User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think the brutal and selfish nature of romantic love is resisted because it doesn't sit well with the happy, fluttery, sugary love we're taught to seek, and when these aspects of love arise that resistance is detrimental to dealing with it properly.
    I agree with this.

Opposite emotions have potential to meet, whether it be in the middle, or at either end. They may or may not overlap, it depends on the individuals, where, and if, a fine line between them has been drawn.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    82 fucking posts of this shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    In your opinion. In my opinion conversations take turns and detours and even, heaven profane, return to their original starting points! This is what makes them so wonderful. At any time, someone, anyone, is free to address the OP. It is after all, a discussion. If you think that discourse must follow a narrow, constrained path then we must part ways on that point. I prefer conversation that is natural and organic. You seem to prefer a more strict approach. *shrug*

Just don't be a pedantic scold about it. It's small of you.
    Amen. Ironically, the only derail was of the conversation the three of us were having. The "cat calls" thread was pretty much dead.
    You sound so sure of yourself and your wholesale evaluation of life. Perhaps you are absolutely, stone correct. But, then perhaps not.

I wish people would acknowledge the complexity of things. The world is a multitude of ways. Not one way. It is not simply a dark place or a good place or a happy place. It is every possible thing you could possibly imagine. If you seek tragedy, you will find it in no short supply. If you seek comedy, you will find it in no short supply. If you seek meaning or meaninglessness, it is all there for you. Whatever you are inclined to see.
    It is precisely because we live in such a complex world that discrimination is so important. You are proposing that "it's all good". No. Acknowledgement doesn't demand acceptance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Seems like Synarch had a good point, but couldn't get there because of generally evasive and overly touchy people who weren't really interested in what he had to say. Bummer!

Plus any thread with dick punching is my kind of thread.

I think the brutal and selfish nature of romantic love is resisted because it doesn't sit well with the happy, fluttery, sugary love we're taught to seek, and when these aspects of love arise that resistance is detrimental to dealing with it properly.
    It was boring to me, and way off topic. The first part doesn't justify a complaint, the second part did. The moderators apparently agree, because here we are in the fluzz zone, in a separate thread. Don't try to paint it as a manifestation of my or anyone else's fears of the truth about relationships or some crazy-ass crap like that.

It's amazing how whenever any kind of orderly intervention is taken on this forum, insidious psychological subtexts are read into it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

OOooohhhhhh fluff zone. I am so disappoint.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

OOooohhhhhh fluff zone. I am so disappoint.
    Okay? Your feelings don't matter. The point was to illustrate that the verdict here was that your conversation was indeed out of place in that thread.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

heart on fire

Seems like Synarch had a good point, but couldn't get there because of generally evasive and overly touchy people who weren't really interested in what he had to say. Bummer!

Plus any thread with dick punching is my kind of thread.

There's a middle road between brutality and fake sugary sweet.

MBTI
    ENTP

Okay? Your feelings don't matter. The point was to illustrate that the verdict here was that your conversation was indeed out of place in that thread.
    The point is, who really gives a fuck? Stop beating a dead horse. You saved the thread. Bravissimo.

MBTI
    ENTP

...derailer.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

It was boring to me, and way off topic. The first part doesn't justify a complaint, the second part did. The moderators apparently agree, because here we are in the fluzz zone, in a separate thread.
    It was off topic but it wouldn't have been put in the fluff zone based on the off topicness, it verged on graveyard and ended up in the fluff zone because it turned into a shitfight about how off topic it was and how stupid/annoying/stupid other members are. I don't believe the thread needed to degenerate into 'this is off topic, piss off' kinda conversation. Bring it to a mods attention then let us do our thang and neither conversation need be interrupted with personal attacks.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The point is, who really gives a fuck? Stop beating a dead horse. You saved the thread. Bravissimo.
    You keep asking me questions or making weird assertions. I am replying.

Are you enjoying it?

I have a deal for you. If you can resist responding to this post, I won't post in this thread again, or bring up that other thread again. Can you manage it?
    Go to sleep, iguana.