stfu, you're just a stupid ENFP.
    Hey at least I have people skillz.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (That's one irritation of online forums, to me... the same info gets repeated over and over, because there's always someone new to repeat it since for them it's the first time and they're getting it out of their system.)
    And that's why I'm increasingly moving toward writing threads/posts geared toward certain ideas or questions and just linking every johnny-come-lately to them.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And, of course, statistics would suggest that some of the N's here are S's in actuality.
    I'm almost certain of this. And not just slightly, I mean a big chunk of iNtuiters here are actually Sensors.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I just can't help but correct your use of your instead of you're in the sentence above. I know that one needn't be so particular about spelling, but I have a compulsory need to correct others on improper grammar and spelling. The linguist in me writhes in disgust whenever I am driven to do so, however.
    This is typical Ti, not Si. Si has no interest in that shit.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This is typical Ti, not Si. Si has no interest in that shit.
    This stuff makes my head spin. Everyone has a different interpretation of the functions in regards to the nuances that describe them outside of an abstract form and when I try to put that together to create a more concrete system, I always get contradictions. It makes me want to go crazy because I can't stop trying to piece together people into explanations, even though I 'just know' that there is no valid logical reason to assume these archetypes exist in an all-encompassing form, but rather only exist in the loose-contradictory associations individuals create for them. But even those are useful as a predictive measure. And this predictive measure is why it tends to be important to constantly consider new variations on each new person for a given type.

Oh I'm rambling. I'll stop now. I'm not sure what I'm accomplishing here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    @AyoitsStepho

Watched your vid profile. Cool idea. Possibly 4. And if so, INFx 4 at that.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...3-post532.html

I dont know how anyone could watch this and not say she seems more NF than SP.
    I just laughed out loud.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I agree, but I might offer the same criticism of someone with "INTX" listed as his type--if you understand the distinctions you're criticizing super for failing to grasp, there's absolutely no way you should have an X listed for P/J. This should be the most difficult letter to be uncertain about because INTP and INTJ imply entirely different functional makeups.
    I don't agree that we only posses 4 functions, and I'd guess the majority of people now believe that we all posses 8 functions.

Less fashionably, I reject the "cognitive functions based typing" in favour of "behaviour based" way of typing.

"Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I've always found that to be one of the great wonders of the internet: people seem to know me better than I know myself. How about that?
    And you always turn out to be exceptionally similar to those same peoples parents, ex-partners, boss, whoever and you get to experience their toxic venting as a stand in for whoever

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Why would you make a judgement about someones personality traits on the basis of their posts? Or even a single post? That's very little information to go, its pretty presumptious too, if someone was enquiring what traits others thought they had and provided a lot of information then I could understand, otherwis its a labelling exercise and what is the most common reaction to being labelled?

Either they conform in an unreal exaggerated manner to what they believe the trait to be or mean or they do the exact opposite because they hate being labelled that way, again because of what they believe the trait to mean.

The last person who did this to me I just put on ignore, their posts werent very interesting anyway but on the basis of comments on a single thread they told me I wasnt the type I'd repeatedly found myself to be in books (Lifetypes, Worktypes) and numerous online quizes. I felt it was pretty presumptious on the one hand and a sort of Borgian conform to type NOW! BS so dont need any dealings with them.

I'm not precious about type, I dont take comment on it or about it personally, and appreciate, unlike a lot of people who are interested in MBTI, that whatever type you are you have a shadow consisting of the traits you've repressed or disowned which can assert itself, The Enneagram is one of the greatest for providing people with both who they are at their best but also who they are likely to be at their worst. Likewise training, profession, values and ideology or myriad other factors can influence how traits do or dont manifest themselves, you could be very naturally ENTJ for instance but by vocation learn and can role play other traits or you dont think that your ENTJness should play out in certain ways (For instance being a Mach, Narcissist or Sociopath, Daniel Goleman's dark triad or whatever it was called).

I'm suspiscious of the same sorts of people here as I am anywhere else on the web, those who're predatory, deceiving, manipulative and the mods do a good job of trying to keep the lid on behaviour like that, less troublesome but simply nuisance behaviour, real signs of a lack of maturity being taken online were there arent the same natural consequences or social approbation get managed pretty well too. There's always the ignore function. Its easy to let it get to you once in a while and everyone has their own buttons which can get pushed, perhaps its more the straw that broke the donkey's back that day than he root cause or trigger, but it happens, then you got to take a step back yourself.

Sensors are intuitives here. That was a reasonably unusual spin.