User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Jeez, and you're an istp? It has nothing to do with LIKE. It has to do with not letting us play how we want to play.
    If we're going with the sandbox analogy, I'm all in favour of removing the kids who pee in the sandbox as well as the teenagers throwing in beer bottles.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    STP

God, Poki, the next thing we need is another moderator around here..! Quit kissing up!
    lol, I have no desire to moderate. You dont want to give me control. *cloud forms of all the people I could play with and make go crazy* Are their any openings for mod? j/k, seriously dont want to be a mod, im just bored right now

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    If we're going with the sandbox analogy, I'm all in favour of removing the kids who pee in the sandbox as well as the teenagers throwing in beer bottles.
    We could always stand up the beer bottles and draw rings and have a peeing contest.
    Im out, its been fun

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's a big internet. There's something for everyone out there. But this forum can't be all things to all people.

What EffEm is saying is very true. We don't frown on conflict, in fact we welcome it (clearly, this thread and countless others containing epic conflicts are still here) so long as it is civil conflict.
    Well, I've witnessed numerous times--no, i'm not going to waste my time looking--where moderators jumped in or reprimanded in a VERY conservative manner, very early on. And I'm a freakin INFJ. It's probably because you guys just like hanging out here, and nothing escapes you. You are very on it. I just think it's intelligent to listen to what your subjects have to say, and consider your position open-mindedly. Perhaps we aren't just sounding off. Perhaps there is some truth here.

Perhaps you could tone down the moderating a bit and see if you get an increase of complaints from the masses.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    1w2

Well, I've witnessed numerous times--no, i'm not going to waste my time looking--where moderators jumped in or reprimanded in a VERY conservative manner, very early on. And I'm a freakin INFJ. It's probably because you guys just like hanging out here, and nothing escapes you. You are very on it. I just think it's intelligent to listen to what your subjects have to say, and consider your position open-mindedly. Perhaps we aren't just sounding off. Perhaps there is some truth here.

Perhaps you could tone down the moderating a bit and see if you get an increase of complaints from the masses.
    Eight out of 10 times the people you see coming out of the woodwork to complain about moderation on the forum are typically the bitter turnips who've been moderated. The other two are their sympathizers and/or boyfriends and girlfriends.

If the moderation on this forum is too heavy-handed for some members they are free to leave to open pastures. I don't get why people stay and then complain about the level of moderation on the forum.

Something must keep such people here, I wonder what that is?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Eight out of 10 times the people you see coming out of the woodwork to complain about moderation on the forum are typically the bitter turnips who've been moderated. The other two are their sympathizers and/or boyfriends and girlfriends.

If the moderation on this forum is too heavy-handed for some members they are free to leave to open pastures. I don't get why people stay and then complain about the level of moderation on the forum.

Something must keep such people here, I wonder what that is?
    Just contributing. You sound like this:

It's America! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Typically when you see one of us jumping in very early on, there's some history/context there. Like all these recent Fi threads that have been going to shit.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

For those who feel that certain moderators seem to take action more often:

1) As was previously stated, we discuss an issue and then either someone volunteers or is nominated to deal with it. This doesn't reflect who brought up the concern in the first place.

2) Some moderators are on here more and also have more history in the forum. We basically only deal with posts that are reported to us, or things that we come across ourselves. That means that unless it is an area of the board where we spend time, we may not know about everything that is going on, unless someone brings it to our attention.

3) Certain moderators know particular members better than others. It makes sense that those with the best relationship to them would be more likely to deal with them.

For those who are concerned that the board is overmoderated, it really is only the same kind of rules that would apply to adults conversing in a public setting. If you are publicly nude (the equivalent of online publicly oversharing in graphic detail), you become abusive, or you antagonize other patrons repeatedly, you are likely to be politely warned (and later get thrown out of) a restaurant or bar.

Enneagram
    1w2

Question

Just contributing. You sound like this:

It's America! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
    Well yeah. This is the United States of Typology Central.

I mean really, if people don't like it, leave. Why stay? It's an internet forum, you don't have to cross national boundaries or uproot your whole life.

I've left forums when the atmosphere isn't to my liking. It's not hard and customs didn't do cavity search or anything!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^ so you got a lot of Fi complaints, did you? More than normal? Cos I thought it was all funny and/or enlightening to some degree.

Also, if mods make up what? .5% of the forum (or 5% !) why should the members who think there is some over moderation going on here just leave, especially long-term members? Moderators are perfection personified? That doesn't sound very considerate, Ivy and Protean. I think those portions of your posts should go to the modbox. It sounds like you are hinting we should leave.

edit: I like the general crowd here, just not the overmoderation, so why should I leave? Plus I have almost 1300 posts. :sad:
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't think anyone wants anyone to leave, but we're not going to cater to a vocal minority to get them to stay. If you'd like to scrap in a sandbox, feel free to find another place AND also post civilly here. Unlike citizenship in a country, you can go back and forth between more than one internet forum.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii