User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Ugh, we've just been getting snow and snow.
    I want it to stop!

Sure, the moment I move away from Texas where I never saw snow, we get the coldest winters and deepest snow in years, here in Missouri. Pft.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

What's snow

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

We've been snowed in three times already since New Years. We are revising our equipment to deal with it, but there is a little stress for me when I can't get into work because it involves a lot of different people with different reactions. My sweety has done some rather heroic driving up in the mountain. He now officially qualifies as superhero. He drove backwards half a mile on ice and snow with ditches on either side and made it. Just recently he went uphill and around a turn on slosh and ice at a high enough speed to keep momentum and made it. My jaw was on the floor the entire time. It was pretty exciting actually.

I feel like I've become a bit of a wimp because I even shed a little tear recently when I couldn't get the chains on the tires, but I also had the flu, so oh well. A couple of years ago I survived a Minnesota winter that stayed well below zero for two weeks straight. I even moved during that period in January. I remember when I moved my humidifier a drop of water fell out and immediately froze on the ground. It was a weird process because I had to be sure I had no exposed skin with sweat when I left the building, and I was moving to a third floor, so I worked up quite a sweat overall.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    We've been snowed in three times already since New Years. We are revising our equipment to deal with it, but there is a little stress for me when I can't get into work because it involves a lot of different people with different reactions. My sweety has done some rather heroic driving up in the mountain. He now officially qualifies as superhero. He drove backwards half a mile on ice and snow with ditches on either side and made it. Just recently he went uphill and around a turn on slosh and ice at a high enough speed to keep momentum and made it. My jaw was on the floor the entire time. It was pretty exciting actually.

I feel like I've become a bit of a wimp because I even shed a little tear recently when I couldn't get the chains on the tires, but I also had the flu, so oh well. A couple of years ago I survived a Minnesota winter that stayed well below zero for two weeks straight. I even moved during that period in January. I remember when I moved my humidifier a drop of water fell out and immediately froze on the ground. It was a weird process because I had to be sure I had no exposed skin with sweat when I left the building, and I was moving to a third floor, so I worked up quite a sweat overall.
    Hell yeah! Minneota winters! (I think those are why all my california friends call me crazy)

It's funny when I'm here any everyone complains about the cold. I'm like 'This is finally a good winter cold! It makes you feel alive!'

I was pleased that Finland got a good Minnesota winter this year. People thought I was crazy
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

*shrug* I've lived in Michigan my entire life. I've lived on the west side of the state for some time now, where we get MUCH more snow than the east side. I have 4WD truck and you'll never find me running to the store like a crazy person. I have a couple cords of wood in the pole barn as well. Bring it on. The only thing it ever really effects negatively is air travel. Getting my husband home from the black hole that is O'Hare airport is quite a feat sometimes.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    *shrug* I've lived in Michigan my entire life. I've lived on the west side of the state for some time now, where we get MUCH more snow than the east side. I have 4WD truck and you'll never find me running to the store like a crazy person. I have a couple cords of wood in the pole barn as well. Bring it on. The only thing it ever really effects negatively is air travel. Getting my husband home from the black hole that is O'Hare airport is quite a feat sometimes.
    Yes O'hare is a pain in the ass. Which is why I try to fly in and out of midway as much as possible, I got a zipcar and drove my room mate their once and most of the time its not confusing to drop people off at the airport, not the case with O'hare. Plus I usually get lost trying to find the CTA in that place. At least with midway you walk through the parking garage and enter the platform their, at o'hare its just in a random part of the airport.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Funny, I clicked "New Posts" expecting to see a snow thread, and there it was

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    Funny, I clicked "New Posts" expecting to see a snow thread, and there it was
    I aim to please.

... 18 inches of white stuff here. But powdery from what I've heard.

Looking out the window, my car is a mound, I can't see the neighborhood street, and I hear the roar of snowblowers in the distance.

I think I'm staying in.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fuck the snow. I hate the snow. It's been snowing or raining for two months straight. Also, I hate the people who crowd the grocery stores when it's going to snow, like they think that armegeddon is coming. I mean, even if you get snowed in, how long will that be? For a day? Two max? Do you really need seventeen loaves of bread fatass? I just stand there at my register and they keep coming one right after another like the zombie apocalypse.

I'm moving back out West. I think I've seriously had more colds and crap since I've lived in WV, too.

MBTI
    yupp

plus if it is actually the apocolypse, hoarding food isn't going to help, you'll probably just freeze to death.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so