User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Interesting points. Love is an interesting subject. It seems to require a tentative relinquishing of control to the feeling for the other person. Allowing someone to have some space inside you.

I do think that real love requires a certain acceptance and vulnerability to access the other person. A willingness to relinquish demands and control in order to let the connection for the other person unfold as it will. It is tempting to try to force circumstances to meet your internal needs if you are anxious or fearful inside due to this vulnerability.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    "To think deeply in our culture is to grow angry and to anger others; and if you cannot tolerate this anger, you are wasting the time you spend thinking deeply. One of the rewards to deep thought is the hot glow of anger at discovering a wrong, but if anger is taboo, thought will starve to death."

-Jules Henry
    *sigh* Such a pity that someone as thoughtful and erudite as heart was driven off this forum by a sexist bully. (Not Synarch, a different one).

I do miss her.

And Synarch. Time was, we had a higher calibre of woman-hater around here...
    /nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I ended up reading through this thread a little since you bumped it. I was wondering on that quote.

I agree with it, but it also made me wonder that if I am not often angry with others, does that mean I do not think deeply? Or deeply enough? Or think deeply, often enough?

Or am I content with a broken species of which I share in common brokeness? But of course for something to be broken there needs to be that comparison which defines what isn't broken in the first place. Exactly who is claiming for the breakages?

Ants seem to do alright without those questions. I should be an ant.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Interesting points. Love is an interesting subject. It seems to require a tentative relinquishing of control to the feeling for the other person. Allowing someone to have some space inside you.

I do think that real love requires a certain acceptance and vulnerability to access the other person. A willingness to relinquish demands and control in order to let the connection for the other person unfold as it will. It is tempting to try to force circumstances to meet your internal needs if you are anxious or fearful inside due to this vulnerability.
    Quite right.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I ended up reading through this thread a little since you bumped it. I was wondering on that quote.

I agree with it, but it also made me wonder that if I am not often angry with others, does that mean I do not think deeply? Or deeply enough? Or think deeply, often enough?
    It does not state that you must be angry with others.

If you agree with it, you must reach that conclusion. That's what agreeing means...

Exactly who is claiming for the breakages?
    Give it some thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It does not state that you must be angry with others.

If you agree with it, you must reach that conclusion. That's what agreeing means...

Give it some thought.
    I wasn't thinking that deeply. I'm not very intelligent or a thinking type, so for me I can hold two opposing ideas and somehow be ok with it, since I don't comprehend what is wrong with that in the first place.

Lack of Ti means I don't really get the absolutes of one correct option in something that can be interpreted personally. Although from a single human being's perspective everything is personal to an extent, but the spectrum of that extent is greater for a feeler than a thinker.

Plus....yknow my reading comprehension is poor.

ps: Still chuckling at the 'higher calibre of woman-hater' comment
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ

Synarch is my favorite crypto-ENFJ. I like how he skillfully extracted emotional information. Not that I ever cared much about most people's emotional information, but I can appreciate someone's mastery, even if it's not my thing.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Synarch is my favorite crypto-ENFJ. I like how he skillfully extracted emotional information. Not that ever cared much about most people's emotional information, but I can appreciate someone's mastery, even if it's not my thing.
    I think you're projecting your feelings for me outside yourself, so that it looks to you as analysis of my behavior when in reality you just like me and need a reason to justify these feelings to yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think you're projecting your feelings for me outside yourself, so that it looks to you as analysis of my behavior when in reality you just like me and need a reason to justify these feelings to yourself.
    Man, all you do is talk about feelings, you NF-fairy

/not that there's anything wrong with that
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Man, all you do is talk about feelings, you NF-fairy

/not that there's anything wrong with that
    I think you notice the Fe, which is why you think ENFJ, but ENTPs have decent Fe, too, right?