User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default Question for guys and gals --

WHO the hell wears this??

Ladies, would you wear a catsuit or leotard out with 'heels and some accessories' for a night out? And this night out does not involve a costume party or 80s themed night or lap dances for tips (at least, not on the job).

And guys -- do you find this attractive???

I do yoga and dance so I have an appropriate outlet through which to channel any urges for lycra and body suits. But I'm trying to envision the kind of nightlife/date/party/hanging out with firends scene where a unitard would fit in...

Actually, I know lots of folks who could rock this as they have kitschy, vintage, 80s, in your face style or who otherwise dress with a dash of elan and attract stares and admiration or just stares -- you know, they got flava hahaha -- but um...they aren't mall shopping kinda folks...

I just can't imagine a national retailer selling clothes like this and selling enough to make a profit...

WTF is American Apparel selling these to and where are these folks wearing them them????
    Last edited by CzeCze; 12-02-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Reworded question to be more accurate

I do yoga and dance so I have an appropriate outlet through which to channel any urges for lycra and body suits.
    I love it.

That looks like an artsy outfit that someone in a theater group would wear under a thigh-length dark-wash overcoat.

Actually, I know lots of folks who could rock this as they have kitschy, vintage, 80s, in your face style or who otherwise dress with a dash of elan and attract stares and admiration or just stares -- you know, they got flava hahaha -- but um...they aren't mall shopping kinda folks...
    I know people like this too. And yeah, one is an INFJ if I'm typing her correctly. She doesn't seem like the type to buy her clothes where most people do.

Most girls won't wear something that skin-tight, especially girls who aren't relatively svelte.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

It looks fine for me to look at, I might think it was a bit of an odd thing to wear, but no more so than some other outfits.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I would wear it if I weren't so body-conscious, probably. But only if it came in animal prints.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*morbid laugh*

I have a catsuit. Black velvet. So does my twin. We wore them out together a lot. I used to wear knee-high black boots with it, or high-heeled black boots with heavy chain straps. Looked good with the 'hawk.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

somehow as a midwesterner I can picture sorority girls who really shouldn't wear anything that revealing wearing catsuits to class if that catches on!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

depending on how breathable the fabric is I could see myself wearing it as a bottom layer in the winter (though it be a bitch to take off to go potty), but doubt I'd ever buy it unless I needed it for a film or something. so yea I'm skinny but i do have some fat and that thing would defiently show my fat rolls (which are practically non-existant) I think only ones would like good in that are anorexics

MBTI
    isxp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    WHO the hell wears this??

Ladies, would you wear a catsuit or leotard out with 'heels and some accessories' for a night out? And this night out does not involve a costume party or 80s themed night or lap dances for tips (at least, not on the job).
    I wouldn't, lol... at least not without a tunic over it or something. I think American Apparel clothing is intended to be layered anyway because it is made of super-thin see-through underwear type fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

I just can't imagine a national retailerselling clothes like this and selling enough to make a profit...

WTF is buying these things and where are they wearing them to????
    Ooooh, I know the types you are talking about. Hmmm... and it kind of looks like Feist's "1234" music video brought back this trend?

(clickable image is linked to her video)

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

This looks like the kind of thing only a size "zero" could pull off.

Plus, if one did wear this for a night out on the town, one might find it a challenge to disassemble/reassemble themselves in the loo once they are 3 sheets to the wind.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    This looks like the kind of thing only a size "zero" could pull off.

Plus, if one did wear this for a night out on the town, one might find it a challenge to disassemble/reassemble themselves in the loo once they are 3 sheets to the wind.

yeah thats what i was thinking. I don't think my curves would look so nice in that. It would just make me look obese.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.