User Tag List

First 234

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

YOU HONESTLY THINK PEOPLE TEND TO SHOW THEIR "REALEST" SELVES ON FACEBOOK!?!?

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

No. They show how they want everybody they know to see them as. Which says something about them whether it is a facade or not.
    be back in an hour

hmmm... some people are just extroverted on the net though. or more talkative at least --- because the medium requires a certain focus on words when interacting compared to real life. real life is multi-dimensional and makes people nervous sometimes.

plus, there's the whole element of taking time to choose one's words, and composing statements -- and this doesn't shed light on the true self either. if anything, they're being more careful how they come across.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    No. They show how they want everybody they know to see them as. Which says something about them whether it is a facade or not.
    Now, this, I agree 100%, it's both interesting and amusing, with a dash of patheticism. :P
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

The only thing I don't like about how people portray themselves on the net is when they're cocky assholes on it --- like, say, the typical stuff you see in youtube comments. Very few people have the balls to say anything similar offline, and I can't respect anyone who can only do it in anonymity. OTherwise, if a shy person is like.. more bubbly or something in their facebook page than they are irl, then i'm not going to hold it against them.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Then I have ex-boyfriends from years ago posting on remarks that my boyfriend leaves for me. I can't handle it.
    wow what a nightmare... LOL

thats why i don't friend ex's. well real exes... girls i just date are fine.

glad i don't have parents on it...

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The only thing I don't like about how people portray themselves on the net is when they're cocky assholes on it --- like, say, the typical stuff you see in youtube comments. Very few people have the balls to say anything similar offline, and I can't respect anyone who can only do it in anonymity. OTherwise, if a shy person is like.. more bubbly or something in their facebook page than they are irl, then i'm not going to hold it against them.
    yeah, those kid of emo ppl are weird. i don't have any direct friends like that, but occasionally I do see those types of people on my friend's facebooks commenting on their page. i just kind of feel sorry for them that they know ppl like that... but who knows, maybe it will happen to me someday too...

i've actually unfriended two girls I know just because their facebook updates were annoying... LOL

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    So glad we have you to dictate to us what importance level we should assign to the things in our lives! Yay for you.

Conversely, if this thread is annoying for you, feel free to skip over it.
    I was offering a solution, jeeze. next time, I will say nothing. And I did not say it annoyed me, I just think everyone is making a bigger deal than it is, I mean if a face book friend is causing me problems I just de friend them.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I expressly forbid people to post pictures of me without my permission, on pain of getting deleted from my friends list. That may look like an invitation for friends-turned-trolls, but hardly anyone has pictures of me, and those who do are trustworthy or they wouldn't be on my list.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I don't know if it's because I have 170 people on my friends list there, including people whom I haven't seen in 15 years, but I suddenly realized that I had to lock up all of my privacy settings. The thought of someone posting some hideous picture of me from five or ten years ago and tagging it without my knowledge mortifies me. I didn't realize until tonight that not only my friends - but friends of friends! - could see everything I post. Not that I post anything especially private, but still. Also, I have concerns about random asshat acquaintence who I barely know (and hardly even knew in high school, for that matter) writing something retarded on my wall for all the world to see.

It's different from somewhere like this, I guess, for the simple fact that these people know my full name and other IRL info about me. My singular fear seems to be public, wide-spread embarrassment of some sort.

Am I paranoid? Does anyone else feel this way?
    Yeah, it's kind of like that feeling you get when you jump into a sea of people at a concert and you worry that someone might have the guts to steal your wallet or grab your ass.

That's the risk you run on the internet in general, though. Especially since we have search engines that can be used to trace your activities on websites. Try not to make your screen name marmalade sunrise too often... it could be the key to your every thought or interest...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

Shit gets out when you're facebook life inter-veins with your real-life. The dimension of the game changes, and what was once a 2D ground-firefight becomes a 3D air-ground fight.

Not that I view relationships as fights or anything.