First 12

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Get a good External Te.
    I'll go buy myself a "How to kidnap an ESTJ" manual from the store right now.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

sammy

What is your book about?

congrats on finishing. Will you be providing a link to Amazon.com for your book once it's out

MBTI
    ENTP

Thanks again!

"Once it's out"... well, that's not so sure and even then...
    1) It's the first manuscript I'm sending to a big publisher. Probably it will be rejected. I'm going to try a few more publishers, but still the bigger chance (*) is that it will never be printed.
    2) It's written in Dutch. That's my mother tongue. Even if a big publisher takes it on, probably it'll never appear on Amazon. Either you've got to read Dutch, or it has to be such a big hit that it'll be translated (veeeeeeeeeery small chance to that. You'd better bet on the lottery.)
    3) It's quite flattering to get all your support (so thanks again). But never mind my novel - there are plenty of other good ones. I'd recommend the Edge Chronicles (P. Stewart and C. Riddell) and The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear (W. Moers).

What is my book about... It's a fantasy story about a magician growing up in a world divided by religious wars. She tries to survive and make sense out of it all.

(*) Objectively. My own very subjective hopes and fantasies tell something else...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP

I've looked at a previous post here. I've sent that bloody manuscript to a publisher on the seventeenth of March.
    I haven't heard anything since. I've called and e-mailed the publisher. The responses I got were:
    - There are so much manuscripts, you shouldn't nag.
    - It's with ThisOne who has left the company but promised he'd finish his tasks.
    - ThatOne is the one who does ThisOne's tasks now.
    So I've e-mailed ThatOne. She promised me to look for the manuscript but I haven't heard anything since.
    Argh. Nag again??

Now, I know, I'm not exacly Miss MeetEveryDeadline myself, but come on... it's been half a year now!! I'm really frustrated.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I've looked at a previous post here. I've sent that bloody manuscript to a publisher on the seventeenth of March.
    I haven't heard anything since. I've called and e-mailed the publisher. The responses I got were:
    - There are so much manuscripts, you shouldn't nag.
    - It's with ThisOne who has left the company but promised he'd finish his tasks.
    - ThatOne is the one who does ThisOne's tasks now.
    So I've e-mailed ThatOne. She promised me to look for the manuscript but I haven't heard anything since.
    Argh. Nag again??

Now, I know, I'm not exacly Miss MeetEveryDeadline myself, but come on... it's been half a year now!! I'm really frustrated.
    Send it to another publisher.

Persistence is vital in a world infested with inefficiency.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Send it to another publisher.
    Yeah, I've thought about that too, but there is a little problem with it.
    What if I send it to publisher 2 and nr 1 answers the next week he wants to take it on? What do I say to nr 2? You're too late? It's not quite honest to nr 2 I think.
    I'm quite sorry I didn't send it to a few publishers at once. I preferred nr 1 (half my bookcase is from them) and I assumed they would at least answer within a few months (that's what they say on their website).

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Whether your work gets published or not, I'm proud of you! I'm rarely able to finish anything.

My dad used to write when he was younger. He sent his manuscript to one publisher and after this one rejected it, he didn't send it to anyone else. So if I were you, I'd keep sending it to publishers. Harry Potter has been rejected tons of times and look how successfull those books are now. Never give up!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENTP

Thanks, of course I'm going to send it to others. I'm just frustrated because nr 1 doesn't answer. At least if he said "no" I could get on with it!
    Now when my third novel is ready, I'm going to send it to a few publishers at once. I've learnt my little lesson.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've had enough. Publisher 1 is still not answering, I have the feeling they will take at least a few months or forever. Wednesday I've gone to the copy shop, printed four copies and sent them to Publishers 2 - 5.
    On Thursday (!!) I received a little note from #2 via e-mail, telling "We received your manuscript well. Thanks for choosing (Name). We passed it to the editor who will decide on it. Keep in mind we get lots of manuscripts. We'll answer as soon as we can, but that can take a few months."
    Now that's a good sign... At least they are paying attention to it. Rejection is of course still possible (and probable), but my fingers are crossed again

MBTI
    ENTP

Update. Now I've sent the manuscript to six publishers and I've got two answers.
    One by the very first (after another bit of nagging... argh...) - a standard rejection.
    The other answer came two months after I've sent it in (which is the timeframe they promised on their website!) - a rejection with half a page of comments about how to improve the work.
    I'm waiting for the other four...

In March I've begun another story, but that's on hold now because it doesn't seem to go anywhere.
    End December I started yet another one and that one is nearing completion!
    Edit: new manuscript is READY!!! Did the spelling control yesterday. Among others I did a guided computer control. Computer wanted to change "ginger" as in "ginger hair" into "horse"! The Dutch word for "ginger" in "ginger hair" is also a dialect word for "horse"... but of course "horse hair" isn't right. Just why did I turn off that automated control again? :-)
    Last edited by Tamske; 03-10-2011 at 01:44 AM.