facebook gives me the horrors!
    Then you're paying attention...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INTP

I am terrified of Facebook. I'm ridiculously private and paranoid, and I don't want to keep in touch with everyone I ever met. I like moving on to new places, making new friends, and I don't need every time period of my life integrated onto one obnoxious website. And I don't need to know who found a pink cow or which Harry Potter character my friends are.
    Something Witty

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Does anyone else feel this way?
    I don't even have a Facebook account. I got sick of all that social networking stuff a while ago and went cold turkey, deleted everything I could. All that stuff you mentioned had a huge part in it. Haven't regretted it.

MBTI
    enfp

that happened to me a few months ago...

i got some junior high pics of my uploaded and tagged lol

i was pretty mortified, esp cus so many ppl out of my 500+ list (i love being in school lol) are from like my post 21 years... lol

watevers though. i think the shock of it wears off on them after like two or three days anyways...

I'm not afraid of kid pics so much as flushed, drunk, looking like a tard pics.

you can untag them though..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I hate the mixing of business associates and social acquaintances. I hate the real or imagined resentment of not accepting requests that are almost automatically sent from a persons email contact list.

Long lost contact regained with friends from grade school is kinda cool though.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hmm, don't mind so much, fueling the speculation that I'm a closet exhibitionist. I do hate the mixing of social circles though. Family vs friends vs work.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah- I'm with Jock here... if I could just keep all the groups seperate I wouldn't have to untag photos of myself and tell friends not to tag me in pics I don't want my grandma to log on and see me at 22 years old chugging a bottle of gewurztraminer and rubbing it in everyone's face that my partner and I won the beer pong tournament even if it IS a great memory

Thanks to the fact that everyone who is my friend can see stuff I have VERY little personal information available and have my privacy settings set so that most of my stuff is unavailable unless you're my friend
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, I hate facebook now. I started out just wanting to keep the madness to myspace while I cavorted with a chosen few on facebook. But now that my parents and at least 70 cousins are on it, it's turned into this crazy free-for-all. I'm constantly untagging pics of myself being bathed in sinks. I have my dad now trying to contact my mom (divorced for 30+ years and haven't spoken in all that time) because he saw she posted on my wall. And my mom is livid. At me.

People that knew my brother when we were kids want to "friend" me. People I meet at parties send me friend requests before I even arrive back home.

Then I have ex-boyfriends from years ago posting on remarks that my boyfriend leaves for me. I can't handle it.

Then I get the idiots and work contacts (!!!) that insist on sending me PMs through facebook when we've been using email addresses for years - why change now? So since I rarely ever log on anymore, I always have at least 80 PMs waiting for me that I would have answered right away if only they sent it to someplace that wasn't a cyber-playground.

I can't stand that place.

But nothing offends my privacy sensibilities more than Google. *shudder*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I finally broke 100 friends and I have barely bothered with the privacy settings.

Just not much to be paranoid about.