User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Sim grills proteanmix about her moderating choices and she graciously obliges

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    No one is stopping you from speaking your mind. As long as you're not flaming and trolling anyone you are in no danger of anything.
    As long as mods aren't personally annoyed with your perspective, you mean. Funny how this tends to get automatically interpreted as flaming/trolling because a certain moderator doesn't like the point you're making.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It must be nice to be able to wear a mod hat and speak your mind, but others can't.
    +1

go back reread everything you just read but this time with some reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
    So here you're implying that others have no reading comprehension/critical thinking skills whatsoever? That sounds kind of personally insulting--good thing you don't have to worry about mods showing up and disciplining you, since apparently flaming via insulting people's reading comprehension and critical thinking is acceptable when proteanmix doesn't like what others are saying.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Sim grills proteanmix about her moderating choices and she graciously obliges

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    As long as mods aren't personally annoyed with your perspective, you mean. Funny how this tends to get automatically interpreted as flaming/trolling because a certain moderator doesn't like the point you're making.

So here you're implying that others have no reading comprehension/critical thinking skills whatsoever? That sounds kind of personally insulting--good thing you don't have to worry about mods showing up and disciplining you, since apparently flaming via insulting people's reading comprehension and critical thinking is acceptable when proteanmix doesn't like what others are saying.
    Believe you me, we do not run a modbox with unilateral decision making. Even if I had it gunning for you and Jaguar (which I don't ) I could not single-handedly take any moderating actions against either of you without consensus from other madmins.

So if you're feeling a bit sore because of the post I made in the other thread, you can take solace in knowing that my cat o' nine tails is safely put away with all my other fun time gear.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Believe you me, we do not run a modbox with unilateral decision making. Even if I had it gunning for you and Jaguar (which I don't ) I could not single-handedly take any moderating actions against either of you without consensus from other madmins.

So if you're feeling a bit sore because of the post I made in the other thread, you can take solace in knowing that my cat o' nine tails is safely put away with all my other fun time gear.
    Interesting that the other mods seem to initiate disciplinary action (or threaten it) so much less frequently than you. I wonder who'd win if we tallied up all disciplinary action from all mods and compared totals. I don't suppose it crossed your mind that sometimes the other mods just don't feel like putting forth the effort required to disagree with you?

And seriously, why is it ok for you to insult people's reading comprehension/critical thinking simply because you feel impassioned about a subject? Granted, I do this routinely, but I'm not and have no interest in being a moderator. You would think that people who have chosen to accept this duty would make more of an effort not to break the rules that they dole out punishments to others for breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Again, and it sucks that I even need to add in such a disclaimer:

I do not believe that all Si or Fe-ers are racists, that all racists are Si or Fe-ers, or that Si and Fe as cognitive functions definitively align with racism.
    Amazing how nobody needs such a disclaimer until his group is the one being generalized about, isn't it?

Quite frankly, I've always thought of the way some people on the forum talk about sensors as analogous to racism. I've read popular forum members frequently saying they could never be in a relationship with an SJ. I've always wondered if you substitute SJ for Black Person or Illiterate Person would people be as likely to make those statements.
    Maybe you'd have a point if being black or illiterate actually correlated with personal values the way being an SJ does.

"I could never date an SJ" is a much more reasonable statement because "SJ" is a description of the things that are important to a person in life. Since we (hopefully) choose mates based on how their values and personalities align with ours, it's far more reasonable to dismiss potential mates on the basis of cognitive functional priorities than on the basis of race or other meaningless demographic.

Enneagram
    1w2

Interesting that the other mods seem to initiate disciplinary action (or threaten it) so much less frequently than you. I wonder who'd win if we tallied up all disciplinary action from all mods and compared totals. I don't suppose it crossed your mind that sometimes the other mods just don't feel like putting forth the effort required to disagree with you?
    You really have no way of knowing how often rate of actions are taken against members and by which moderators, so this is just another something you've pulled out of nowhere. Maybe I've just been assigned to you? Maybe I feel like you're my special little Incredaboy and I have this gigantic tolerance for dealing with you when other madmins are like fuck this, I don't want to touch that with a 39 and half foot pole?

Don't be mad at your in thread warning...nothing was even done! And I admitted it was a scare tactic, so be cool. Well it's not really a scare tactic, it will happen if you start trolling NFPs again.

My megolomania would like me to believe that I have cowed all the other madmins into submission but, alas reality cannot support my delusions.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You really have no way of knowing how often rate of actions are taken against members and by which moderators, so this is just another something you've pulled out of nowhere. Maybe I've just been assigned to you? Maybe I feel like you're my special little Incredaboy and I have this gigantic tolerance for dealing with you when other madmins are like fuck this, I don't want to touch that with a 39 and half foot pole?

Don't be mad at your in thread warning...nothing was even done! And I admitted it was a scare tactic, so be cool. Well it's not really a scare tactic, it will happen if you start trolling NFPs again.

My megolomania would like me to believe that I have cowed all the other madmins into submission but, alas reality cannot support my delusions.
    Or maybe, as I suspect (and as is typical of your type and similar ones), you have a control issue and feel an incessant need to micromanage others through censorship when you feel personally offended by thread content.

I don't have any direct access to numbers, but I can make inferences based on observations of each moderator's personal style and what each one seems to think warrants disciplinary action.

When's the last time Night showed up in a thread threatening mass disciplinary action for something that hasn't even happened yet? MacGuffin? Fidelia? Halla? How often do the other mods micromanage thread content at all?

With rare exceptions, the others seem content to occasionally ban/graveyard people who are obviously spamming/contributing no worthwhile content, and other than that they pretty much live and let live. Not so with you.

But don't worry, you don't need to take any of this seriously and I'm sure you've already come up with plenty of personal justifications for it.

If you had to guess, though, which mods do you think use their moderator privileges most often? I'm genuinely curious about this.

garbage

Huh, I thought this particular Fi thread was missing the requisite Fi thread mudslinging bitchfest

Enneagram
    1w2

Or maybe, as I suspect (and as is typical of your type and similar ones), you have a control issue and feel an incessant need to micromanage others through censorship when you feel personally offended by thread content.
    If only there were more threads with content worth me opening up. My offense meter would be deliciously tingly.
    I don't have any direct access to numbers, but I can make inferences based on observations of each moderator's personal style and what each one seems to think warrants disciplinary action.

When's the last time Night showed up in a thread threatening mass disciplinary action for something that hasn't even happened yet? MacGuffin? Fidelia? Halla? How often do the other mods micromanage thread content at all?
    Good question. Perhaps I make in-thread warnings but the other madmins make them via PM? I actually don't often make in-thread warnings, except when I want it unmistakably clear that this thread or member is being watched and then I'm very purposely doing it for all to see. Kinda like the way Martin Luther posted his theses to the church door and how castles used to display heads on pikes. Maybe I value transparency very highly and want people to know that, say you, have been warned so other members can rest assured that madmins are not impervious to members being antagonistic towards each other.

With rare exceptions, the others seem content to occasionally ban/graveyard people who are obviously spamming/contributing no worthwhile content, and other than that they pretty much live and let live. Not so with you.
    Proof? Why don't you check out the Banned and Damned thread and count up how many madmins have done what. In what ways is it "not so" with me?

But don't worry, you don't need to take any of this seriously and I'm sure you've already come up with plenty of personal justifications for it.
    Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations.

If you had to guess, though, which mods do you think use their moderator privileges most often? I'm genuinely curious about this.
    Moderator privileges in what way? Feel free to start a thread on it and I will carry this conversation over to your thread.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We're all glad Protean is usually willing to voluntarily take the short stick when it comes to you, sim, but we could spread out the joy a bit to make you feel better.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You guys are so cuuuuute! I can't believe you're not a couple yet!

... how close do you both live to NYC?

...My megolomania would like me to believe that I have cowed all the other madmins into submission but, alas reality cannot support my delusions.
    That has been my scheme all along, playing the tiny demure wallflower and egging you on... meanwhile just setting you up for a grand fall, and then *I* shall be Queen... bwa ha ha ha ha!

... honestly, sim, though...she's right.
    No decisions like that get made without group agreement.
    So I'm watching you "N out" a lot here and firing a nasty string of blanks in the process.
    Drop into Ti for a bit, eh?

And yes, sometimes certain mods seem to end up being the go-between with certain members, for whatever reason. Not always planned that way, it's just that sometimes it happens. *shrug*

Consider her your own little guardian angel, and if she manages to redeem you, she'll get her wings and go to heaven and then maybe she'll be out of your hair...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

If only there were more threads with content worth me opening up. My offense meter would be deliciously tingly.

Good question. Perhaps I make in-thread warnings but the other madmins make them via PM? I actually don't often make in-thread warnings, except when I want it unmistakably clear that this thread or member is being watched and then I'm very purposely doing it for all to see. Kinda like the way Martin Luther posted his theses to the church door and how castles used to display heads on pikes. Maybe I value transparency very highly and want people to know that, say you, have been warned so other members can rest assured that madmins are not impervious to members being antagonistic towards each other.
    I've never gotten a PM warning me of potential disciplinary action. Come to think of it, when my posts get moved or I get banned from threads or anything of the like, it's usually you. I find it unlikely that the other mods are shirking their duty to assign disciplinary action to me out of desire not to touch me with a 39 foot pole--more likely, they simply don't consider disciplinary action necessary as often as you do. I wonder why that is.

Proof? Why don't you check out the Banned and Damned thread and count up how many madmins have done what. In what ways is it "not so" with me?
    I assumed that, since that thread only shows bans and graveyards, and not moving/deletion of posts, bans from individual threads, or threats of disciplinary action, it would not accurately assess the frequency of use of moderator privileges.

Or at least, that's what you seemed to be implying when you said I had no way of knowing which mods do what. If that thread does, in fact, provide accurate and complete information on this topic, why did you say I have no way of knowing?

Moderator privileges in what way? Feel free to start a thread on it and I will carry this conversation over to your thread.
    In terms of moving "off topic" posts, banning people from threads, etc. These things are not documented in the Banned and the Damned thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You guys are so cuuuuute! I can't believe you're not a couple yet!

... how close do you both live to NYC?
    Pretty far. What does NYC have to do with anything though?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That has been my scheme all along, playing the tiny demure wallflower and egging you on... meanwhile just setting you up for a grand fall, and then *I* shall be Queen... bwa ha ha ha ha!
    Actually, as much as I love you, you're probably in the running with proto for most frequent use of mod privileges. Both of you seem far more preoccupied with micromanaging threads than the rest of the mod staff, for some reason.