User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You keep asking me questions or making weird assertions. I am replying.

Are you enjoying it?

I have a deal for you. If you can resist responding to this post, I won't post in this thread again, or bring up that other thread again. Can you manage it?
    Interesting how you ask someone else to moderate their action, in order to help you curb your own.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Interesting how you ask someone else to moderate their action, in order to help you curb your own.
    It really isn't. I'm not in need of help or using anyone's actions as help. I'm doing things quite voluntarily.

EDIT: It just occured to me.. you're ruining this whole thing. Now I'm posting here even though he hasn't bothered responding. Cease, as I shan't reply to you here beyond this post.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It was off topic but it wouldn't have been put in the fluff zone based on the off topicness, it verged on graveyard and ended up in the fluff zone because it turned into a shitfight about how off topic it was and how stupid/annoying/stupid other members are. I don't believe the thread needed to degenerate into 'this is off topic, piss off' kinda conversation. Bring it to a mods attention then let us do our thang and neither conversation need be interrupted with personal attacks.
    Thank you.
    I wrote and deleted something similar myself yesterday. Figured it wasn't my place.
    Ideally, the 'spawned' conversation would have been given its own thread and all the pettiness and name-calling graveyarded.
    I do think the sort of disruptiveness demonstrated by MP in this thread shouldn't be rewarded by consigning the whole thing to the bin while he continues to gloat. But I can understand that picking through the mess is no fun either. I, for one, would like to see the thread-banning tool used on members who have nothing to add to a discussion beyond "STFU".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    There's a middle road between brutality and fake sugary sweet.
    Okay. Now if one fails to recognize the existence and nature of both extremes, how does one find the sweet spot? Unlike other spots, this one does exist!

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Thank you.
    I wrote and deleted something similar myself yesterday. Figured it wasn't my place.
    Ideally, the 'spawned' conversation would have been given its own thread and all the pettiness and name-calling graveyarded.
    I do think the sort of disruptiveness demonstrated by MP in this thread shouldn't be rewarded by consigning the whole thing to the bin while he continues to gloat. But I can understand that picking through the mess is no fun either. I, for one, would like to see the thread-banning tool used on members who have nothing to add to a discussion beyond "STFU".
    I think what I said in the thread, for the most part, had more to do with the topic than Synarch. That only changed up to the point where I was telling Synarch to shut up because he was way off topic. And I only did that after I noticed the OP was trying to (at first politely) get the topic back on track but was ignored. STFU became my only contributiont to this thread only after it was turned into its own thread, which happened because it didn't belong in the other thread.

If the thread ban really should have been used on anyone, it should have been Synarch for being so determined to have nothing to do with the topic. It should be anyone involved in telling him to get on topic or go somewhere else. Now really, the thread ban should probably only be used if the person who's conversation was split off decided to go right back to the old thread to continue.

Taking action on me, or whatever (which would have been considerably more retarded) and not Synarch would have been backwards at best.

And it's amazing to be criticized for disrupting a conversation that was in its essence a disruption. Splitting off this thread (regardless of what forum it went to) is not a "reward" to my "disruption". It was a warranted cleaning.

I'm trying to convey how flabbergasted I am at the reasoning I'm dealing with here. I seem to be seeing, it its essence, a defense of ones right to maintain a conversation, with a total disregard for anyone else's right to maintain the conversation they had intended. You can't have it both ways.

And Synarch's apparent reasoning that he fundamentally didn't like the topic, and deemed it dead, only make things worse. If he didn't like the topic, he shouldn't have posted in it, and was certainly wrong for claiming he shouldn't have to conform to it once he decided to post in it. And it didn't look dead to me, so I wonder why exactly his assessment might be more valid than mine or whaterver's. He might have been it's killer, in fact. How convenient for him. Things like that are exaclty why we shouldn't have some policy that you can start doing whatever you want in the thread as soon as it's "dead".
    Go to sleep, iguana.

You keep asking me questions or making weird assertions. I am replying.

Are you enjoying it?

I have a deal for you. If you can resist responding to this post, I won't post in this thread again, or bring up that other thread again. Can you manage it?
    [blah....blah...blah...look at me going back on my word and replying again to this thread, I can't help myself]
    EDIT: It just occured to me.. you're ruining this whole thing.
    That was the whole point. I am not surprised to see you responding to me.

You often act like a little moderator that could, trying to "clear up" misunderstandings all over threads, to "keep it on track", calling out in threads for, "MODS!", when your actions actually do the opposite of what your seeming aim is. E.g., derail.

I think you like an audience to see your seeming bossiness/directing others, to see you butt your nose in, where it can't help itself.

This thread is another of such an example of immaturity.

Again, I am not surprised.

For future reference - there's a report button, or PM available to the mods/admins, it gets their action quicker than your little feather fluffing in threads, Mr. Little Moderator that Wish It Could.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought we're talking about love and brutality? LOL

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    I thought we're talking about love and brutality? LOL
    Well, there seems to be a bit of that going on here. Clearly, we are on topic enough to not warrent a split.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

That was the whole point. I am not surprised to see you responding to me.

You often act like a little moderator that could, trying to "clear up" misunderstandings all over threads, to "keep it on track", calling out in threads for, "MODS!", when your actions actually do the opposite of what your seeming aim is. E.g., derail.
    I couldn't have derailed that which was long since derailed. At worst, it would remain derailed, and at best, it would be turned back toward the place from which it came.

I think you like an audience to see your seeming bossiness/directing others, to see you butt your nose in, where it can't help itself.

This thread is another of such an example of immaturity.

Again, I am not surprised.
    That's nice. I can't see how you'd prove this, or what meaningful result this was supposed to have, though.

For future reference - there's a report button, or PM available to the mods/admins, it gets their action quicker than your little feather fluffing in threads, Mr. Little Moderator that Wish It Could.
    I've used those options before, oh enlightening one.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

And Synarch's apparent reasoning that he fundamentally didn't like the topic, and deemed it dead, only make things worse. If he didn't like the topic, he shouldn't have posted in it, and was certainly wrong for claiming he shouldn't have to conform to it once he decided to post in it. And it didn't look dead to me, so I wonder why exactly his assessment might be more valid than mine or whaterver's. He might have been it's killer, in fact. How convenient for him. Things like that are exaclty why we shouldn't have some policy that you can start doing whatever you want in the thread as soon as it's "dead".
    I don't believe I ever reasoned that. But, whatever's thread was rather superficial, not that that is criminal. Everything that could be said, was said over 170+ posts. Further, at any time someone could have addressed the scintillating thoughts posed by the OP. The direction (or derail as you term it) it meandered into included additional fruitful discussion.

Whatever was simply emotionally invested in HER topic. Fine, albeit immature and rather desperate for some sort of attention or interest. And she handled this change of direction in an immature and unreasonable manner. You, as one of her friends, felt the need to white knight it out with me. You're welcome to do so, but do not be surprised when you end up looking partial and petty. I am not an unreasonable person. I just do not respond well to tattle-tailing and pettiness.

By continuing to flog the same topic, you lose your credibility. I have tried to leave it alone. If you have said your piece, simple be quiet. Everyone understands your point of view. Whether they think it is stupid or not is up to them.

At any rate. As you can see, while we are all friends here that friendship entails a certain measure of brutality and animosity occasioned by episodes of conflict. Yet, we sally on and become stronger in our friendship.

This is why conflict is a purgative and healthy endeavor. ESPECIALLY among friends and loved ones.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."