User Tag List

First 345

Thread: PTGATSBY

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

lol well pt I hear snow rumors for this week....... eek!
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    lol well pt I hear snow rumors for this week....... eek!
    Hah, snow + 135 (bus) = HELL for me. Getting the SFU bus down from the mountain is a nightmare... if it snows... I'm going to have to get up earlier. A lot earlier.

I'm more worried about the artic wind turning into a windstorm. I sure don't want what happened last year to happen again

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

"May you live all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Happy birthday, ptgatsby.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I know it was crazy last year. but sfu for sure will get snow if it snows, do you think though they will even be remotely prepared? I notice while driving down Nordel towards river road that they had salted recently, so that was promising, de icing my car on Friday was eventful though, one door was frozen shut, and it's a new car seemed odd to me. Oh well my son was thrilled when he was finally able to push it open.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Happy Birthday, PT! Hope you've had a fun one!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Cool a day late!

Since I'm late, Happy unBirthday to you !!

May this year provide unlimited opportunities to show off all your stats skills (especially the probabilities on finding a suitable mate--when a usually-NT type on the forum lists all their pie-in-the-sky qualitifications in a potential mate-- that is my personal favorite!, you are providing a public service )!

And kudos to Non for scoring all the gold jewelry, very nice!!

Hope it was a good one!!

*spotlight off*

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    "May you live all the days of your life" - J. Swift

Happy birthday, ptgatsby.
    Thanks "May I survive with a young heart" is what I wish for

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I know it was crazy last year. but sfu for sure will get snow if it snows, do you think though they will even be remotely prepared? I notice while driving down Nordel towards river road that they had salted recently, so that was promising, de icing my car on Friday was eventful though, one door was frozen shut, and it's a new car seemed odd to me. Oh well my son was thrilled when he was finally able to push it open.
    Hah hah... so far it's been ok and it didn't snow... but yah, I'm hoping to put off the SFU nightmare for as long as possible We get snow every year (pretty much) - you'd think we'd be able to handle it better.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Happy Birthday, PT! Hope you've had a fun one!
    I ate too much, had all my I energy sapped and wanted to curl up in a ball.

So - lots of fun Just can't handle it!

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    May this year provide unlimited opportunities to show off all your stats skills (especially the probabilities on finding a suitable mate--when a usually-NT type on the forum lists all their pie-in-the-sky qualitifications in a potential mate-- that is my personal favorite!, you are providing a public service )!
    Oh, I can't take credit for that. I owe it all to my reality beat stick! But thank you very much Should be a great year, uh huh!

And kudos to Non for scoring all the gold jewelry, very nice!!
    We'll get pictures up soon, I promise! (Soon, as according to my P schedule and not her J schedule )
    Hope it was a good one!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Agreed! I'll never buy a diamond until the day they grow them like pearls.
    Actually, I've heard there's a conspiracy to keep the prices of diamonds high. If they actually let them all out on the market, they would be so cheap the jewelers would all lose their businesses - or something like that.

And besides that, they are growing diamonds now. They etch each one with a tiny serial number so they can tell the difference.

Flawless Man-Made Diamonds - Popular Science

"Perfect single-crystal diamonds of more than two carats (the average engagement ring is less than a carat) churned out in a day. Scientists create the gemstones using a process called chemical vapor deposition (CVD), which grows diamond crystals one carbon atom at a time."

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Actually, I've heard there's a conspiracy to keep the prices of diamonds high. If they actually let them all out on the market, they would be so cheap the jewelers would all lose their businesses - or something like that.
    It's not a conspiracy - conspiracy requires closed doors. Diamonds are artificially controlled - both supply and demand (awesomest social engineering ever...) - and is well known, just ignored.

And besides that, they are growing diamonds now. They etch each one with a tiny serial number so they can tell the difference.
    Yup, but I'm waiting for them to get into mass production... A hundred years ago pearls were more expensive than gemstones - I would estimate that in 10 - 15 years, the price of gemstones will be on par with the current price of pearls (read: about a 75%-90% price reduction). It should follow the same trend. And without serial numbers. The only reason they have the serial numbers now is because of the fear of debeers - you can already buy synthetic gemstones (rubies, saphires etc) without any issues.

There are now three processes that can grow diamonds - and while it isn't home growing, it isn't exactly hard either.