User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Even if it were true that those 2 mods moderate more threads than the rest (who knows), I am confused as to the relevance.

In any group of people that can be ranked by a trait "X", you will by definition have some people that fall on either end of the normal distribution of "X". Does this mean that their expression of X is automatically "too severe"? absolutely not. It can be, of course, but simply being at the upper or lower edges of the spectrum should not be assumed to be a negative...the average isn't automatically the best option.

Everyone will have different opinions as to what should and shouldnt be moderated. Thats why we have moderators in the first place.

I have no issue with any of the mods and in general I think their judgement has been reasonable and often overgenerous. (I admit I was shocked by the recent inflammatory posts by one of the mods but as he later apologized I suppose it is not an issue)
    Some people like to garner as much attention in any way they possibly can to get people to support them. Leave it to an ISTP to knock it down a notch or two.

I like the mods. Well atleast Jennifer, Halla, and Protean I dont know about the rest. No issues here.

I think this is the same issue with Sim as in the Fi thread, lack of self-control Are you sure your not ENSTJ sim and pushing around Ne in its tertiary manner?

Ok, then, I'll bluff. We'll see how he responds to that. I don't know where this is leading, but at least it's leading somewhere new. This takes courage. Most people wouldn't have the courage to reach for the unknown at a time like this, but I can, because I can trust my principles to work in any new situation."
    edit: fixed
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Define insult.

Let's invoke some Ti here to clarify things so everyone is on the same page.
    Now, why won't that work in this case? Oh, that's easy.
    What is an insult to some, is not an insult to another.
    And all the Ti "clarification" in the world, will never change that.

There's something wrong when a mod calls posting a photo of a female vampire "trolling,"
    while a different mod is laughing their ass off about the photo.

The lack of consistency there, is bothersome.

There's something wrong when a mod renders a decision based upon what he/she thinks you INTENDED.

You can't prove what someone intended.

Without any real evidence, there is no case.

By the way, imagine this scene:

Mother: Bob you are grounded for a month!
    Bob: Why?

Mother: You did A,B,C,D,E, F in the past, and now G.
    Bob: Couldn't you have told me I was doing something wrong back when I did A,B,C,D,E, and F? I know about G, only because you just told me.

I have a hunch a smart person will figure out what is unfair.
    Well I said back then something like "Go f*** yourself f****** as*****, I am gonna kill you". I differed way from my usual speech .

Well you're right with what you say, but whatya wanna do about it ? The main problem on an online forum is that you cant really understand a persons intentions cause you just read written text and lack to see the person behind it + mods do have a preferance too. For example am I more likely to be kicked by protean than by Jennifer, because the former one really has no patience with naughty humor .

I dont know Jag, there are more important things in life than to break ones head on moderating styles on an online forum, no ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I like the mods. Well atleast Jennifer, Halla, and Protean I dont know about the rest. No issues here.
    Jeez, and you're an istp? It has nothing to do with LIKE. It has to do with not letting us play how we want to play.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't see Jag's example as inconsistency. I often laugh at trolling. Then I moderate it.

What some of you are not getting is that this forum has a purpose aside from being your personal sandbox, so it doesn't really matter that cleaning up after your exploits cramps your style. If what you're looking for is a sandbox there are plenty of other forums out there. 4chan, Fark, etc. (Even Fark is moderated, though.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Only content can be judged impartially, therefore only content matters.
    Content and style are inextricably linked. That's why style gets judged. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you're asserting that "please leave me alone" and "fuck off" are essentially the same thing because the content is the same - i.e., they both ask someone to go away. But they don't mean the same thing at all. I just don't believe that's true, and I don't believe anyone would react to them similarly.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't see Jag's example as inconsistency. I often laugh at trolling. Then I moderate it.

What some of you are not getting is that this forum has a purpose aside from being your personal sandbox, so it doesn't really matter that cleaning up after your exploits cramps your style. If what you're looking for is a sandbox there are plenty of other forums out there. 4chan, Fark, etc. (Even Fark is moderated, though.)
    Sometimes you need to scrap around a bit in the sandbox to figure out where you stand, though. Sitting quietly and eating your apples on the edge of the playground isn't for everyone. Those that want to eat their apples should be encouraged to do so, and those that want to scrap around in the sandbox and get sweaty should be allowed to do so, as long as they don't get too bloodied up.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Jeez, and you're an istp? It has nothing to do with LIKE. It has to do with not letting us play how we want to play.
    Im an ISTP that likes to play and have fun That was more of a very outgoing, intentional kiss up
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Im an ISTP that likes to play and have fun That was more of a very outgoing, intentional kiss up
    God, Poki, the next thing we need is another moderator around here..! Quit kissing up!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Sometimes you need to scrap around a bit in the sandbox to figure out where you stand, though. Sitting quietly and eating your apples on the edge of the playground isn't for everyone. Those that want to eat their apples should be encouraged to do so, and those that want to scrap around in the sandbox and get sweaty should be allowed to do so, as long as they don't get too bloodied up.
    It's a big internet. There's something for everyone out there. But this forum can't be all things to all people.

What EffEm is saying is very true. We don't frown on conflict, in fact we welcome it (clearly, this thread and countless others containing epic conflicts are still here) so long as it is civil conflict.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    All part of his master plan. Sow the seeds of dissent, have the system collapse, so he and Blue can become King and Queen of TypeC. Simulated will be their court jester. I've already said too much.
    It's okay, our mole already told us as much.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ...For example am I more likely to be kicked by protean than by Jennifer, because the former one really has no patience with naughty humor .
    is it really true, then... that I'm a humor whore?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft