-Jules Henry
    You sound so sure of yourself and your wholesale evaluation of life. Perhaps you are absolutely, stone correct. But, then perhaps not.

I wish people would acknowledge the complexity of things. The world is a multitude of ways. Not one way. It is not simply a dark place or a good place or a happy place. It is every possible thing you could possibly imagine. If you seek tragedy, you will find it in no short supply. If you seek comedy, you will find it in no short supply. If you seek meaning or meaninglessness, it is all there for you. Whatever you are inclined to see.

heart on fire

Brutality is not an act of love. I just meant the two can coexist in the same person. Also, the brutal moments can be acts of self-hate. People can treat you badly and still love you. That's all I mean. It's not a healthy love, but I don't think anyone could claim it's not love. Not in the experience I lived.
    To stay healthy in one's self, one may really need to call it something other than being loving. One has to see the disassociation for what it is.

But does it matter if a person who treats us badly really deep down "loves" us if they treat us badly? If their actions are not loving, what does the love matter?

I am really sorry that you went through what you did. This is not about you, it is about the general topic.