User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah, Pgh got raped. Not nearly as bad as Philadelphia though. They actually cancelled university today! They didn't even do that for the G20, even though the police and military were tear-gassing protestors and students alike all throughout the day. I'm hoping they'll cancel again, especially as we're supposed to continue to get snow-raped across the next couple of days.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

December (18 inches): Snowpocalypse
    Last weekend (2 feet+): Snowmageddon
    Tonight (10 - 20 inches): Snoverkill

MBTI
    yupp

we're expecting 12-14inches by wednesday morning, they keep upping first it was 8-10 then it was 10-12 and now its 12-14 it's pretty nasty outside but of course this being chicago it's doubtful the city is going to shut down. So I get to go walk in this today and tommorow and thursday.thursday I actually get to get on a bus and go to the oriental institute, AWESOME!!! because their's nothing better then riding on the city bus. though I think thursday it will have stopped snowing so it won't be as bad.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh great. More snow.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

We just got told that, due to the impending snow, it's okay to work from home on Wednesday.

Then we got another letter saying that, of course, if the roads are clear or it's not unsafe to come to work, then we should come to work instead and not work from home.

This wasn't through HR, though, it was through bored middle management -- who gets paid to write this stuff?

... I mean, adult stuff, right? If you can get to work, come to work. If you can't, work from home. If you're already planning to work from home, work from home. And what if the weather is bad but you don't have the system to work from home? No answer on that one.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

No snow here, thank god. We might get some on the 11th tho, unfortunately
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Ack! The blizzard started slightly late again, once again missing my walk, thus leaving me over-prepared and over-heating!

For the past two days my walks to class have involved sometimes marching through snow up to my knees. The asses at my college are delaying classes but haven't canceled one so far. I hate those delays, anything is better than them. I hope they finally cancel for tomorrow.

EDIT: It just occured to me that as soon as a warm front blows in, we are going to have so much water everywhere.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Ack! The blizzard started slightly late again, once again missing my walk, thus leaving me over-prepared and over-heating!

For the past two days my walks to class have involved sometimes marching through snow up to my knees. The asses at my college are delaying classes but haven't canceled one so far. I hate those delays, anything is better than them. I hope they finally cancel for tomorrow.

EDIT: It just occured to me that as soon as a warm front blows in, we are going to have so much water everywhere.
    That sucks. My university has cancelled three days in a row...I love living in a region that isn't prepared for heavy duty snow. I will now bask in the schadenfreude.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is my neighborhood about 9pm. The snow had been steadily coming down since about 6pm or so. This is right in front of the place where I stay, and the grey car sticking into the left frame of the one pic is the front of my car.

One thing I love about nighttime snow in a suburb is that the cloud cover that is dumping it often creates a lot of ambient lighting from normal steet lights, etc, caught under the cloud layer and reflected black. No flash, no nothing on the pics -- and yet it's still very visible out... even at 9pm in February. There was also little sound -- everyone either was at home, meaning no traffic, and otherwise the snow was muffling it.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    That sucks. My university has cancelled three days in a row...I love living in a region that isn't prepared for heavy duty snow. I will now bask in the schadenfreude.
    Well, good news, they've actually canceled tomorrow! This doesn't suck... Except of course, it will probably be the same old thing on Thursday, even though none of the snow will have melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This is my neighborhood about 9pm. The snow had been steadily coming down since about 6pm or so. This is right in front of the place where I stay, and the grey car sticking into the left frame of the one pic is the front of my car.

One thing I love about nighttime snow in a suburb is that the cloud cover that is dumping it often creates a lot of ambient lighting from normal steet lights, etc, caught under the cloud layer and reflected black. No flash, no nothing on the pics -- and yet it's still very visible out... even at 9pm in February. There was also little sound -- everyone either was at home, meaning no traffic, and otherwise the snow was muffling it.
    Hmmm. In my part of town, the sky is more yellow/orange than that.
    Go to sleep, iguana.