User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    II have no idea what your post has to do with Juggernaut being banned.
    My posts being taken out of context are now reaching epic proportions.
    I would appreciate it if you did some reading to figure out who I was talking to, and what the conversation was about.
    I already read (you're welcome) and Jeno's take was accurate. My post has everything to do with Juggernaut's ban.

Your stance appears to be that people were treated differently, you talk about consistency and don't like that one member can appear to be treated so extremely different than another when in your eyes they have committed the same offence, if the only information you are looking at is that one member was banned and no one else was then you are operating on very limited data and are drawing the wrong conclusions.

The point was Juggernaut was banned, but nothing happened to the people who stirred up the hornets nest.
    They still have little halos above their head, I guess.
    If you're looking for inconsistencies then you'll find them even if they're not there, we are each responsible for the words we post, no one can stir a hornets nest and force someone else to type insults and attacks so in that aspect everyone is individually responsible and individually dealt with when needed.

To make it very clear: your take that other people involved with the lovefest that eventually lead to Juggernaut's demise had no mod interaction as a result of their actions is wrong, their outcome was however different as their response was very different and their prior history was different... can you really not see the link here to my previous post?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Personal responsibility should not be so foreign a mindset.
    Best quote of the year.

And this is said from a person who has received an infraction - which, when I was performing the action, I knew it was coming. Hence, deserved. FFS. I feel like I'm in kindergarten with some of these supposedly intelligent members and their whining.
    Hahaha, I wouldn't expect anything less! Bad. Ass.

Sometimes, setting a mofo straight is worth the little slap on the wrist... and really, it's just a slap. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Some of my favorite members have one or a few infractions, and they didn't cry about the sky falling when they got them. It's really not the end of the world. Seriously, it takes A LOT to be banned from here if you're well-established. There has to be a pattern, not just isolated events. Even a pattern isn't always enough.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, that's what I said. She was being harassed (imo) and then she reacted, rather than asking a mod to step in.
    Yes. She was like me in that regard. A mod brought it to my intention that I take punches, but I say nothing.
    Well what is the use of contacting a mod when someone calls you an "ignorant shit," if all that happens is their post is edited.

Oh gee, what an effective deterrent.

But I say something on my own to that same person who called me an "ignorant shit," and now I am labeled as "harassing."

I miss her, though.
    I miss her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The general rule of thumb is three infractions in a 6 month period and we consider a ban
    That has since disappeared from the FAQ. It was always my understanding it was 3 in 6 months, but the next time I visited the FAQ it said 3 infractions, period.
    I just went there minutes ago, and even that is gone now.

Did someone delete it, move it, what?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yes. She was like me in that regard. A mod brought it to my intention that I take punches, but I say nothing.
    Well what is the use of contacting a mod when someone calls you an "ignorant shit," if all that happens is their post is edited.

But I say something on my own to that same person who called me an "ignorant shit," and now I am labeled as "harassing."
    I've only flagged posts 2x that I can remember since I've been here. Both for annoying trolls. Normally, I confront people directly. Very directly. But name calling isn't really my style, so I never get accused of harassing anyone. I guess I just don't get sloppy when I'm annoyed.

I've definitely said some things that have been considered harsh, but usually those things don't happen in a bubble. Context and history matter, is all I'm saying.

And also, no one forces anyone to respond to anyone else and we are all able to block users.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We did remove that from the FAQ. It's still a general rule of thumb, just not an official rule on the forum. A couple of times it seemed as if people felt like they had a free pass to insult others when the timing was right, so we removed that bright line. But we still use it when we consider whether/how long to ban someone who is racking them up.

How do you know that's all that happens? We're not going to share it with you if anything further is done. And in a general sense, it usually is.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    ...If you want black and white rules with automatic infractions/bans go to INTJf.
    jeepers, do they really do that over thar?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    jeepers, do they really do that over thar?
    I believe so. They have strict restrictions around what is delete-able, warning worthy, infracatble, suspension worthy and bannable. As I understand infractions carry points and points trip account warning flags, then suspensions, then bans so it's as black and white as possible. Doesn't mean it's hard to avoid being banned (hell I've been there longer than I've been here and predominantly posted fluff which isn't totally embraced) but they are strictly enforced in an attempt to be as consistent as possible. It works pretty well for an IxxJ forum but it does appear to take away flexibility in leniency to me (not that I'm privy to modbox discussions), as an ExxP who prefers gray scale it isn't my favourite aspect of the forum.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I believe so. They have strict restrictions around what is delete-able, warning worthy, infracatble, suspension worthy and bannable. As I understand infractions carry points and points trip account warning flags, then suspensions, then bans so it's as black and white as possible. Doesn't mean it's hard to avoid being banned (hell I've been there longer than I've been here and predominantly posted fluff which isn't totally embraced) but they are strictly enforced in an attempt to be as consistent as possible. It works pretty well for an IxxJ forum but it does appear to take away flexibility in leniency to me (not that I'm privy to modbox discussions), as an ExxP who prefers gray scale it isn't my favourite aspect of the forum.
    I think if the forum here were more homogeneous, that process might be effective as well. Membership and staff who are generally the same in style and approach will be more apt to agree on forum tone. Even INTPc is rather predictable (i.e., "don't be stupid, don't be a wanker, and ESPECIALLY don't be a stupid wanker"; if you're a stupid wanker, you'll be gone in a week; otherwise you can treat people however you would, aside from wankerosity).

Frankly, we've got a melting pot here. No matter what approach is taken, someone will be unhappy, while others will approve. Rules that safeguard some will make others feel unnecessarily restrained.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think if the forum here were more homogeneous, that process might be effective as well. Membership and staff who are generally the same in style and approach will be more apt to agree on forum tone. Even INTPc is rather predictable (i.e., "don't be stupid, don't be a wanker, and ESPECIALLY don't be a stupid wanker"; if you're a stupid wanker, you'll be gone in a week; otherwise you can treat people however you would, aside from wankerosity).

Frankly, we've got a melting pot here. No matter what approach is taken, someone will be unhappy, while others will approve. Rules that safeguard some will make others feel unnecessarily restrained.
    I can actually see a more regimented approach working better over there. I sometimes hang out there under a different username. I'm a cyber drifter. I could see a certain style of trouble maker over there that wouldn't respond to anything except bumping into a wall like that. The INFJforum is hilarious sometimes in its approach to moderation. We weren't allowed to talk about America for two months. It is often free-spirited, but that particular instance struck me so funny. There are a lot of kids online also, which results in a different dynamic sometimes.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)