User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 351

  1. #21
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If this were a game show, that would be our cue to bring in our special surprise NFP guest stars.

    *looks around, waiting for the blood-pumping music to start playing*
    Does that mean I get to start hitting them with chairs while the crowd chants, "JEN-NY! JEN-NY! JEN-NY!"??
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #22
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you have any personal interest in seeing me avoid getting perma-banned. I think you find my posting style pretty offensive and are more inclined to forcibly correct or otherwise censor it than most of the mod staff.
    Not so, but once again, do you not think they'd put the breaks on me if I was gunning for you?

    As many rep comments as I leave you, I wouldn't even bother if you annoyed me you'd simply fade into the background. My eyes would temporarily blind themselves when I see your posts, massive wholes in threads and I'd black out and not know how I got to the end of the thread.

    Suck it up, eager beaver! You got publicly warned to behave yourself. You admitted to trolling in the other thread, your memory can't be that short. That warning didn't emerge from the abyss.
    If you're referring to my "Public Service Announcement" thread, I got at least three positive rep comments from moderators in that thread, including one from you for the OP.
    Exactly. If I found you so offensive I wouldn't by giving your thread kudos. But as the thread continued your ass really started to show and I could not condone your behavior and the things you said. You were trolling and you've done it through two threads about Fi. You already set up your pattern and there's no reason to believe it wouldn't repeat.
    And no, I haven't been graveyarded. I have a couple of infractions and a warning for profanity/insulting people here and there; that's all the disciplinary action I've ever gotten besides you thread-banning me from time to time.
    And how many of those were from me? I've given you relatively light slaps on the wrist for the most part via unofficial PMs and rep nudges to cut your shit out. You know when you're being offensive and taking things to far and you've still gotten off rather lightly for the extent of your notoriety.
    Sure, everyone does something at least occasionally; my contention was that you seem to micromanage more often, especially when you feel personally involved in the content of the thread in question.
    The only threads I "micromanage" are the ones I create and yes I am personally involved with the content. I moderate threads when the need arises. Make the distinction.

    Nothing in particular; I only said that because you suggested that I should check the Banned and the Damned thread for more accurate information on which mods have done what, and yet here you are admitting that it wouldn't provide enough information to be meaningful anyway. I'm confused as to why you suggested this.
    It provides meaningful information but not an exact 1:1 ratio. Sometimes one madmin can throw the switch to ban someone and another writes it up in the Banned and Dammned thread. Sometimes the one that bans also writes it up in the thread. I'm not going to go back and check who did what, which is why I said you have no way of knowing, nor am I going to check and provide a detailed explanation just to prove a point to you.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  3. #23
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    BTW, we don't make infractions/warnings public unless a member does first, but for the sake of accuracy, Sim, you have a couple of warnings and an infraction not the other way around. The yellow ones are warnings. And none of them were penned by Protean.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  4. #24
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Not so, but once again, do you not think they'd put the breaks on me if I was gunning for you?

    As many rep comments as I leave you, I wouldn't even bother if you annoyed me you'd simply fade into the background. My eyes would temporarily blind themselves when I see your posts, massive wholes in threads and I'd black out and not know how I got to the end of the thread.
    I don't think you're singling me out. I don't think you pick particular members to target; I just think you're kind of a busybody with a tendency to micromanage.

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Suck it up, eager beaver! You got publicly warned to behave yourself. You admitted to trolling in the other thread, your memory can't be that short. That warning didn't emerge from the abyss.
    Sure, now if only everyone could be as honest about the routine trolling that happens all over the forum all the time as I am.

    The warning emerged from the abyss because no Fi-bashing had even happened yet. And besides, you didn't even say, "I will start banning people if this thread degenerates into Fi-bashing"; you just said:

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Although this thread is still related to the OP, I would like people to know that I'm going to be actively banning people from this thread, beginning with simulatedworld.


    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Exactly. If I found you so offensive I wouldn't by giving your thread kudos. But as the thread continued your ass really started to show and I could not condone your behavior and the things you said. You were trolling and you've done it through two threads about Fi. You already set up your pattern and there's no reason to believe it wouldn't repeat.
    Then try being a little more clear with the warning next time.
    You just declared that you were definitely going start banning people, starting with me. You didn't even specify that this would only happen if the thread went in a certain negative direction; you just outright declared that bans were imminent.


    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    And how many of those were from me? I've given you relatively light slaps on the wrist for the most part via unofficial PMs and rep nudges to cut your shit out. You know when you're being offensive and taking things to far and you've still gotten off rather lightly for the extent of your notoriety.
    As far as I know, they all occurred very early in my forum tenure before you and I "met" or interacted in any significant way. But point taken.


    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    The only threads I "micromanage" are the ones I create and yes I am personally involved with the content. I moderate threads when the need arises. Make the distinction.
    Duhhh, come on. I'm taking issue with your definition of "when the need arises" and pointing out that it seems to "arise" for you more often than for other mods.


    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    It provides meaningful information but not an exact 1:1 ratio. Sometimes one madmin can throw the switch to ban someone and another writes it up in the Banned and Dammned thread. Sometimes the one that bans also writes it up in the thread. I'm not going to go back and check who did what, which is why I said you have no way of knowing, nor am I going to check and provide a detailed explanation just to prove a point to you.
    Right, but it doesn't cover moving/deletion of posts/threads or bans from individual threads, which is what I'm referring to primarily here.

    And Jenny has generously offered to keep track of all disciplinary action for a month, so it looks like somebody will be proving (or disproving, as the case may be) the point for me.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #25
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I don't think you're singling me out. I don't think you pick particular members to target; I just think you're kind of a busybody with a tendency to micromanage.
    Well come now...busybody? If only I were that interested in the lives of others, I'd be the pure embodiment of Fe. You're still not telling me where I'm busybodying and micromanaging aside from your tantrum about your in thread warning. I demand proof!

    Sure, now if only everyone could be as honest about the routine trolling that happens all over the forum all the time as I am.
    Yeah, troll.
    Then try being a little more clear with the warning next time.
    You just declared that you were definitely going start banning people, starting with me. You didn't even specify that this would only happen if the thread went in a certain negative direction; you just outright declared that bans were imminent.
    Your ban was imminent, but did not materialize because as I thought the mere threat was enough. When I said "Although this thread is still related to the OP" that was being clear. Your PS announcement thread is within three threads of this new Fi thread. Get your mind sharp!
    Duhhh, come on. I'm taking issue with your definition of "when the need arises" and pointing out that it seems to "arise" for you more often than for other mods.
    But where? Show me the threads I've done this. I've given you threads where your behavior dictated a certain reaction, at least give me the courtesy of showing me where my "need" as arisen more often. You must have something rolling around in your mind of where I've done this. If you can't barely pull enough threads together to show me then I'm lead to believe it doesn't happen often enough for there to be any reoccuruing pattern aside from the one you're pulling from the center out of nowhere.

    And my need is in my drawer, but whatever.
    Right, but it doesn't cover moving/deletion of posts/threads or bans from individual threads, which is what I'm referring to primarily here.
    If you're fishing for what criteria we use to move/delete threads or ban individuals from threads you can read the FAQ. We use the General Code of Conduct, there's nothing more to go on.

    And Jenny has generously offered to keep track of all disciplinary action for a month, so it looks like somebody will be proving (or disproving, as the case may be) the point for me.
    Look how friendly and helpful you mod staff is! I hope Jen doesn't regret that one.

    Aren't you entertained? Lucky for you it's snowing outside, I'm not going to work tomorrow, and feeling indulgent.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  6. #26
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Look how friendly and helpful you mod staff is! I hope Jen doesn't regret that one.
    Uh... I agree to monitor my own thread behavior for a month.
    Anyone else is on their own cognizance.

    (And I don't expect a list of my thread-splicing to be that long at all, or I wouldn't have agreed to it... more for my own curiosity.)

    ... you guys are really bored this week, aren't you?
    I'm not sure there's a point to be had here, you're just slapping fish.

    Going to bed. Ta!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #27
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,431

    Default

    This thread is amusing. haha.

  8. #28
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Well come now...busybody? If only I were that interested in the lives of others, I'd be the pure embodiment of Fe. You're still not telling me where I'm busybodying and micromanaging aside from your tantrum about your in thread warning. I demand proof!
    You move/edit/delete posts more often than any other mod. I don't care enough to actually count this up any more than you care enough to count the Banned/Damned thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yeah, troll.
    I seem to be one of very few people willing to admit to living under a bridge.


    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Your ban was imminent, but did not materialize because as I thought the mere threat was enough. When I said "Although this thread is still related to the OP" that was being clear. Your PS announcement thread is within three threads of this new Fi thread. Get your mind sharp!
    Why was my ban imminent if I hadn't even said anything insulting or off topic in that thread yet? I sent you a PM about this and got no response. The proximity of my thread to someone else's Fi thread doesn't seem to bear any relevance here. My ban shouldn't have been imminent if I hadn't said anything offensive/off topic yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    But where? Show me the threads I've done this. I've given you threads where your behavior dictated a certain reaction, at least give me the courtesy of showing me where my "need" as arisen more often. You must have something rolling around in your mind of where I've done this. If you can't barely pull enough threads together to show me then I'm lead to believe it doesn't happen often enough for there to be any reoccuruing pattern aside from the one you're pulling from the center out of nowhere.
    I never really expected you to believe me in the first place. I'm sure each of these instances seems justified to you in your mind, and I'm sure if I actually spent time rifling through old threads to find them, you'd have a justification for each one--so I'm not going to.

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    And my need is in my drawer, but whatever.
    And I'm not the dark center of the universe like you thought.


    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    If you're fishing for what criteria we use to move/delete threads or ban individuals from threads you can read the FAQ. We use the General Code of Conduct, there's nothing more to go on.
    I'll print it out and read it daily!



    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Look how friendly and helpful you mod staff is! I hope Jen doesn't regret that one.

    Aren't you entertained? Lucky for you it's snowing outside, I'm not going to work tomorrow, and feeling indulgent.
    Indeed, I am entertained. Hopefully this Nyquil will kick in soon and I can get to sleep at a quasi-reasonable hour.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #29
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... you guys are really bored this week, aren't you?
    I'm not sure there's a point to be had here, you're just slapping fish.


    Next, I'm going to chop down the mightiest tree in the forest wiiiiiith...A HERRING!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #30
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You move/edit/delete posts more often than any other mod. I don't care enough to actually count this up any more than you care enough to count the Banned/Damned thread.
    Are we going to do the I'm rubber, you're glue thing? You're just saying stuff now.

    I seem to be one of very few people willing to admit to living under a bridge.
    A very lovely bridge I'm sure! Those broken beer bottles, crack needles, and used condoms give it a comfy, lived-in look. I see a quick flip in your future.
    Why was my ban imminent if I hadn't even said anything insulting or off topic in that thread yet? I sent you a PM about this and got no response. The proximity of my thread to someone else's Fi thread doesn't seem to bear any relevance here. My ban shouldn't have been imminent if I hadn't said anything offensive/off topic yet.
    It's called a pre-emptive strike. Watch the Military Channel, they have stuff on about this all the time.

    I never really expected you to believe me in the first place. I'm sure each of these instances seems justified to you in your mind, and I'm sure if I actually spent time rifling through old threads to find them, you'd have a justification for each one--so I'm not going to.
    Geez, I must have some mindfuck going on. I've got more stuff going on in my life to even given two consecutive thoughts about whatever you're talking about.

    And I'm not the dark center of the universe like you thought.
    How can you be the center of the universe when I'm the center of the universe? Is everything I've learned about special relativity wrong??!?!

    Indeed, I am entertained. Hopefully this Nyquil will kick in soon and I can get to sleep at a quasi-reasonable hour.
    Yeah I am too but I'm going to bed soon. Try not to post before I wake up in the morning.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4246
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
  2. Learn about Pattern Recognition, Classification and Machine Learning with me?
    By ygolo in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 10:21 PM
  3. [ISTJ] How does one go about wooing an ISTJ? (and other questions)
    By Tea Party in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
  4. Odd idea about (some) NT's and NF's.
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO